Page 300 of 729 FirstFirst ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Anyone else aware that China prints money ad infinitum as a statecraft-borne strategy to physically buy enough of the west to hedge against currency devaluation?

In that kind of environment it makes sense to disengage on as many economic fronts as possible.
    I am. Seen it with my own eyes, and felt it in my own wallet. Anyone who does not recognize this is purely ignorant.

I don’t care what I pay for socks at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There's long term, and sorta long term.

A Quirk of the Calendar Is Messing With Stocks https://nyti.ms/2Hb9Rjm

Last weeks low taken out. 2800 was the breakout of the reverse H&S so it may stabilize in a 1% range from here.

China just has their own version of predatory capitalism like the USA. It's not entirely their fault where it is.
    Last edited by 4matic; 05-13-2019 at 08:17 AM.

UBER. lol.. Poster boy for predatory capitalism. The rush for the exits on this one could be monumental. Of course, Benny's boy Bob Lutz, who hates Tesla loves UBER. No surprise there.

Capitalism is a fraud in many ways. If you can’t rationalize fraud you can’t profit.

Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred – from one perception to another. Like magic

If you think I was rationalizing Tesla then it is your own blinded perception. I’ve never said Tesla stock will not fail.

There is truth to that.

Don’t get emotional about stock. We create nothing.

I’m looking at T on this pullback. I like their positioning with content and bandwidth. Trucks are all over my hood running new cable.

Regardless of Tesla future it is a business that has created 30k+ high paying jobs. Uber otoh is getting wealthy exploiting transitional and unskilled workers creating a permanent underclass.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Regardless of Tesla future it is a business that has created 30k+ high paying jobs. Uber otoh is getting wealthy exploiting transitional and unskilled workers creating a permanent underclass.

true but tesla is also being subsidized, they may not even had made it if the us taxpayer wasn't helping them out. uber isn't intentionally paying down the rates of its drivers, whatever they are making is the going rate or uber drivers would switch over to lyft (if they pay more) and you'd have a hard time getting an uber driver.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Frackers wouldn’t have made it without investment and subsidies.

I still stand by my prediction we close the Trump gap before he leaves office.

The guy is a risk taker, buy vol. even if he’s right, it would take a decade for our economy to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    true but tesla is also being subsidized, they may not even had made it if the us taxpayer wasn't helping them out. uber isn't intentionally paying down the rates of its drivers, whatever they are making is the going rate or uber drivers would switch over to lyft (if they pay more) and you'd have a hard time getting an uber driver.
    Why is it that you are so quick to point out Tesla’s subsidies but never a peep about the oil companies, coal companies, combustion car companies, gun industry, etc etc? Gee I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Why is it that you are so quick to point out Tesla’s subsidies but never a peep about the oil companies, coal companies, combustion car companies, gun industry, etc etc? Gee I wonder...
    Because it can’t get you laid.

Because that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I still stand by my prediction we close the Trump gap before he leaves office.

The guy is a risk taker, buy vol. even if he’s right, it would take a decade for our economy to adjust.

A "risk taker"?? What the fuck. He's a fucking carny Barker and failure. Just wait a few years.

I find it odd the market had priced in a successful trade deal with China, wtf are they smoking.

Don’t get emotional about stock. We create nothing.
    I often think about a sticker on one of my Geo prof office, "If it is not grown, it has to be mined."

I’m looking at T on this pullback. I like their positioning with content and bandwidth. Trucks are all over my hood running new cable.
    Yeah I thought the same about T a bit ago and got in at $28.6

Wife picked a few pharma stocks that she thinks have good ideas, big gambles but what the heck, last one she picked did really well.

Not sure how well uber is positioned for autonomous stuff, but whoever figures out drone delivery and self driving taxis will be $$$$.

Uber and Airbnb got subsidies in the form of running illegal businesses until regulators caught up with them. Billions in use taxes never paid. I'm ok with these because they serve consumers well but there is no mistake early investors are getting a gift in the form of unpaid taxes and transferring wealth from previously regulated industries.

Stay away
    https://cnbcmbr-vh.akamaihd.net/i/mp...m3u8?__b__=700

from China:
    “If we discuss, our door is always wide open; if we fight, we’ll fight to the last,” CCTV anchorman Kang Hui said to an audience that was likely in the tens, if not hundreds, of millions. ”The U.S.-initiated trade war with China is just a hurdle in China’s development process. It is no big deal. China must strengthen its confidence, overcome difficulties, turn crisis into opportunity, and fight to create a new world.”
    From USA:
    “Their [sic] is no reason for the U.S. consumer to pay the Tariffs, which take effect on China today,” Trump tweeted. “Also, the Tariffs can be completely avoided if you by [sic] from a non-Tariffed country, or you buy the product inside the USA (the best idea.)”
    It will be interesting if China opts out of the next round of T-note buys.

Everybody sing it with me now:

“What goes up...must come...down...”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

With a backbeat of a bunch of guys chanting. MAGA, MAGA, MAGA.....

Stop it. Jesus.

single company vs. industrys

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I find it odd the market had priced in a successful trade deal with China, wtf are they smoking.

I often think about a sticker on one of my Geo prof office, "If it is not grown, it has to be mined."
    Don't forget 'Strip mining prevents forest fires.'

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post

Wife picked a few pharma stocks that she thinks have good ideas, big gambles but what the heck, last one she picked did really well.
    Totally agreed on 1 and agreed on bio/pharma
    Decisions Decisions