Page 578 of 729 FirstFirst ... 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... LastLast
Results 14,426 to 14,450 of 18218
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

Lawless, thanks for the tip. I’d been wondering about how the selling worked, I have several positions that are a mixture of long and short. I haven’t sold any position that I didn’t buy all at once nor sell all at once. If I’m assigned on a covered call will TDameritrade prompt me to choose which shares are sold?
    If you go to your profile, it will have a category called tax lot ID methods and will list equities, qualified funds, and options. FIFO is default, but you can change it to highest cost or some other options as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

UGG. Looking at all the red in my portfolio today. Thankfully I have one entry that is journaled from one stock currency to the other stock currency symbol. The way it is recorded makes that one entry have a 66,159,800.00% gain. So in the sea of red, my portfolio is actually ahead by a huuuge margin due to this accounting anomaly. Whatever it takes to make me not panic
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

NASDAQ: CRSR They were trying to make it a meme stonk. I commented before but there is one thing I didn't think of. Timing. With in-class school returning and the current crop of gamers well-endowed with COVID-era equipment, there just won't be a lot of need for more gaming equipment. The recovery won't benefit computer peripherals like the work-home and school-home transition did. Maybe the fundamentals are there long term but the current prices of similar stocks could be inflated. Just a guess and talking out loud. I'd be surprised if the price wasn't a lot lower next year at this time.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Realization this week was that I have accumulated far too many positions in my YOLO/Play account. Either from being assigned or chasing I now have 16 positions to keep track of. Most are tied up in 7/16 CC at the moment and will be letting most fly away for decent gains.

Sold 20X ATOS 7/16 $5.5P on top of my 20x 7/16 $4P, holding 5k shares with a CB of $1.78, would like to see it fly and get out around $10 range. Looking for catalyst from any of the drugs moving forward, or Russell 3000 inclusion pumping, or a good old APE attack.

Took a small stake (2.5K Shares) in TRCH to see how this thing plays out and am very interested in the mechanics. Dividend next week in the form of Preferred shares as a placeholder for proceeds from assets sold. Ticker change next week and potential for SQUEEEEZE. CB around $4.5.

Did you gobble up more XOM Lee??? Bob??

Will be interesting to see where Crypto goes this weekend and to see if the sell off across major indices continues into Monday.

and a good read for the weekend...

https://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/hard/

Covert I did get more XOM and happy to do so.

I inversed you on TRCH by shorting July 10 calls. Rather do that then be short and liable for the preferred. I may go long MMTF to complete the other leg of the arb.

Expiration declines have been a one or two day event recently. No reason to think it’s anything else. The gap to 4000 is on the table but it’s still only 5% from the recent high. The dollar is making a move higher and we all know that currency always leads. Last years bull market for example..

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Covert I did get more XOM and happy to do so.

I inversed you on TRCH by shorting July 10 calls. Rather do that then be short and liable for the preferred. I may go long MMTF to complete the other leg of the arb.
    So you're telling me i'm fucked

Really weird, all of the online finance sites (Yahoo, BBerg, MW) weren't showing an option chain for TRCH, so I didn't even look through my BD. Low and behold there were monthlies all along I could've been selling to hedge. Didn't realize until after hours today.

How will that work with your short calls? Switch to MMATF next week? Seems odd since they are trading at different prices. I forget the ratio of MMATF shares after the merger, .75 MMATF to 1 TRCH? Pretty sure my TRCH converts 1:1 to MMAT. Reverse SPAC stuff or something. Do you want to be Long MMATF? My cursory look into them seems like they could have decent rev. based on cutting edge tech. in many sectors along with the potential for buyout.

TRCH is a serial offender dilution machine. They just did a 100mn ATM offering and I'd be surprised if they haven't closed and sold already.

So I want to be short TRCH but not be liable till mid July. I'm betting TRCH will tank before then but started the short calls small with a 5% allocation. Chart tells me it has small possibility of hitting 10 - 12 which will be my chance to get a complete position.

MMATF is doing a reverse takeover. They're taking the TRCH listing via the merger. Proxy says newco will be constituted by 3.6 TRCH shares exchanged for 1 MMATF share. Given the previous share counts (105m/146m) the newco will have approx 545mn shares. Then the newco will reverse split.

