Page 462 of 480 FirstFirst ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... LastLast
Results 11,526 to 11,550 of 11997
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Probably a lot more people will drive instead of taking public transportation, worldwide.
    im skeptical of this because there just ain’t the space.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    im skeptical of this because there just ain’t the space.
    A lot of people can't afford a car. And I'm guessing, 40 million unemployed will have problems paying bills for food and rent, let alone putting gas in the tank.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	returntogreatness.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	329805

brrrrrrrrrrrrr

^^^^Irony? based on all the partying going on sans masks and social distancing, I gather people will be dying to get on planes real soon.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Covered LK. Started HTZ short via puts. Puts are nice and liquid.

Added some CHK calls just in case this market gets frothy or a shooting war is started

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Covered LK. Started HTZ short via puts. Puts are nice and liquid.

Added some CHK calls just in case this market gets frothy or a shooting war is started
    will the indexes go up or down if we get a shooting war??

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    will the indexes go up or down if we get a shooting war??
    Probably to the Moon. I've been a LMT long for 5 years so that'll print $

Icahn just took it lubeless on HTZ exiting his position
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carl-...213205837.html

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Icahn just took it lubeless on HTZ exiting his position
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carl-...213205837.html
    That ones probably in IEP

HTZ now has borrows. Buying puts, selling calls trying to construct short synthetically.

Got bought in on CHK again. Will look at reestablishing position for July bond payments

HTZ position constructed. Spread of June puts and calls. OOTM 2.5c sold with a decent premium to keep avg cost of the puts down. Some July calls bought just in case HTZ miraculously goes to the moon

Here's the buyers.

And https://robintrack.net/symbol/HTZ

HTZ NorAm declared Ch11. The assets (cars) are pledged as security so will be dumpster - sold. The international arms are seeking Ch11 equivalents. There is a ladder of debt but that's fairly standard. In order of priority bank, specific collateral, 2L, junior then last commons. It's unusual for commons (or calls) to retain so much value going into delist or Ch11.

The Robinhood shareholdings may explain some of that
    Name:  Screenshot_20200528-082438_Reddit.jpeg
Views: 519
Size:  75.7 KB
    Last edited by LeeLau; 05-28-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Trump supposedly is going to be doing a presser tomorrow on China. Seems like Trump wants to poke the dragon again. Should be good times for the world's markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Trump supposedly is going to be doing a presser tomorrow on China. Seems like Trump wants to poke the dragon again. Should be good times for the world's markets.
    I think you must of missed this news:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-h...ay-2020-05-28/

Yeah, anything but acknowledging just cruising by 100000 deaths. And counting.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I think you must of missed this news:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-h...ay-2020-05-28/
    No, saw that. Trump has just been waving his tiny stick, and Friday he's going to probably come out with what "sanctions" are being imposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    No, saw that. Trump has just been waving his tiny dick, and Friday he's going to probably come out with what "sanctions" are being imposed.

FYI
    Although I'm sure you meant to say that.

Mobile oil tanks revenues are tanking.
    Rail earning and volumes way down.
    This is a good sign.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

SPX 2020 earnings estimate in Jan/Feb $180. Current estimate is about $125.

Pretty good lesson to be learned there in terms of market drivers (liquidity vs. earnings expectations). You can play the game and rely on wealth effect inducement from the FOMC et al. as your fundamental rationale for being long of stocks. Just understand it's that and has nothing to do with the rationale that led you to invest in the first place. My biggest mistake this past decade has been the under-appreciation of that wealth effect policy of targeting asset valuations via liquidity provision. It's an incredible sedative to keep the herd long. Leveraged loans are charging back to pre-COVID levels on the back of monetization of related ETFs, buying out credit misadventures with public purchasing power. The logical conclusion of what arguably started in the 80s with S&L crisis reaction.

I'm just a lurker here (and don't even invest), but I thought this article was fantastic. It really helped me to understand what's been going on lately. What Is the Stock Market Even for Anymore? https://nyti.ms/2yBgPgb

Exerpt: "Now consider this: Yardeni Research reports that in 2019 alone, U.S. companies in the S&P 500 bought back $728.7 billion of their own stocks, which is equivalent to 3 percent of the country’s G.D.P. Not only that: According to Goldman Sachs, buybacks constituted the single-largest source of demand in the stock market, which was also the case in two of the previous three years. This was a period in which the stock market gained around 65 percent. To the extent that buybacks helped fuel the run-up, it suggests that the market was really just a hall of mirrors."

Sent from my LG-US998 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

The fed has stepped in to do buybacks in lieu of companies albeit on the debt side.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The fed has stepped in to do buybacks in lieu of companies albeit on the debt side.
    And without the benefits of equity or dividend participation! Isn't transfer of wealth great?

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I'm just a lurker here (and don't even invest), but I thought this article was fantastic. It really helped me to understand what's been going on lately. What Is the Stock Market Even for Anymore? https://nyti.ms/2yBgPgb

Exerpt: "Now consider this: Yardeni Research reports that in 2019 alone, U.S. companies in the S&P 500 bought back $728.7 billion of their own stocks, which is equivalent to 3 percent of the country’s G.D.P. Not only that: According to Goldman Sachs, buybacks constituted the single-largest source of demand in the stock market, which was also the case in two of the previous three years. This was a period in which the stock market gained around 65 percent. To the extent that buybacks helped fuel the run-up, it suggests that the market was really just a hall of mirrors."

Sent from my LG-US998 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yes, it's money from the corporate tax cuts.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

I have given in to the inexorable power of the Fed. Bought LK at 2.06 after covering my short about there. Selling covered calls against it.

The call writers are aggressive. Getting 15% on the weeklies with just 5 days left prior to expiry. Just did this twice so far though

I'm in the thick of the market on the banking research side and it really seems a bit surreal.
    All the years combine
    they melt into a dream

That NYT article was interesting.

“Over 90 percent of the value of stocks is dependent on earnings more than a year in the future,’’ he said. ‘‘The market is very forward-looking.’’ Investors weren’t thinking six months ahead; they were thinking a year or two ahead, Siegel said, by which point the virus would probably have been brought under control.