Page 592 of 729 FirstFirst ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,800 of 18214
    Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    But what does it mean?
    It means that no one can get anything off the cargo ships. No one.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...on-cargo-ships
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Seems like they could just float them in from the boats.

Speaking of which, I just got a big order from China, 3 months late, double or more for shipping, and it was moderately damaged.

I was also reading that the big bottleneck was the crane operators who make $250k a year and are the big bullies of the docks. If anyone complains, the crane guys call the cops and get them kicked out. They literally have the whole economy by the balls right now and their union is just loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Seems like they could just float them in from the boats.

Speaking of which, I just got a big order from China, 3 months late, double or more for shipping, and it was moderately damaged.

I was also reading that the big bottleneck was the crane operators who make $250k a year and are the big bullies of the docks. If anyone complains, the crane guys call the cops and get them kicked out. They literally have the whole economy by the balls right now and their union is just loving it.
    Haha. Crane operators are the biggest prima donna's on the ports. This will blow your mind, but they make way more than $250k/year. They work 4 hour shifts and get paid 8. Then they switch terminals and work another 4 hour shift.

The terminal mgrs. buy them rounds of golf, nice lunches, sporting event tix. Whatever they have to to try and keep them happy. Bunch of spoiled brats. They are bunch of petty fucks. But a good crane operator who is happy will do over 35 picks on hour and that is what the terminal mgrs are looking for. It's not just the crane operators though. The RTG (rubber tire gantry) crane ops folks, who pick from the container piles are the ones that the truckers are bitching about. They are the operators who load the containers on to the chassis. Still, they make about that $250k/year salary.

I feel for the port truckers. Those guys get screwed 4 ways to Sunday. Paid by the move, so they need to make 4-5 turns/day to make ends meet. I imagine they get 2/day these days. If they can work 2nd or 3rd shifts, they might get 5-6 moves in a shift. But all those shifts are manned by B casuals who are a bit clueless and not very productive.

Next year in July the ILWU contract expires. They want some of that $100 billion in profits the steamship lines are making this year. It will be interesting to see how things go. Nothing like a ILWU worker slow down to get their point across to mgmt.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    But what does it mean?
    Floats are sold out....IE shares are sold out. By most educated guesses at least 6 times over.

Well this is 45 pages of nothingness and no action.

https://www.sec.gov/files/staff-repo...early-2021.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I feel for the port truckers. Those guys get screwed 4 ways to Sunday. Paid by the move, so they need to make 4-5 turns/day to make ends meet. I imagine they get 2/day these days. If they can work 2nd or 3rd shifts, they might get 5-6 moves in a shift. But all those shifts are manned by B casuals who are a bit clueless and not very productive.
    like this?
    https://www.usatoday.com/pages/inter...-with-nothing/
    Most days, the trucker would drive more than 16 hours straight hauling LG dishwashers and Kumho tires to warehouses around Los Angeles, on their way to retail stores nationwide.He rarely went home to his family. At night, he crawled into the back of his cab and slept in the company parking lot.
    For all of that, he took home as little as 67 cents a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Well this is 45 pages of nothingness and no action.

https://www.sec.gov/files/staff-repo...early-2021.pdf
    It at least confirms the shorts have not covered. Just buy and hold. Never sell.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    HFS, even my cynical ass is surprised this article didn't get more play when it came out in 2017. First I'm hearing of this...

10y making a 5 month high tonight. 1.67. Chart looks higher.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    It at least confirms the shorts have not covered. Just buy and hold. Never sell.
    Yep.

I kinda of take as we are not going to help the Apes, but we are not going to help the SHF either.

I still think GG is on retails side but is legally doing what he can do .

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    10y making a 5 month high tonight. 1.67. Chart looks higher.
    Sucks for me ratelocking a 10 yr fannie execution.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Ok, yeah, I'm holding my GME, no problem. I bought BABA yesterday.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Yep.

I kinda of take as we are not going to help the Apes, but we are not going to help the SHF either.

I still think GG is on retails side but is legally doing what he can do .
    No way, I don't believe it for a second. They're all in on it, they're all bought and paid for. SHF and all the big players aren't about to start letting something so silly as the government push them around. They didn't do shit in 2008, they didn't do shit for Enron, and they sure as shit aren't going to do anything now. Too much money and their own asses at stake.

What's different this time is a somewhat organized effort with a semi-clear hivemind goal. Will it be enough to push this fiasco past the tipping point? We'll see, but it's sure a fun ride.

