Page 484 of 729 FirstFirst ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 18218
    Gold still climbing. Silver climbing about 3x as fast.

I've got a lot in SGOL. I also have a lot of cash that I expect to rapidly devalue. Contemplating picking up some SIVR or maybe buying a second home as a further inflation hedge. Short and Long term I fully expect inflationary pressures to increase home prices. Mid term (1-3ish years) is so hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    <snip> But not as expensive as ultra serum cosmetic wrinkle face creams ...
    http://thewavs.tripod.com/mont/wrinkle.wav

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm not forcing you to read what I write, nor am here to entertain you.

Thanks for stopping by, fuckface.

I grew up in a suburban area and loathed every second of it. I currently work a (formerly) small town that is rapidly becoming a suburb thanks to rapacious, avarice driven developers, and I find it utterly appalling ethically. Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of cancer. They represent all of things about American life I want nothing to do with: marriage, a nuclear family, unbridled consumerism, church, kids sports, keeping up with the neighbors, the constant, galling pursuit of material wealth and one-upsmanship, etc.
    I, too, remember my first beer.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Hopefully it wasn't one of those overhopped craft brewed IPA's?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Hopefully it wasn't one of those overhopped craft brewed IPA's?
    I’m sure was a highly sessionable hoppy IPA in the back of an Audi manual all road wagon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I beleive it was a miller in the woods by the skatepark.
    "Can't you see..."

The shit is pretty damn expensive in the retail market in Washington. I pay the same per ounce today (for comparable quality) that I did in NYC and Ann Arbor on the black market 10+ years ago.

I suppose that's what you get for banning personal cultivation.
    Yeah, but, it's legal and really really good.

I don't remember my first beer, but I do remember my first beer at a brewery. It was Dinkelacker in Stuttgart, West Germany. (Yes, there used to be two Germany's) Damn, that was some fine azz beer! The brew meister grabbed a few bottles off the bottling line and stuffed them in my backpack. Interestingly, the major brew houses in Germany all have their horse drawn beer wagons for all the festivals, and the horses get a ration of beer every day. Wonder if the Budweiser Clydesdale's get some beer too?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Slv is insane.
    Even AU has rallied after years of silence

Maybe it’s the three or four trillion bailout

Www.Brrr.money
    Alright, put up or shut up. Since you like to complain about brrr money, how would you keep a few million people from starving in the street? History is full of violent revolutions by the hungry. I'm not saying printing money is the answer by any stretch, but I am pretty fucking tired of what you probably think is a catchy meme. What you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    I'm 31 and the thought of having any of that shit in my life makes my skin crawl, thanks. To each their own till we go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    True, but it doesn't come with a scratch off lottery ticket in every eighth like the stuff I used to get in NYC did.

True, but it doesn't come with a scratch off lottery ticket in every eighth like the stuff I used to get in NYC did.
    That wasn't a scratch off lottery ticket, it was LSD.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I hear there's too much product in the market. But, with people staying at home and not going into the office, maybe the WFH types are blazing up the doobies on a daily basis? But how does a morning toke go with a cup of joe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You'd have to be high to buy that etf.
    I prefer 5 mg of an edible and a double shot espresso.

But, anyway, it's a weed. What did people expect? It grows fast, inside. They'll have to make it illegal again to keep prices up.
    The thing with Canadian MJ companies is that there are too many of them, and their licensing/fees skim away much of the profit to the government. IMHO the story of 2020/21 will be many of them will file for CCAA (Canadian version of chapter 11).
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Same thing happening in Cali. A lot of the product moving East, where the prices are 3x what it goes for in pot legal states. Go figure.
    The shit is pretty damn expensive in the retail market in Washington. I pay the same per ounce today (for comparable quality) that I did in NYC and Ann Arbor on the black market 10+ years ago.

I suppose that's what you get for banning personal cultivation.
    When Washington legalized, retail stores popped up on every corner in this town. Snoop Dogg even showed up for a store opening. A year later, a third-to-half of them were closed, and covid has killed even more.

Regardless of what you're selling, a lack of business acumen, competence, and flexibility will do you in.

OK. So far HMMJ is fail. Let this dry out a bit and see if the analysts chime in. Take it the price hasn't bottomed out yet and the future doesn't look as good as the future in Beer.

