Page 362 of 729 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I believe that guy that came out and accused Chinaof fucking lying, of gaging their doctors. I hope we sanction the entire country and start making our socks again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The US has a gag order on its doctors thanks to this administration. Maybe we should ask Canada to make our socks. Can’t trust this authoritarian inept IS government.

I think from that speech, there is more bad news to come.

It looked like he had a gun to his head.

What next, ban domestic air travel, greyhound, Amtrak?

Limiting domestic travel would do a whole lot more good for curbing spread than banning folks from the E.U. but whatevs. Stocks are crashing. I’m buying in and doing some IRA catch up right now.

I know. Enough of this flying cars and amazon drone delivery horse shit.

Cashed in a S^P put. No love there as I've been losing my ass on out of the money puts these past 3 years.

Bought first hit of CCL at 20 and 18. It's retraced back to the days of Netscape.

Next up on the dumpster dive perhaps SU

Still to early for me to start buying or move the 401k back to stocks. I'm feeling pretty smart moving 70% out of stock in July & Sept 2019. Was about to do another 25% out of stocks(mid cap) Feb 19th after our quarterly meeting, but at that time looked like an idiot being overly conservative.

Not like there are any federal rules to limit domestic travel, will be a big drop after that...plus it is already too late, I think.

Is the stock market going to tank?

Probably more bad news to come. Blue chips are down hardest, liquidity issues, volatility, and potential margin calls could trigger a bottomless mkt.

My cash is waiting to close the trump gap. I’ve been depositing cash monthly into my vanguard account since the election and been terribly wrong since 2016. I will hold out until I can buy there. Hardly a victory, but I seriously have no sympathy for the cheer leaders like my ex wife who manages about 300mm and whose phone is ringing off the hook with complaints. She only started 5 yrs ago! So many unhappy customers.

I’m just hope she doesn’t sue me for more support now.

Trump tweeted that the market will bounce back in a big way..(March 6)..... Yeah ..immediately after he insists on a taxpayer funded bailout of the oil and financial sector... The asswipes that have
    helped him with election money are demanding their payback
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

what were the Dow/S&P at in January 2017? IOW, where do they have to go to wipe out all of the Trump era gains?

I got (mostly) out of the market about 6 months after, IIRC, because I couldn't handle the constant stress of feeling like the house of cards could come crashing down at any minute.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^19000 ish

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    what were the Dow/S&P at in January 2017? IOW, where do they have to go to wipe out all of the Trump era gains?
    S&P: 2250

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I got (mostly) out of the market about 6 months after, IIRC, because I couldn't handle the constant stress of feeling like the house of cards could come crashing down at any minute.
    SP 2100 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    S&P: 2250
    Yes. Another 15- 20% down.

Could go lower, but that’s where my cash goes in.

Next stop would be pre 2008 crash high. 1500 ish I’d sell my mothers jewelry to buy there.

Thoughts of bottomfeeding and buying crude oil bull 3 x leveraged etf presently on hold pending results of potential collapse of pillars supporting the infrastructure of entire economic system.

If this continues for another few weeks/months, discounting the dead bat bounces:

long: stockpiling physical particles of coal in the back yard.
    Master of mediocrity.

Probably more bad news to come. Blue chips are down hardest, liquidity issues, volatility, and potential margin calls could trigger a bottomless mkt.

My cash is waiting to close the trump gap. I’ve been depositing cash monthly into my vanguard account since the election and been terribly wrong since 2016. I will hold out until I can buy there. Hardly a victory, but I seriously have no sympathy for the cheer leaders like my ex wife who manages about 300mm and whose phone is ringing off the hook with complaints. She only started 5 yrs ago! So many unhappy customers.

I’m just hope she doesn’t sue me for more support now.

Smart money bought in 2017 and cashed out 2020. Then buys back in. At least you admit you were wrong since 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I would want to know most right now is if the bad traders (most of Wall Street), and the big arbs are blowing up right now, getting the margin call hook from their broker dealers, and then I’d put a bid in 5-10 below and smile.

Euro markets down 10%.

Level 2 is a possibility.

NYSE circuit breakers:

S&P 500 Index -- 7% (Level 1), 13% (Level 2), and 20% (Level 3) (See NYSE, NYSE American and NYSE Arca Rule 7.12).

Someone needs to go delivery Chinese take out to Pershing and report back with the room temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Still to early for me to start buying or move the 401k back to stocks. I'm feeling pretty smart moving 70% out of stock in July & Sept 2019. Was about to do another 25% out of stocks(mid cap) Feb 19th after our quarterly meeting, but at that time looked like an idiot being overly conservative.

Not like there are any federal rules to limit domestic travel, will be a big drop after that...plus it is already too late, I think.
    Same here. I was pretty long the S&P purely by holding so many dividend yielding stocks so had the market puts as my amateurish portfolio insurance. Then got spooked by how frothy things were so rotated a third into TIPS. Would be nice to have more cash but reality is I would never have gone all - in.

It doesn't seem like mass panic yet. I mean it doesn't smell like 2008 run to the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Same here. I was pretty long the S&P purely by holding so many dividend yielding stocks so had the market puts as my amateurish portfolio insurance. Then got spooked by how frothy things were so rotated a third into TIPS. Would be nice to have more cash but reality is I would never have gone all - in.

It doesn't seem like mass panic yet. I mean it doesn't smell like 2008 run to the hills.
    So you still have toilet paper on the shelves up there?

I’m thinking of selling some fat puts on the next bad news announcement, maybe domestic travel limitations. I’m willing to buy down there anyway.

Whoa, whoa, calm down and buy. Trump just said the markets are coming back in a big way. Big way.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Level 2 is a possibility.
    I thought it already happened, but it was just my platform freezing - probably due to being overwhelmed.

Ok, I put half my vanguard cash into VTI. Edit 126.81

I’m now onboard with Benny to make America great again

Last edited by Cono Este; 03-12-2020 at 11:03 AM.

My understanding is circuit breaker levels 1 and 2 can not be triggered after 3:25 PM. Can level 3? I.e., is each trading day capped at a 20% decline?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    The US has a gag order on its doctors thanks to this administration. Maybe we should ask Canada to make our socks. Can’t trust this authoritarian inept IS government.
    been plenty of usa sock makers, i know you are just using that term as a placeholder for fill in the blank...but we better start making our own water heaters, furnaces, shoes, underwear, scientific and medical equipment, etc.....socks are covered....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

coming back a bit..