Page 412 of 729 FirstFirst ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 18218
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...of2&yptr=yahoo

Citi’s global health-care, strategy and economics teams say governments and health-care providers will be able to supply 60% of U.S. individuals of working age with antibody tests by the end of April, and 95% by the end of May.

Individuals with elevated antibody levels will then be able to return to the workforce with minimal risk of reinfection or transmission, they say. How many? Such tests could enable between 20,000 and 400,000 of sidelined U.S. workers with previous exposure to COVID-19 to cease lockdown and immediately and safely return to work. Soon after, 90 million workers, representing 60% of the U.S. workforce, could return.

“While potential therapeutic strategies for COVID-19 seize headlines, we believe diagnostics rather than therapeutics are far better positioned to materially change the economic and even medical outlook for the current COVID-19 pandemic,” say the analysts.
    Yeah, but, would you go to a restaurant or get on a plane or stay in a hotel or go to a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, would you go to a restaurant or get on a plane or stay in a hotel or go to a game?
    Positive antibody test means you've already had it and are now immune, so there's no reason not to do any of that.

Good point on corporate debt. The revolving credit lines are going to go poof like HELOC's in 2009. Surprised banks don't pull them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Positive antibody test means you've already had it and are now immune, so there's no reason not to do any of that.
    I think you treat it like buying the newest tech bindings. If you can work it, you're better off getting it after the early adopters are finished and there's more room at the hospital.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

When 4% swings don't do it anymore.

You don't get it. Nobody else will.

You don't get it. Nobody else will.
    I am definitely confused about what your point is.

I am definitely confused about what your point is.
    The confident immune survivors will be few. The rest of humanity is going to be fearful for a year or more. Vaccine is still a way off. We are not going back to the old economy for a long time. No restaraunts and bars, no stadium events, no crowding into offices, no classrooms.

Will people who have recovered and have the COVID-19 antibodies have to wear a giant "I" or maybe a COVID-19 crossed out in red on their forehead to indicate they have the antibodies and are good to go. Maybe just a big Superman S on their chests?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I’m ok with medical bracelets or like the “I voted” or gave blood stickers

Besides, we really dont know for sure if getting infected makes one immune to a second bout.

The confident immune survivors will be few. The rest of humanity is going to be fearful for a year or more. Vaccine is still a way off. We are not going back to the old economy for a long time. No restaraunts and bars, no stadium events, no crowding into offices, no classrooms.
    I disagree only because people's appetites for those things outweighs their fear (sure some people will remain scared - just like some people now are totally discounting the idea of following any measures). If antibody testing is available and widespread people who show antibodies are, in my opinion, gonna return to regular behavior. Is it gonna go back to 2019? No. But it's not gonna be empty restaurants and stadiums either.

The idea that people could still get covid a second time is likely a risk they are willing to take (and medically a second bout of covid "should" be less dangerous as the immune system is already somewhat prepared - this is just a guess though- no one knows at this point)

Besides, we really dont know for sure if getting infected makes one immune to a second bout.
    Uh, well, we will know within a few weeks after a significant number of people take the antibody test.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I disagree only because people's appetites for those things outweighs their fear (sure some people will remain scared - just like some people now are totally discounting the idea of following any measures). If antibody testing is available and widespread people who show antibodies are, in my opinion, gonna return to regular behavior. Is it gonna go back to 2019? No. But it's not gonna be empty restaurants and stadiums either.

The idea that people could still get covid a second time is likely a risk they are willing to take (and medically a second bout of covid "should" be less dangerous as the immune system is already somewhat prepared - this is just a guess though- no one knows at this point)
    Dude, they just cancelled the Olympics, run by the most corrupt international sports sanctioning body on Earth, and now the NFL is getting nervous. I mean, would you pile into Ohio State stadium with a hundred thousand others in September, not one vaccinated, including yourself?

Edit: a little side note. The U.S. Olympic committee lobbied for 200 million of that bailout money. Sleazy motherfuckers. Like the athletes were going to see a penny.

Now is when it gets dangerous. Slow steady selling during the day that accelerates late.

Dude, they just cancelled the Olympics, run by the most corrupt international sports sanctioning body on Earth, and now the NFL is getting nervous. I mean, would you pile into Ohio State stadium with a hundred thousand others in September, not one vaccinated, including yourself?

Edit: a little side note. The U.S. Olympic committee lobbied for 200 million of that bailout money. Sleazy motherfuckers. Like the athletes were going to see a penny.
    no I wouldn't pack into a giant stadium - but your stadium example does not equate to people who have had covid / have shown antibodies not going out to a restaurant - and you said "for a year or more". I'm not justifying people's behavior - you and I are just trying to predict it.

Don't get your back up so much just because someone disagreed with you and don't exaggerate your points to come to your own defense. And don't use the decisions of the IOC as evidence of how general society will respond. Or go ahead and do it - I don't care that much about your predictions.

Is the stock market going to tank?

PTON up 10% today. 50% in ten days. How bad can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    no I wouldn't pack into a giant stadium - but your stadium example does not equate to people who have had covid / have shown antibodies not going out to a restaurant - and you said "for a year or more". I'm not justifying people's behavior - you and I are just trying to predict it.

Don't get your back up so much just because someone disagreed with you and don't exaggerate your points to come to your own defense. And don't use the decisions of the IOC as evidence of how general society will respond. Or go ahead and do it - I don't care that much about your predictions.
    Well, they aren't mine, they're the predictions I've heard from the scientists. This isn't going away soon.

For the over 70 or pre-existing condition cloud sure.

Everyone else will be back at the table as soon as deaths start declining.

Forehead bashing my desk again.

Listen, the next stage is civil unrest. Forget about football. Hungry people with guns.

Forehead bashing my desk again.

i'm not, been short for a while.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Listen, the next stage is civil unrest. Forget about football. Hungry people with guns.

that's my fear.

this isnt' 9-11-2001 or the great recession, it's possible countries will default from this given some debtloads of their govts, when things went south in germany before hitler, there were were stories of neighbors who went out and shot neighbors in the head just because they never liked them and they knew the country was such a mess that nothing would happen to them.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Benny gets it.

Also, as a serious question, do you genuinely want things to go back to the way they were? If so, why?

I don't want to see the complete downfall of society, but this strikes me as an opportunity to create a different and better future, instead of trying to return to a "normal" that was sick and depraved and deeply flawed.

I want skiing and travel to Europe back. I'm selfish.