TRCHs bad habits, the reverse split and my ability to go long some MMATF means I'm happy to be short TRCH. But not right now

I was going to buy some XOM after hours and got sidetracked and missed it. I’ve got $1640 in my account from selling the three covered calls, usually I leave it alone to give me the option to buy back my calls. Monday morning going to watch pre-market and get a feel, if it goes down further or stays around $60 I’m going to force myself to let the calls ride and pick up 27 more shares of XOM.

The plan is to be assigned on my CLB and BBBY, take the cash from those and put it into either XOM, EPD, or MMP. Putting it in XOM boosts my monthly dividend payout overall from $207 to $250, gives me a bit under 6 shares a quarter with dividend reinvestment.

GE reverse split 8 for 1 announced today, not making me feel all fuzzy. Debating grabbing my 27% gain and running or staying the course. I’ve liked all the news on them lately and think Culp is making right moves. I’ll probably keep holding.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

The plan is to be assigned on my CLB g.
    You bought CLB!!??!! Fucking stud. Love that company. Goldman sell side guy used to call it the only true Investment in energy. Everything else was a trade, short or medium term
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Removing liquidity. Posted a snippet about that a few pages back. No one commented. Glad your here at the party.
    Nothing will implode. Just shows that the fed recognizes that a well functioning finance economy doesn't need oodles of extra cash floating around. Could signal higher interest rates if (1) banks need to borrow and (2) the fed increases rates. But #1 banks might not have those borrowing needs and #2 they can also borrow from other banks. Without further analysis it is just *notable*. No one expected the fed to get it PERFECT when they did QE for COVID. Everything required ongoing adjustments. Just a hunch from an idiot. Uneducated guess. Waiting for the experts to chime in.
    Yeah I agree w most. Not sure about signaling higher rates on its own though. Too much money in the system for not enough quality places to put it. This places a floor on short term repo as repo rates were close to negative (too much cash chasing).

The stimulus bill is either too big, too broad/not directed or specific enough…or both. But whatever there’s tools they can use short term to keep things humming.

30 years from now the issuance causing the liquidity causing the changes in repo…will have to be paid for. Biggest ponzi evar.
    Decisions Decisions

TRCH is a serial offender dilution machine. They just did a 100mn ATM offering and I'd be surprised if they haven't closed and sold already.

So I want to be short TRCH but not be liable till mid July. I'm betting TRCH will tank before then but started the short calls small with a 5% allocation. Chart tells me it has small possibility of hitting 10 - 12 which will be my chance to get a complete position.

MMATF is doing a reverse takeover. They're taking the TRCH listing via the merger. Proxy says newco will be constituted by 3.6 TRCH shares exchanged for 1 MMATF share. Given the previous share counts (105m/146m) the newco will have approx 545mn shares. Then the newco will reverse split.

TRCHs bad habits, the reverse split and my ability to go long some MMATF means I'm happy to be short TRCH. But not right now
    Pardon my ignorance, but doesn’t TRCH go away before July? And only have Preferred shares as a place holder for divy from asset sales?

Classic throw money at it and then try and figure it out . Way more complicated than I originally understood.

Closed at $6.69 AH, nice… if it pumps to $10 on Monday or Tuesday, I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're correct. For every 3.6 TRCH shares one is short one would then be short 1 MMATF. Closing would be end of June. Which is why there is an arb.

But I don't think I even need to arb. I think TRCH is just overbought

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    You bought CLB!!??!! Fucking stud. Love that company. Goldman sell side guy used to call it the only true Investment in energy. Everything else was a trade, short or medium term
    Yeah, you’ve commented about it before. I bought it as a play on the recovery of oil without the drag of assets. I’ve tired of it as a vehicle driving equity, I want my money into something yielding lately. It was downgraded and price target reduced the other day.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it still has room to run. I’m just into different things lately.

You're correct. For every 3.6 TRCH shares one is short one would then be short 1 MMATF. Closing would be end of June. Which is why there is an arb.

But I don't think I even need to arb. I think TRCH is just overbought
    Gotcha, so your nudie July calls for TRCH assuming a sell off to close position prior to merger.

I will see what happens Monday, but may hedge my shares with July puts and sell off the majority on any meaningful jump. Very intrigued to see what the special divvy will actually be, may keep a handful of shares to stay involved.

Any thoughts on ATOS? I’ve somehow found myself deep in BioTech and I don’t like it! Similar to roulette and so far all of my positions haven’t hit yet. I see it as a valuable sector in the mid/near term, but so much trash to wade through. That’s why it’s strictly kept in the funny money account.

Yeah I agree w most. Not sure about signaling higher rates on its own though. Too much money in the system for not enough quality places to put it. This places a floor on short term repo as repo rates were close to negative (too much cash chasing).

The stimulus bill is either too big, too broad/not directed or specific enough…or both. But whatever there’s tools they can use short term to keep things humming.

30 years from now the issuance causing the liquidity causing the changes in repo…will have to be paid for. Biggest ponzi evar.
    I hear you. I'm trying to get educated on economics and I'm surprised that there is a strong rationale for low interest fed rates and liquidity. It might not be the issue some think it is. Banks borrow from the fed and each other, only enough to cover existing loans to trusted customers, which in turn become a cycle of investment in the economy, which returns in large part as ongoing taxes (plus paid off debt = moneys paid back to the fed).

The net effect of all this money is revenue for the government. Counterintuitive but very smart. It is like buying someone a cow and then charging them 10% tax every time they milk it. They get the milk and you get your tax and in due course you also get back the price of the cow! And they feed and take care of the cow! Win-Win!!

OTOH It is good that they are removing liquidity too. A fine balance this machine needs. The fact they do this means that they are functioning as managers. A nation well managed is a prosperous nation. The result of free money, issued to trusted borrowers, is free economic growth and increased taxes and repayments to the government. Which creates generational wealth. Like your parents paying for you to go to college. Although I mostly paid my college with savings from my first job and working as a student. And a government student loan too.

Can you give us the cliffs notes or do you want us to watch the hour and a half interview?

1980s were worse in terms of corporate fraud. 70s and 2000s too.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    I hear you. I'm trying to get educated on economics and I'm surprised that there is a strong rationale for low interest fed rates and liquidity. It might not be the issue some think it is. Banks borrow from the fed and each other, only enough to cover existing loans to trusted customers, which in turn become a cycle of investment in the economy, which returns in large part as ongoing taxes (plus paid off debt = moneys paid back to the fed).

The net effect of all this money is revenue for the government. Counterintuitive but very smart. It is like buying someone a cow and then charging them 10% tax every time they milk it. They get the milk and you get your tax and in due course you also get back the price of the cow! And they feed and take care of the cow! Win-Win!!

OTOH It is good that they are removing liquidity too. A fine balance this machine needs. The fact they do this means that they are functioning as managers. A nation well managed is a prosperous nation. The result of free money, issued to trusted borrowers, is free economic growth and increased taxes and repayments to the government. Which creates generational wealth. Like your parents paying for you to go to college. Although I mostly paid my college with savings from my first job and working as a student. And a government student loan too.
    For the reverse repo…(RRP) look into the mechanics and plumbing of that. I think the economics isnt that weird but the plumbing of reverse repo itself isn’t intuitive

Rationale for low rates and liquidity is that at the individual business level, it encourages growth- and this is expressed in hiring. With inflation so low (I DO believe current inflation is transitory/due to a low base/etc) it’s ok to pave liquidity and low rates. It’s easier to tamp Perisitent (key word there) inflation in a number of ways. But at this point we are STILL closer to 2000s Japan (and 2010s Japan) than some humming economic engine.
    Decisions Decisions

Can you give us the cliffs notes or do you want us to watch the hour and a half interview?

1980s were worse in terms of corporate fraud. 70s and 2000s too.
    Nope, you gotta listen. It's a look into the minds of two shorts. I can tell you, do not go anywhere near commercial REITs, and, as always, UBER is a pathetic joke.

I’ll pass
    Decisions Decisions

how dare you question a clickbait Youtube video title!

Buy CRMDGN now!

Added TRCH short July 10C. Volatility was through the roof in the morning at 450%. Got 4.50adds.

Bought another tranche of ETH via ETHH.U etf

Is the stock market going to tank?

Added TRCH short July 10C. Volatility was through the roof in the morning at 450%. Got 4.50adds.

Bought another tranche of ETH via ETHH.U etf
    Held through the pump to almost $11. Looking to offload if it hits $10 range again. Looked at selling calls on a chunk, but unsure of how that would play out with ex div tomorrow.

VOlatility was bananas. Woke up and saw it trending and knew today would be a shitshow.

ETA…good luck, I hope we both win!

ETA #2...Had a limit sell @ $12 during the day, had too much to do to keep an eye on it. Hung on during AH. Hanging on for $15-$20 tomorrow. HODL! The APE army may be jumping in to take the bags by EOW.
    Last edited by CovertM; 06-21-2021 at 04:21 PM.