Page 424 of 729 FirstFirst ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

This is the closest we are likely to come to a general strike in the United States, and I think it's high time the working people use that leverage.
    That'll be hilarious.
    You guys have taken such a long hiatus from striking that you have forgotten even the basic things like building proper barricades, tossing molotov cocktails and catching rubber bullets with your genitals. You would need few busloads of German anarchists, French yellow vests and Ukrainan miners to help you out...pity that they would end up being quarantined.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What should be even more upsetting is the reports of massive lines at food banks this last week.
    I can see Trump's point about getting back to work, because we're going to be experiencing civil unrest pretty soon if millions don't see some sort of income. It probably won't help when the suddenly poor and hungry turn on the TV and see reports about the Dow, therefore Wall Street, doing well. They have been hating on the financiers for over a decade, and own no stock (hell, don't own much but debt), and this won't help.
    pitchforks in 10, 9, 8, 7.....?

or

UBI in 10, 9, 8, 7 ....?

or

other?
    Master of mediocrity.

Well kudos to some of the work stoppages by Amazon whse workers, grocery store employees and medical folks. Drop in the bucket. I hear that officially 10%+ American's are unemployed, so they would love to get any job these days. To the C-suits, workers are just a liability on a spreadsheet, not an asset. Sadly, it seems like Trump and Co also think our sailors and soldiers are also expendable.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    You guys have taken such a long hiatus from striking that you have forgotten even the basic things like building proper barricades, tossing molotov cocktails and catching rubber bullets with your genitals.
    Haha.

Only in Trump world would a US President be trying to push for higher oil prices. Trump and JaKush must have some nice side deals going with the KSA and Putin.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stagg...174557991.html

The two nations appear to have buried differences that led to a huge supply surplus, delegates said. The rapprochement came just before the extraordinary virtual meeting of OPEC and its allies kicked off.

Oil surged as much as 11%.

Moscow, whose grudge against U.S. shale could still arguably prevent a final deal, said Wednesday it’s willing to reduce output by 1.6 million barrels a day, or roughly 15%. Saudi Arabia was also discussing a cut of 15% to 17% on Thursday, delegates said, asking not to be identified because the talks were private.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Reading most threads in the PR including this one, someone outside the US could only think that Americanos are a bunch of whiney bitches. For fucks sake people, you have have $1000 iPhones, cars, etc., and best of all nobody's shooting at you on a daily basis (unless you live in East St. Louis.) So harden the fuck up and quit complaining about every fucking little perceived financial and social injustice before you become a bitter old man like Benny.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Reading most threads in the PR including this one, someone outside the US could only think that Americanos are a bunch of whiney bitches. For fucks sake people, you have have $1000 iPhones, cars, etc., and most of all nobody's shooting at you on a daily basis (unless you live in East St. Louis.) So harden the fuck up and quit complaining about every fucking little perceived financial and social injustice, otherwise you become a bitter old man like Benny.
    I want to speak with your manager.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Reading most threads in the PR including this one, someone outside the US could only think that Americanos are a bunch of whiney bitches. For fucks sake people, you have have $1000 iPhones, cars, etc., and best of all nobody's shooting at you on a daily basis (unless you live in East St. Louis.) So harden the fuck up and quit complaining about every fucking little perceived financial and social injustice before you become a bitter old man like Benny.
    Ok, Range Rover.

So ya'll waiting for the retest to push the chips in?

Or are you out of cash?
    Cash with some dumpster dives longs

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ok, Range Rover.
    Don't be Benny. Be grateful for what you have.

You're still a jong, don't forget.

I embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    2) sit on my cash and purchase potentially heavily distressed commercial properties in the coming months.
    If you have the expertise, sure, but if you don't, you're going to be the bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    That'll be hilarious.
    You guys have taken such a long hiatus from striking that you have forgotten even the basic things like building proper barricades, tossing molotov cocktails and catching rubber bullets with your genitals. You would need few busloads of German anarchists, French yellow vests and Ukrainan miners to help you out...pity that they would end up being quarantined.
    These folks still know how to bring it in the USA. They are not shy to use the threat of violence. Not sure about molotov cocktails, they tend to favor more precision guided projectiles...In another life, I had my share of run ins with the ILWU. Of course always on their turf.

Protesting union members blocked the tracks and squared off against about 40 law enforcement officers equipped in tactical helmets, with some carrying bean-bag shotguns and pepper-ball guns. Three were arrested in the original confrontation, then a standoff of about an hour took place. At about 4:35 pm, the 107-car train backed up about 200 yards, to the cheers of the crowd. At that time, ILWU National President Robert McEllrath told the crowd that it was time to back off, to “live to fight another day.”

This morning, the protestors actually entered the plant site, storming the security guards at the facility. None of those people were attacked or injured, but they report that the protestors took a Columbia Security vehicle, then drove it into a ditch. Windows were also broken out on the guard shack. Speaking with local law enforcement from a hiding place in the plant, the security guards reported that the protestors went in and cut hoses on the train that had entered the facility. After doing that damage, those involved in the confrontation quickly left, while law enforcement resources were staging nearby. Shortly after 6 am, law enforcement set up a perimeter around the plant, planning to arrest all remaining protestors on the property.

My understanding from some 2nd hand accounts on the incident, were that the guards were pissing their pants after they had been overrun.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Cash with some dumpster dives longs
    I'm wondering if the 60+ age group that over-invested in the equities and high yield market after 2008 in order to try and get their portfolio back to 2006 levels, will now embrace cash a bit more in the future? Or will they return with gusto again and try to recoup these latest losses?

I'm wondering if the 60+ age group that over-invested in the equities and high yield market after 2008 in order to try and get their portfolio back to 2006 levels, will now embrace cash a bit more in the future? Or will they return with gusto again and try to recoup these latest losses?
    I think those that sold at losses and then watched the market come back have learned a lesson. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    These folks still know how to bring it in the USA. They are not shy to use the threat of violence. Not sure about molotov cocktails, they tend to favor more precision guided projectiles...In another life, I had my share of run ins with the ILWU. Of course always on their turf.

...snip...

My understanding from some 2nd hand accounts on the incident, were that the guards were pissing their pants after they had been overrun.
    And there lies the problem: There is a slight difference between strikes and full blown revolts, no need to go full retard...
    Annual May 1st riots in Berlin between leftists/anarchists and police is "good" example: Riot police, water cannons and a tad of mayhem.

Just a proper show of force and then, day after, back to normal.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Hey, fuck, I'm cool. I've got mine. I've even made a little money out of all of this. I live literally on a hill in a prosperous town filled with the top 5% and patrolled by a very well paid police force. Just bring back skiing and Euro travel and no whoop. Good luck to the rest of you.

I think those that sold at losses and then watched the market come back have learned a lesson. But who knows.
    If I were a boomer (quelle horreur) I'd be manning the ramparts on the be thankful for what you have get America back to work movement in the hopes of saving my portfolio.

Statistically they were conservatively invested (what little savings they had) and have not freaked out in the current shitshow.

Is the stock market going to tank?

Only in Trump world would a US President be trying to push for higher oil prices. Trump and JaKush must have some nice side deals going with the KSA and Putin.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stagg...174557991.html

The two nations appear to have buried differences that led to a huge supply surplus, delegates said. The rapprochement came just before the extraordinary virtual meeting of OPEC and its allies kicked off.

Oil surged as much as 11%.

Moscow, whose grudge against U.S. shale could still arguably prevent a final deal, said Wednesday it’s willing to reduce output by 1.6 million barrels a day, or roughly 15%. Saudi Arabia was also discussing a cut of 15% to 17% on Thursday, delegates said, asking not to be identified because the talks were private.
    I think we’ve made a lot of progress since $100 oil 10 yrs ago. There is a fine line between having a consistent supply and price. There is an argument for higher oil. Jobs, needless wars, the environment. 2$ oil and everyone will go back to buying ford excursions.

Anyway, as Americans, paying almost nothing for gas relative to Europe, we should be the last to complain.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    If I were a boomer (quelle horreur) I'd be manning the ramparts on the get America back to work movement in the hopes of saving my portfolio.

Why? Look at today's market. What's the problem? This is a prime example of capitalism at it's most evil. The WS gamblers are salivating at an even cheaper workforce and real estate in the near future.

60+ age group should have had large cash/CD/T-bill position before the Covid-19 crash. 60+ boomers who bought into equity markets after 2008 and failed to rebalance via profit taking every year or so after 2015 did it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    60+ age group should have had large cash/CD/T-bill position before the Covid-19 crash. 60+ boomers who bought into equity markets after 2008 and failed to rebalance via profit taking every year or so after 2015 did it wrong.
    Just talked to a 65 ur old who is delaying retirement because he got crushed in the mkt. It’s not my job, but i told that dumb ass to sell! Sell!

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Just talked to a 65 ur old who is delaying retirement because he got crushed in the mkt. It’s not my job, but i told that dumb ass to sell! Sell!

No.