Page 356 of 729 FirstFirst ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... LastLast
Results 8,876 to 8,900 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    There's a separate thread for the RE market.

And no the stock market isn't GOING to take. It TANKED already.

Keep up Kevo.
    you call this tanking? LO fucking L

Name:  djia.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  34.5 KB

VTI is down 19% from it's high. I think it has a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post

Quoted.

To lazy to look it up, but from the above chart it looks like around 14,000 was the high around 2007/08 and bottomed around 7,000? So close to a 50% hair cut? So ya, if it gets under 20,000 I may actually be a buyer again.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm going out on a limb to say vail and other companies are using the virus as a scapegoat to finally say they are full of shit have been for awhile and that their pie in the sky predictions were bullshit to begin with but the virus makes it ok to say they are leveraged with debt beyond belief

Benny...when is the market oversold. What SP500 number gets you invested?

“Be greedy when people are fearful” - some rich dude
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    To repsond to the thread title- yes, the stock market is going to tank.

Is the real estate market going to tank?
    Fuck I hope so !!
    Living in Vancouver so yeah, selfish renter hoping for a significant drop so us plebs might afford something. ANYTHING !
    But yeah, life is still good.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I'm going out on a limb to say vail and other companies are using the virus as a scapegoat to finally say they are full of shit have been for awhile and that their pie in the sky predictions were bullshit to begin with but the virus makes it ok to say they are leveraged with debt beyond belief
    I'm sort of with you for that one. From what you've told me, the season hasn't been hit too hard in Vail and Breck, and its effectively over in two weeks, then mud season, so, they'll get hit if summer is bad, but that's some way off. Now they look great if they beat expectations, which will be easy if the virus dies soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Benny...when is the market oversold. What SP500 number gets you invested?

“Be greedy when people are fearful” - some rich dude
    It's not the number, it's when the NYC subway is no longer shut down. Or, at least, Italy. You do know that the entire country of Italy is quarantined, as of today, right?

I like this graph. Seriously !
    I sold my entire portfolio today !! Except for the shite Marijuanna ETF that I own. I have made money buying and selling it over the year so not really concerned. Hoping that everyone gets super depressed on the market crash and turns to weed to "Chill out" and it starts to recover.
    I figured that the average 60 % gain in the year I had in all of my sustainable energy stocks was more than reasonable.
    I am now hoping for a dow 20k or even lower for me to do anything else. Until then, I will put my cash into my retirement cabin improvements and go travelling more. But I know nothing really. Hope you all don't end up in the Walmart parking lot in a van conversion with me in the future, You all seem to be good guys/gals !
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Is the stock market going to tank?

i was trying to figure out my number in the tram today. kinda tough cause i don’t stare at the market month to month anymore.

i sold BA at 145 in 2016 after 100% relative gain in a few years and higher in my account. i think i buy stocks again at BA 175.

or AMZN 1200.

My bad. Market just taking a breather before the next leg up to Dow 30k. Carry on and... oh before I forget, buy the dip.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's not the number, it's when the NYC subway is no longer shut down. Or, at least, Italy. You do know that the entire country of Italy is quarantined, as of today, right?
    Yes, and I’m amazed how global markets are still able to operate with Italy and its underemployed (double digit unemployment), welfare-ridden, domestic service- oriented economy on lockdown.
    Decisions Decisions

Ooh, bitchy. You must be an American, and just soooooo exceptional. Yeah, we have our shit together. We got this thing covered. Not like those Eye tallions. Bunch of commie layabouts with their free health care and sick leave. Bums.

Read on another forum:

DJIA on 1/20/09: 7,949.09
    DJIA on 2/28/12: 13,005.12
    Obama Gain: 63.6%

DJIA on 1/20/17: 19,827.25
    DJIA on 3/9/20 at 2:08 pm: 23,810
    Gain: 20.0%

Obama is now 3x better than Trump.”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

SP500 was 15% lower just 14 months ago

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Such crap. When the market is up you’re diversified for the long term. When it’s down you’re waiting for the right time.

And I have more money than you at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I’m in Seattle it’s a super heated market right now. After being level for 2 years. I’m an agent losing on deals for buyers left and right at 7-10% over list, for the appealing property.
    Negotiating an off market deal for myself on a unique mid century rambler built by Paul Kirk. I’m catching it before it hits market next month. It borders my FIL - which is a good thing he’s rad (and gifting house eventually). The 2 lots would make 3 on new development.
    Just don’t like the timing. Mrs Cascade will cry if it doesn’t happen. The place will make life happier, it’s remodeled and dope for the price range. Its a property that will bring mid to upper 8s with 2.4M new construction across the street. Granted those have 2k more sqft
    Man, rad house, happy wife, owning the lot next door someday and having a cool neighbor until then...some things are not all about money.

Condensed long story. I’m in the house I’ll probably own until I die. Missed buying the lot next door awhile ago. Pre-list sort of deal with a developer. Really would have made things cooler for me if I bought it. Don’t worry, things are not bad. But I still want that lot and would spend a bunch for it. Now it’s a pair of townhouses instead of my party barn.

10y rate is up 100% off its low from .34 to .68

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    My bad. Market just taking a breather before the next leg up to Dow 30k. Carry on and... oh before I forget, buy the dip.
    the fuck are you talking about? you’re the the one that said the market had already tanked. I posted a chart of the djia that showed it had only given back a year of bubble gains and had a lot more room to fall. carry on yourself, you smarmy cunt.

I don't own the stock so I don't care but yesterday everything was going down the tubes and Verizon was up. Today, everything is rallying a bit and Verizon is down. It's like a 1-company hedge fund.

"Dead bat bounce"?

I like it.

the fuck are you talking about? you’re the the one that said the market had already tanked. I posted a chart of the djia that showed it had only given back a year of bubble gains and had a lot more room to fall. carry on yourself, you smarmy cunt.
    Dude, chill out. No need to be a dick, unless, you know you can't help it.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch