Page 395 of 729 FirstFirst ... 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I’m not talking about the Kennedys, or people with big bond ladders and apartment buildings. I’m talking about the nouveau riche, the divorcees, the idiot sons, the people with accounts at Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley who gobbled the goop they were sold. 80% of them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You'd be surprised . Many will be lucky. If they don't have to work and don't depend on a business for basic income, they'll be fine, if they weren't all in on a risky investment. Well, certainly a ton better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

Surprised you guys are getting those in CB. We went through a few services and they kept dropping out of Summit CO because of delivery challenges/not enough sales maybe. The ones that did their own delivery were the best but I can see why they didn't work out. They'd pick up and reuse packaging material which is probably my biggest issue with all the other delivery services, the amount of waste it creates.
    Blue Apron, Hello fresh and Home Chef are the only ones that deliver here, maybe because they're all FedEx. Yeah, there is a lot of waste, but I've never thrown any food away- we always make those dishes, and I've thrown tons of grocery food away unfortunately. That's the one upside for the delivery kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You'd be surprised . Many will be lucky. If they don't have to work and don't depend on a business for basic income, they'll be fine, if they weren't all in on a risky investment. Well, certainly a ton better than most.
    I agree, but what I meant was a lot of millennial opinion about capitalism has been shaped by the Great Recession which occurred during their financial formative years just like a lot of boomer opinion was shaped by 70s stagflation. We'd all be better off if we could do a better job of stepping outside our frames of reference.

Well, then, get off your ass and vote.

I’m not talking about the Kennedys, or people with big bond ladders and apartment buildings. I’m talking about the nouveau riche, the divorcees, the idiot sons, the people with accounts at Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley who gobbled the goop they were sold. 80% of them.

Bruised Hedge Funds Ask Clients for Fresh Cash to Buy the Dip https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-buy-the-dip

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Bruised Hedge Funds Ask Clients for Fresh Cash to Buy the Dip https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-buy-the-dip

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    That’s going to happen across the business. All those structured products sold to HNW morons. No one explained to Dr Bob that he was actually shorting puts, not even at good prices.

But the firms sloughed off their risk on their clients! Cause they gobbled up warrants for a 25 pt vol skew.

as a rookie when it comes to investing in individual stocks - do companies have to report first quarter earnings? does that happen at the end of this month / start of next?

And would that information not yet be 100% baked into a stock's value since this information isn't truly know until reported (except for insiders)

just looking for some hand holding through these bargain basement times

How long until we find a super-heavily leveraged hedge fund manager floating in the Snake?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    How long until we find a super-heavily leveraged hedge fund manager floating in the Snake?
    Grab his Franck Muller if you find him first.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    as a rookie when it comes to investing in individual stocks - do companies have to report first quarter earnings? does that happen at the end of this month / start of next?

And would that information not yet be 100% baked into a stock's value since this information isn't truly know until reported (except for insiders)

There are exceptions but SEC requires reports quarterly or lose your listing. The problem is what are earnings? GAAP Non-GAAP. Revenue seems to be a more important metric these days. Also, there are earnings basically all the time. Just search earnings calendar.

Stock futures down the limit

Grab his Franck Muller if you find him first.

And the keys to the Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And the keys to the Porsche.
    Here they drive 40 YO beater Chevy trucks. And wear Carrhartts.

Did somebody say, Porsche?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014 Porsche Cayman.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	892.9 KB 
ID:	321738

took mine for its first spin of the spring.

I finally sucked it up and looked at my 401(k) this morning. Down single digits, so not too bad.

Well, the world is kind of upside down right now...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Coronavirus stimulus bill fails in key Senate procedural vote....https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/22/coro...ch-a-deal.html
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

Companies generally report their earnings in summary about 20 days after close of quarter. Quarterly report on Form 10Q required 45 days after close.

Stock price is sorta based on consensus earnings estimates from all the analysts. Absent big shocks like Covid price won’t move much if announced earnings approximate consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Companies generally report their earnings in summary about 20 days after close of quarter. Quarterly report on Form 10Q required 45 days after close.

Stock price is sorta based on consensus earnings estimates from all the analysts. Absent big shocks like Covid price won’t move much if announced earnings approximate consensus.
    Will be interesting to see how the market reacts as the earnings get reported for Q1.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Trump must be talking.

6:00 Eastern - Stock futures open
    6:04 Eastern - Stock futures are limit down

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Did somebody say, Porsche?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014 Porsche Cayman.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	892.9 KB 
ID:	321738

took mine for its first spin of the spring.

I finally sucked it up and looked at my 401(k) this morning. Down single digits, so not too bad.

Well, the world is kind of upside down right now...
    Is that the Piotrowski Edition?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Trump must be talking.

And OMG, is it fucking painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Trump must be talking.

Well, he did start talking at 5:30 EDT...
    Failure of senate to pass anything probably had as much impact.

And agreed Toadman, Q1 “earnings” calls are gonna be real interesting. Consensus estimates are currently “who the fuck knows” in a lot of sectors...

And healthy companies are gonna be charging some rainy day reserves against income this quarter, just ‘cause.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Well, he did start talking at 5:30 EDT...
    Failure of senate to pass anything probably had as much impact.

And agreed Toadman, Q1 “earnings” calls are gonna be real interesting. Consensus estimates are currently “who the fuck knows” in a lot of sectors...

And healthy companies are gonna be charging some rainy day reserves against income this quarter, just ‘cause.
    Decline preceded the procedural vote.

I'm down but I'm still well above my invested amount. Put 20% of my cash in already. Do I throw all my cash in at Dow 15k? Do I throw a 200k heloc in at Dow 12k?

We will see where this takes us.

Funny, I was wondering the same thing.

Take BIG BALLZ.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I’m throwing in a good chunk of cash at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    I'm down but I'm still well above my invested amount. Put 20% of my cash in already. Do I throw all my cash in at Dow 15k? Do I throw a 200k heloc in at Dow 12k?

We will see where this takes us.
    People need to first think about their income needs for the next few yrs. if your income is safe, it seems we will have at least another month of panic, in the best case scenario.

We could see Dow 15k this week.