62x EBITA for proposed acquisition of Pinterest by PayPal. Thoughts? Dotcom bubble 2.0?

It's a Super App eCommerce strategy like Tencent's WeChat with PayPal combining social media, mobile payments, and crypto. Pinterest is as addictive as Instagram or Snap for older millennials with disposable income. PayPal will argue it's web 3.0 not bubble 2.0 but the generous bid-ask spread and the fact most integrations fail makes the plan risky.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/21/trum...box=1634832505

Trump Spac!!!! IB had borrows. I used them at 72! May regret this

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/21/trum...box=1634832505

Trump Spac!!!! IB had borrows. I used them at 72! May regret this
    RIP! I hope you got out ok. Used them at $72 yesterday? (ETA: AH last night, got it) I watched PM yesterday and thought rug pull was coming at open when it was $14-$15, oh so wrong. Some folks on the Discord played it very very well. Like 9 figures well.

Come to the DISCORD! Great folks and great conversation, need you. (I promise it's not a cult)

How the fuck do some people sleep at night?

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    RIP! I hope you got out ok. Used them at $72 yesterday? (ETA: AH last night, got it) I watched PM yesterday and thought rug pull was coming at open when it was $14-$15, oh so wrong. Some folks on the Discord played it very very well. Like 9 figures well.

Come to the DISCORD! Great folks and great conversation, need you. (I promise it's not a cult)
    I'll check it out. I got one more tranche off at 120 premarket so avg is 98s. I was thinking the arb of long warrants short stock but I don't like the timing, the lack of borrows etc.

I'm still in though. 30 shares for amusement.

I'll check it out. I got one more tranche off at 120 premarket so avg is 98s. I was thinking the arb of long warrants short stock but I don't like the timing, the lack of borrows etc.

I'm still in though. 30 shares for amusement.
    Ha, I love it! Bold move.

Was trying to wrap my head around the arb opportunity with warrants right when it started blasting off. Couldn’t make it worth the risk, obviously missed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How the fuck do some people sleep at night?

Ha, I love it! Bold move.

Was trying to wrap my head around the arb opportunity with warrants right when it started blasting off. Couldn’t make it worth the risk, obviously missed out.
    FUndamentals don't really matter with the memes but when DWAC releases more info and shows the dilution it will be ugly. Like SPRT style ugly

PHUN is another rocketship but I don't really want more cult shorts

FUndamentals don't really matter with the memes but when DWAC releases more info and shows the dilution it will be ugly. Like SPRT style ugly

PHUN is another rocketship but I don't really want more cult shorts
    I have been on a self imposed shitco pump timeout. Haven’t gotten hosed, but don’t like the mayhem and managing that has to happen. Been trying to be more sophisticated

Played SPRT well, but far too conservative. Was playing lottos and closing at EOD or when they hit 200%. Had a boatload of ITM calls that I closed at EOD the night before moonshot to $50. Would’ve been a very healthy payday if I held on.

RIOT is still main sweety, got assigned another large chunk last Friday @ $30 and sold $35 and $40 on mon/tues. closed a good amount today for 60%. My YTD income from RIOT is laughable, it works until it doesn’t, right?

I have been on a self imposed shitco pump timeout. Haven’t gotten hosed, but don’t like the mayhem and managing that has to happen. Been trying to be more sophisticated

Played SPRT well, but far too conservative. Was playing lottos and closing at EOD or when they hit 200%. Had a boatload of ITM calls that I closed at EOD the night before moonshot to $50. Would’ve been a very healthy payday if I held on.

RIOT is still main sweety, got assigned another large chunk last Friday @ $30 and sold $35 and $40 on mon/tues. closed a good amount today for 60%. My YTD income from RIOT is laughable, it works until it doesn’t, right?
    I use RIOT as a cash dividend proxy for BTC. I do have a lot of BTC, ETH in canadian etfs and plan to hold for a while. RIOT gives me my 20% monthly return while I hold. I'm a bit annoyed that its so sideways compared to before when it tracked BTC but the sideways trade works for the covered calls

Tried for more DWAC borrows. There are now some but I'm not sure I have the stomach for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    62x EBITA for proposed acquisition of Pinterest by PayPal. Thoughts? Dotcom bubble 2.0?
    eBay going to their own payments hit PayPal. The move away from independent web stores is hitting PayPal. Pending us tax reporting will hit PayPal. They desperate.