Page 394 of 729 FirstFirst ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 18222

Is the stock market going to tank?

St.Louis stay at home order. At least 30’days. This is apocalyptic for small business. Not a cash resister ringing.

Wow. People are going to be decimated by this like nothing before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have one friend that had to shut his business Friday. He had a run of deposit returns that completely tapped him out and he can't make end of month payments. Another has expenses covered through the end of the month then has to let his crew go. I know 2 others that just opened within the last 6 weeks that probably won't be able to make it through the end of April. What a mess...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I have one friend that had to shut his business Friday. He had a run of deposit returns that completely tapped him out and he can't make end of month payments. Another has expenses covered through the end of the month then has to let his crew go. I know 2 others that just opened within the last 6 weeks that probably won't be able to make it through the end of April. What a mess...
    AAAA Can xxxxx,, and azpE as AaT R a

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Those edibles got a hold of you early today huh?

Wow, I'm going to keep that, although I'm pretty sure that's a butt dial like response. I guess it happened when I pocketed the phone. Or maybe I was hacked by aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Anyone else thinking that Blue Apron/Hello Fresh etc might see somewhat of a reemergence?
    We've been hooked on that for a while. Blue Apron got our food to us but also sent an email to us apologizing for all the orders that didn't get out on time because they have too much demand. My mom does Freshly and said she has to sign up weeks in advance right now.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    We've been hooked on that for a while. Blue Apron got our food to us but also sent an email to us apologizing for all the orders that didn't get out on time because they have too much demand. My mom does Freshly and said she has to sign up weeks in advance right now.
    We've been on Purple Carrot for a while now and they were still holding steady as of this week. We actually canceled though because it is expensive and we have lots of food at home now that we aren't going out.

Surprised you guys are getting those in CB. We went through a few services and they kept dropping out of Summit CO because of delivery challenges/not enough sales maybe. The ones that did their own delivery were the best but I can see why they didn't work out. They'd pick up and reuse packaging material which is probably my biggest issue with all the other delivery services, the amount of waste it creates.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    When they fuck up the checks (and I bet they will) some people are gonna be mighty unhappy.
    People are going to be unhappy no matter what. Even a grand a month, won’t save the service workers.

It’s basically been a week for me, and I’ve learnt I may not be able to go on any more insurance appts the rest of the yr. luckily, I will still be fine. But in a month, it’s going a whole different situation for a lot of people.

My insurance friend has two house flips listed, he was the perma bull, and called me yesterday saying he hopes he can sell them and buy the mkt. he probably owns 10 other highly leveraged rentals.

He never listened to me, used car salesman riding the bull mkt, buying 25k in calls here and there. I was Mr negative all the time.

I’m going to just start writing those people off now.

sig worthy

I spoke with a brick & mortar retail owner on Friday. He had a nice niche cash cow biz for years, but has decided to shut down and retire before he leaks any more oil. For whatever reason, his shop's LL did not require a personal guaranty, so the LL will get nothing more than a judgment against an insolvent LLC, and client can shut the doors without fear of personal recourse. He and his wife will be fine -- house paid off, a few years from taking max SS @ combined $5K+/month, will have 25X+ after-SS cash needs in savings/SEP (mostly CDs, treasuries, cash) and have always lived well within their means. But 12 employees @ mean age 45 with mortgages will be out on the street with no new job prospects. He has no idea what they will do.

The above is happening at lightning speed all over the U.S. -- check that: All over the world.

The crisis will accelerate the demise of locally owned brick & mortar retail. Amazon will fill the void and get bigger and bigger, faster and faster. Main Street is fucked. World economy will emerge out of this crisis more top heavy than ever. Once again, small biz gets fucked in the ass with a broomstick. And so it goes.

ETA: OTOH, some locally owned service biz will do fine, e.g., another friend has a motor vehicle repair shop looking good cuz people won't be buying new cars, hanging on to their old ones and doing what's needed to keep 'em running.
    Last edited by GeezerSteve; 03-22-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    sig worthy

It's my cofefe.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Signed up for Daily harvest . The Smoothies are good

I think we all know this is going to be really bad. Likely worse than 2008/09, so ya, this market has a ways to fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I think we all know this is going to be really bad. Likely worse than 2008/09, so ya, this market has a ways to fall.
    I'm watching Italy. When they announce an all clear just to walk around on the street, I'm buying.

I'm watching Italy. When they announce an all clear just to walk around on the street, I'm buying.
    Maybe, I think anti virals available to all that work are a good indicated too.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

This is actually a solid idea. Look at WA state contagion rate of spread too. It looks like they're the benchmark US region

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus

And Wiki scrapes that site and calculates day % increase

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020...ington_(state)

Another paper trade in the secret mutual fund. You won’t be buying anything.

It was Tom Baldwin that made Market Profile popular. He invented it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Baldwin_(trader)

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Another paper trade in the secret mutual fund. You won’t be buying anything.
    I'm going to be so much richer than you in '21. You can come clean my place.

I'm going to be so much richer than you in '21. You can come clean my place.
    600sf condo?

Buys a fixed annuity and thinks he’s a player.

Two bathrooms, baby. And they are funk-eeee.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    The word you are looking for is Depression.

Even the rich will feel it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    The word you are looking for is Depression.

Even the rich will feel it this time.

There are plenty of rich who survived the depression very well. Profited, as a matter of fact, because everything they wanted was now so much cheaper. The stock speculators, especially those playing on margin, lost. Many did ok to well. What got them was FDRs New Deal taxation, forcing them to walk away from large properties.

I’m not talking about the Kennedys, or people with big bond ladders and apartment buildings. I’m talking about the nouveau riche, the divorcees, the idiot sons, the people with accounts at Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley who gobbled the goop they were sold. 80% of them.

Something for the millennials, Stock Jump a ski-jumping game to celebrate the fall of capitalism with real stock data:

http://stockjump.sos.gd/

FYI it's a dumb online game that only has mouse controls. If you time your jump Netflix, BTC, Dollar Tree allow for good distance