Page 82 of 729 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 18218
    Benny honest to god just fucking shoot yourself and get it over with.

Bullets cost money dude.
    Now if you lend him your maul....

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Benny honest to god just fucking shoot yourself and get it over with.
    Naw man, just making final plans for three months out west this season with my bud, and the euro is crashing. My return to Tuscany will be cheap. ....er. Just starting to have fun. Gas powered, though, but on a bike in Italy.

Hugh Conway Guest
    so you can be a hoodornament on a Fiat, brought to you by a sweetheart deal from the american tax payer.

Crude and gasoline getting hammered again, right on schedule at midnight eastern. Gasoline down another .05. Stunning decline in gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Crude and gasoline getting hammered again, right on schedule at midnight eastern. Gasoline down another .05. Stunning decline in gasoline.
    I think this is going to interesting to watch. The Saudis have publicly stated that their national budget is based on $90 Brent, so they'll start pumping to make up the difference which will just hasten the spiral down. And we'll see how many of the levered up independents can survive with an extended stay in the $70s. Good for the coasts and bad for the mountain time zone.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    I think this is going to interesting to watch. The Saudis have publicly stated that their national budget is based on $90 Brent, so they'll start pumping to make up the difference which will just hasten the spiral down. And we'll see how many of the levered up independents can survive with an extended stay in the $70s. Good for the coasts and bad for the mountain time zone.
    Just in time for my 4-5 months of driving big mileage to get my skiing fix in. Thank you King of Saud. Pump and dump your oil please.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Lauren Simonetti...fapfapfapfapfapfap

Tesla down 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Tesla down 6%.

Only up 100% yoy and 700% over two years. In the mean time, 3 years dividend on SP500 wiped out in a week.

I don't get that. Suppose those dividends were already spent?

Tesla down 6%.
    Yeah, I'm not too worried about a downtick in the middle of a day. Analysts are predicting the stock's going to do just fine overall:
    http://money.cnn.com/quote/forecast/...html?symb=TSLA

With the announcement of the new Model D (AWD, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, and very usable range of about 275 miles), the introduction of the CPO program (which should give us used models in the 30s+), the Model X crossover, and the upcoming (predicted 2017) affordable Model 3 which is supposedly going to go for around 35 grand, I think they're on track to actually become profitable within the next few years. People predicted the Model S and the company as a whole would be a flop, but now Teslas are not an uncommon site anymore in certain areas. Quit being such a hater, Benny. Despite your disdain toward Elon Musk, the Tesla is actually a really good product in its own right. Have you sat in one or driven one yet? It might just change your mind. Personally, I was really surprised with how good the build quality was. Fantastic fit and finish. Not bad for a first gen car from a new car company.

Top Gear did it best. They took it out on the track, wow, nice, woopee, nice acceleration, sharp looks, and then, well, it just died. Time for a charge.

35 grand as their more"affordable" model. Written by some upper middle class wall street schill who thinks a BMW is an everyman car. It's actually a little depressing to see how well those things are selling. Shows you how much the 1% has become a very healthy market. And, well, auto financing is the new subprime, also.

Top Gear did it best. They took it out on the track, wow, nice, woopee, nice acceleration, sharp looks, and then, well, it just died. Time for a charge.

35 grand as their more"affordable" model.
    The Top Gear "test" was over 3 years ago and on the old roadster, FWIW. I'm pretty dang sure that most owners experiences have not been like that overall. In fact, the Model S has proven to be very reliable for most people from what I've read.

And yes, when $35 grand is the cost of a new (loaded) Subaru Outback, Accord, or Camry, $35 g's is not that bad of a price of entry.

Why is it depressing to see how well they are selling? Is it because it breaks your preconceived notions of the future of their stock?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    You do realize that when you buy a gallon of gas you pay more in taxes than for the actual product right?
    No, I realize I pay $0.402 in taxes out of $3.399 for a gallon.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Tesla sucks. I saw the Biebs get one.. It died on him half hour later

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    The Top Gear "test" was over 3 years ago and on the old roadster, FWIW. I'm pretty dang sure that most owners experiences have not been like that overall. In fact, the Model S has proven to be very reliable for most people from what I've read.

And yes, when $35 grand is the cost of a new (loaded) Subaru Outback, Accord, or Camry, $35 g's is not that bad of a price of entry.