Forget the MMJ stocks - once the WSBtypes get sick of TSLA they'll flock to something more stable. Theyve already been willing to run to GBTC as a "safehaven" instead of gold, and that's costing them 2% a year.

Long BTC

Covered some MARA as it's down on filing a dilutive atm $100m shelf.

Covered MVIS, Revenues down by half. Looking to dilute by authorizing 60M more shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Gold still climbing. Silver climbing about 3x as fast.

I've got a lot in SGOL. I also have a lot of cash that I expect to rapidly devalue. Contemplating picking up some SIVR or maybe buying a second home as a further inflation hedge. Short and Long term I fully expect inflationary pressures to increase home prices. Mid term (1-3ish years) is so hard to read.
    Curious as to where you’d be looking for a second home as an inflation hedge.

Adding that asset class could almost be viewed as creating a modified all weather portfolio.

Went a little deeper into the energy sector today, picked up some CLB. It was trading over $100 in late 2018 before oil prices tanked. Got it for just over $23. Everything I’ve read says they’re in better shape to weather this than actual drillers/producers. Been adding to my XOM position with all the spare cash I come across. Started out with 4 shares, now have 38. They announced they’re cutting 401k matches in order to preserve the dividend. As much as I’m having trouble with this kind of shenanigans to the workers, yeah, give me my dividend. Bought in on MRO a while ago. I’m banking on a pent up demand to move around when this is over.

Bought SABR and AIR a bit ago, SABR has been a dog, but AIR is starting to perk up. Just like with energy I think travel shit will blow up when this is over or we learn how to deal with it. (AIR is in good shape as they perform aircraft maintenance for not only commercial airlines but defense platforms as well, if Trump starts a war I’m covered, .)

I still want to kick in the nuts whoever suggested VISL earlier in the thread. 6-1 stock split and a revaluation of $7 which immediately fell to $2.50. Ouch. At this point I’m letting it ride, probably down. (Just kidding, I should’ve done my due dilligence.)

The problem I have with US energy stocks is twofold. First, OPEC can decide at any point to flood the market to keep prices at a level where fracking is unprofitable. Sure it hurts them a bit in the short term, but if they can destroy the US fracking industry it could be worth it to them.

Second, Biden has pretty much said he intends to destroy the oil industry with his support of the green new deal. Maybe it is just election talk, but I think you have to consider the possibility that he might be serious about it.

I bought some oil and energy stock back when it was dirt cheap in April, but have sold off most of it due to those concerns. Still have a small amount of USL.

It isn't possible to destroy the old industry. At least not yet.

I agree about American fracking.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    The problem I have with US energy stocks is twofold. First, OPEC can decide at any point to flood the market to keep prices at a level where fracking is unprofitable. Sure it hurts them a bit in the short term, but if they can destroy the US fracking industry it could be worth it to them.

Second, Biden has pretty much said he intends to destroy the oil industry with his support of the green new deal. Maybe it is just election talk, but I think you have to consider the possibility that he might be serious about it.

I bought some oil and energy stock back when it was dirt cheap in April, but have sold off most of it due to those concerns. Still have a small amount of USL.
    It's election talk.

I agree about American fracking.
    Still long XOM on dividend and covered calls strategy as one of the last holdouts of the old economy.

Sad news that Robinhood is restricting access to APIs so sayonara robintrack.net amusement

KODK loan now to be "re-examined" per the Government department that initially announced the deal. Borrow rate for stock has dropped from 70% + to mid 20s with lots now available since the convertible debt converted and sold.

me too

Because the old industry is imploding. Why? Because it’s been a capital in incineration machine for the past decade that heavily enriched insiders (yeah your South African hunting guide needs to be an h1b on staff ) tossed off some overpaid blue collar jobs, but didn’t return the capital on the whole. I don’t see how Biden’s gonna destroy what Trump already torched.

curious what else the USIDFC is funding.

Heh... I just noticed that oil got autocompleted to old. Still works though.

It's election talk.
    Yeah, I’m hoping he’ll come to his senses once he is in office, but I do have to pay attention to what he’s said.

He’s talked about banning any new oil drilling on federal lands, ending oil subsidies, suing oil companies for damage they’ve done to the environment, and actually jailing oil executives.

Here is a sample. More can be easily found by searching.