Page 476 of 729 FirstFirst ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... LastLast
Results 11,876 to 11,900 of 18222
    Thots and Prayers. Please please for the love of God keep these people solvent and in the market!

"I hope and pray for you to consider the shareholders,” wrote 50-year-old individual investor John Hardt in a letter dated May 25, one of dozens sent to the Corpus Christi, Texas-based court overseeing the case in recent months.

Hardt is part of a growing number of retail traders -- many driven by lockdown boredom and free online trading -- who have piled into the stock market."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amate...ity&soc_trk=fb

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    So, what happened this afternoon? Did the market finally realize that Biden will actually be president?

Brutal sell-off in the final hour. Be interesting to see where this goes tomorrow.
    One wonders if China sanctioning two prominent Republican senators was a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    NIO will likely do a dilutive below market financing because they have to which will be a catalyst. RSI over 90 for 2 days. Shorted more at mid 16s. Covered in low 14s. Kept half the short on. I've set a stop loss.

TSLA is a cult. I won't short cults. NIO is the vulnerable EV hype pump.

I'm also short WKHS from low 17s and have sold puts to get long below 10. Also in the category of EV hype pumps but with a bit more meat than NIO
    The whole TSLA thing just boggles the mind. It's a run away train, and just wonder if or when it comes off the tracks. Crazy that Musk is now worth more on paper than Buffet.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The whole TSLA thing just boggles the mind. It's a run away train, and just wonder if or when it comes off the tracks. Crazy that Musk is now worth more on paper than Buffet.
    Buffet has given away approximately half his net worth.

The entire EV sector pumped hard this past week along with TSLA. I'm long some SPACs that have appetite to take some EVs public. SPAQ (sold at 18), KCAC-U, GIx-U. Short NIO and WKHS (WKHS via put straddle and recently pure short as shares were borrowable). Missed NKLA, FCEL, PLUG, SOLO. The daytraders have been eminently predictable in this regard

Amazing 20% intraday move on a $300B company. That’s rididiculous.

Much more bonkers thing about this is that 25% of the float and 21% of the total shares outstanding of a megacap this size traded hands. Implies shareholder base turnover every 4-5 days.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Getting to frothy for me. I unloaded most of my AAPL today.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    One wonders if China sanctioning two prominent Republican senators was a factor.
    Yeah, that was a little weird. Guess Ted’s not going to be able to vacation in Beijing anytime soon.

Biden’s view of the stock market, in case anyone missed it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/markets...0-7-1029383265

For folks just learning, what are some good blogs/websites you all like? I'm looking for both SeekingAlpha type websites (NOT motleyfool), as well as any good blogs/vlogs that explain different smart investing strategies and cover different fundamentals.

I am still trying to learn as much as i can to figure out what allocation ratio to different assets, markets, investment types fits me and my goals best. My learning style is much more geared towards bulletpoints, than it is towards reading long books with story-driven points (though i forced myself to read Graham's Intelligent Investor, and Bogle's Mutual Funds book and frankly got about 10 minutes of bullet points out of each of them). My goal isnt to beat the market, it is to become competent enough to develop my own long term financial plan and manage my own money (with a light hand) so i dont have to pay some guy a few hundo a year to blow smoke up my ass while he returns less than the market.

Thots and Prayers. Please please for the love of God keep these people solvent and in the market!

"I hope and pray for you to consider the shareholders,” wrote 50-year-old individual investor John Hardt in a letter dated May 25, one of dozens sent to the Corpus Christi, Texas-based court overseeing the case in recent months.

Hardt is part of a growing number of retail traders -- many driven by lockdown boredom and free online trading -- who have piled into the stock market."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amate...ity&soc_trk=fb
    Hardt, when contacted by Bloomberg last week, said he had “zero knowledge of the bankruptcy process” before buying about 10,000 J.C. Penney shares. The Plano, Texas native said he’s already sold the position.

The equivalent of a blind Huck-and-hope onto a steep convex rollover after an upside down storm cycle.

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    For folks just learning, what are some good blogs/websites you all like? I'm looking for both SeekingAlpha type websites (NOT motleyfool), as well as any good blogs/vlogs that explain different smart investing strategies and cover different fundamentals.

I am still trying to learn as much as i can to figure out what allocation ratio to different assets, markets, investment types fits me and my goals best. My learning style is much more geared towards bulletpoints, than it is towards reading long books with story-driven points (though i forced myself to read Graham's Intelligent Investor, and Bogle's Mutual Funds book and frankly got about 10 minutes of bullet points out of each of them). My goal isnt to beat the market, it is to become competent enough to develop my own long term financial plan and manage my own money (with a light hand) so i dont have to pay some guy a few hundo a year to blow smoke up my ass while he returns less than the market.
    Hedgeye.com is a transparent view of a macro hedge fund trading strategy. Follow their twitter for a while. You’ll learn a lot. They have a long only etf model. For macro chart trading try https://northmantrader.com. It’s long term charting.
    Last edited by 4matic; 07-14-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Dollar tanking is next bullish catalyst.

You can't learn about investing by reading bullet points.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

https://wealthtrack.com/

This guy knows how to beat the market.
    Alert - part 1 Is second posted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BqYfUzbAKs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5kee6K0lAw

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    You can't learn about investing by reading bullet points.
    That's very concise. I feel like that point could use a friend or two, though, to really tie the response together. Do you have others?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    That's very concise. I feel like that point could use a friend or two, though, to really tie the response together. Do you have others?
    I'm saying, or trying to, that investing is very difficult. And simple at the same time. Simple because if you buy stocks when they are inexpensive, for example cape is low, you will make money over the long term.

Difficult baveuse of émotions getting in the way.

Intelligent investor though is a really worthwhile read.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I'm saying, or trying to, that
    • investing is very difficult

• And simple at the same time

• If you buy stocks when they are inexpensive, for example cape is low, you will make money over the long term.

• Difficult baveuse of émotions getting in the way.

• Intelligent investor though is a really worthwhile read.
    I think I see what you mean. Thanks!
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Bravo

Covered rest of NIO. I'm sure it'll pump again given how frothy this market is. Still short WKHS

Well, that was a better day. More than made up for what I lost yesterday.

Lots of red in the extended session, though. Another buying opportunity? Or an ominous portent?

Maybe I should just put it all back into mutual funds and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Well, that was a better day. More than made up for what I lost yesterday.

Lots of red in the extended session, though. Another buying opportunity? Or an ominous portent?

Maybe I should just put it all back into mutual funds and forget about it.
    Guess that was just some profit taking. Lots of green now. Guess I should have bought more when I had the chance. JETS is up 5% after hours.

Nothing like a little vaccine possibility to juice up the afterhours session.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Nothing like a little vaccine possibility to juice up the afterhours session.
    Ah, I see, Moderna. Yeah, that is encouraging news, even with all the qualifications.

Covered some WKHS. Perhaps the EV bubble deflating.

NIO is committing suicide. So is NKLA

Started perennial hyped crap MVIS short. Same with STIM.

Covered some WKHS. Perhaps the EV bubble deflating.

NIO is committing suicide. So is NKLA

Started perennial hyped crap MVIS short. Same with STIM.
    Time to short TSLA?

Thanks for carrying this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Time to short TSLA?

Thanks for carrying this thread.
    TSLA is a cult. Normal rules do not apply