Why is it depressing to see how well they are selling? Is it because it breaks your preconceived notions of the future of their stock?

I'm sorry, I tend to forget that I'm posting on a skier's forum. You know, a place that attracts people who think a loaded Outback, brand new, is an everyman's car. I understand, I live and work in Fairfield county, Ct.. it's a jolt for me sometimes to leave this place and be around the real middle class, that make, what, about 45,000 a year, if they're lucky? Which is dropping, slowly, year by year. But, as I said, car loans are as easy to get as fast food these days.

As far as that Top Gear is so three years ago, I guess I'm happy to hear that they have increased the range significantly since then. I'll take a red one.

Edit: Glad you brought up the outback, though, which kinda proves my point. There's a car you can use every day, in all kind of weather, and haul all sorts of stuff and people. Very reliable, too. The Tesla? An upper middle class toy.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    No, I realize I pay $0.402 in taxes out of $3.399 for a gallon.
    but our colleague from Michigan, the good Mr Dingell, assures us there are hidden taxes throughout the oil economy

The Tesla? An upper middle class toy.
    You misunderstand. In The Future (TM reserved googlesoftazon), everyone will be at least upper middle class.

INTC down 4%. Nasdaq Composite has potential to be down 100+ points today.

I'm sorry, I tend to forget that I'm posting on a skier's forum. You know, a place that attracts people who think a loaded Outback, brand new, is an everyman's car. I understand, I live and work in Fairfield county, Ct.. it's a jolt for me sometimes to leave this place and be around the real middle class, that make, what, about 45,000 a year, if they're lucky? Which is dropping, slowly, year by year. But, as I said, car loans are as easy to get as fast food these days.

As far as that Top Gear is so three years ago, I guess I'm happy to hear that they have increased the range significantly since then. I'll take a red one.

Edit: Glad you brought up the outback, though, which kinda proves my point. There's a car you can use every day, in all kind of weather, and haul all sorts of stuff and people. Very reliable, too. The Tesla? An upper middle class toy.
    I don't understand your resistance. Sure the Tesla may not be ideal some times. In 1902, a car wasn't practical sometimes because their weren't gas stations everywhere. And I am sure some idiot said things like "I'll just stick to my horse, there is grass and water anywhere I want to go" The Tesla, except it's price would suit the needs of 90% of the people 90% of the time. I drive a Tundra. Do you see me saying things like "well the outback can't haul 20 sheets of plywood, so it is useless and nobody should ever buy one." If I had the means I would buy a Tesla as a family car in a heartbeat.

Oh, for fucks sake. Because it only goes 200 or so miles. How the fuck can that be an everyday family car?

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    but our colleague from Michigan, the good Mr Dingell, assures us there are hidden taxes throughout the oil economy.
    There actually are. The breakdown of gasoline prices at the pump are not nearly as simple as crude oil costs X% and gasoline taxes are Y%. There are a LOT of taxes involved with every step of the way with the production of said crude oil, from municipal taxes to county taxes to state taxes to federal taxes. That's one of the reasons that gas prices are so high to begin with, because the oil companies aren't exactly eating that cost, but rather simply pass it on to consumers as they just build it into the price of everything. Same is true for just about any product out there, but gas is where we probably notice the pain the most.

Oh, for fucks sake. Because it only goes 200 or so miles. How the fuck can that be an everyday family car?
    Do you drive 200+ miles a day? The Tesla's range is more than sufficient for the average American's commute, plus picking up kids from school/soccer/whatevs, plus errands, and more. Plus it charges damn quick...in your garage if you want. Not sure what the problem is. Hell, I'm in Montucky and although I wouldn't want one for the oilfields in ND, it would be more than sufficient for my daily needs at home. Now if I could only afford a Model D. But just because I can't afford one doesn't mean I don't want one. And just because I can't afford a Porsche 911 doesn't mean it's not a great car. A product being expensive does not exactly make it a bad product. Obviously enough people of means out there are seeing the value in owning one.

What Austin said. Do you typically drive more than 200 miles a day? Home->Work->grocery store->pick kids up at day care->home is like 40 miles total for my family. Get this....my wife who would drive it if I bought one probably doesn't drive ENOUGH to justify a Tesla. Same reason I don't have solar panels. I couldn't save enough money to make it worth it.

Edit-Just now realizing that Benny may not know that you can charge Teslas at home. So effectively a typical family might go months without having to visit a "refueling station"