Page 576 of 729 FirstFirst ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... LastLast
Results 14,376 to 14,400 of 18222
    Don't you assholes have a thread to argue about college degrees and why you don't have any money? Maybe the "Whats the number" thread?

Tried to add to the ATOS YOLO position, tried to sell a boatload (50) of the 7/16 $6P @$2.6 but never got filled after it bounced back from 3% down. Even chased the bid down towards the eod to $2.4 and never got filled.

Made back a ton of ground on CC that were deep ITM, have quite a few positions that I want to get called away but just can't seem to make it happen.

first one. We aren't quite at the bottom (the other one you mentioned). My father still thinks i build skyscrapers, dams and bridges (no one realizes structural/geotech engineers are a thing apparently). Its always so disappointing to people when i describe what i actually do- make shit flow downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Don't you assholes have a thread to argue about college degrees and why you don't have any money? Maybe the "Whats the number" thread?

Tried to add to the ATOS YOLO position, tried to sell a boatload (50) of the 7/16 $6P @$2.6 but never got filled after it bounced back from 3% down. Even chased the bid down towards the eod to $2.4 and never got filled.

Made back a ton of ground on CC that were deep ITM, have quite a few positions that I want to get called away but just can't seem to make it happen.
    Benny started it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

my big BABA play has done NOTHING over the past two weeks. which is better than going down i suppose. Nothing looks attractive to buy right now. Im in a rut.

This is TGR....there are two police behaving threads ONE GOOD and ONE BAD....but both are littered with BAD....

My suggestion....start a new thread called "TGR daytraders thread"....seriously. will weed out the general market folks and the boomers too of course.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    first one. We aren't quite at the bottom (the other one you mentioned). My father still thinks i build skyscrapers, dams and bridges (no one realizes structural/geotech engineers are a thing apparently). Its always so disappointing to people when i describe what i actually do- make shit flow downhill.
    My niece just took her first job in Civil a few months ago on the east coast. Loves it so far. Loved her internships too. Works large building contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    This is TGR....there are two police behaving threads ONE GOOD and ONE BAD....but both are littered with BAD....

My suggestion....start a new thread called "TGR daytraders thread"....seriously. will weed out the general market folks and the boomers too of course.
    haha, it doesn't bother me that much. The daily chatter mixed with larger market/financial planning ideas is a great blend IMO. Leave it to Bunny to come in and fuck it up after a Meme hurt his feelings.

Speaking of Bunny, did we ever get the ticker for his super secret squirrel fund that he was outperforming everything with???

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Over half the country can't make it 3 weeks between paychecks at any age let alone 40.
    And they got there with a college degree, through hard work, frugal spending, and responsible financial planning for 20+ years?

The theoretical new thread should just be "Stonks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Benny started it.
    Oh no you don't. It was that damn meme.

Speaking of Bunny, did we ever get the ticker for his super secret squirrel fund that he was outperforming everything with???
    Moose and squirrel?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, sure, but, Todd didn't get to a mil in savings at his age on his own, I'll bet.
    If he funded his 401k and IRA for 20 years, he's there.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Bob

-Actively manages a $67,524 portfolio

-Spends 4-5 hours a day researching stonks and options

-Up 48.1% in the last 14 months and six days

-Bangs his wife regularly, beats the kids occasionally

-15 Twitter followers

-Is an idiot

Been trying to buy more EPD for the last couple weeks, was determined to buy at $23 for a bit, moved up to $25 yesterday and still no dice. I may just throw it in XOM like Lee says, I just have trouble buying at that price when I’m in my 310 at $40.85. It’s a state of mind I have to get out of, I know it’ll go higher and I’ve also read a dividend bump is probably coming. FCF at these prices will be through the roof, especially when Guyana comes on-line.

Up on all my sold covered calls, I always struggle whether to buy them back or let it ride. That quick cash is tempting, but I’m gonna ride these.

That Oct. 15th $30 strike on CCL looks pretty good when I read stuff like this:

“Some of the biggest borrowers during the pandemic, according to figures from financial-data provider FactSet, have been those hurt most by it. Carnival Corp ., the world's largest cruise operator, had around $33 billion of total debt as of Feb. 28, almost triple what it had near the end of 2019. Boeing Co .'s total debt more than doubled during the pandemic, to $64 billion, while Delta Air Lines Inc .'s doubled to around $35 billion.

With cruises canceled around the world, raising money early last year wasn't easy for Carnival. Chief Financial Officer David Bernstein said he spent two weeks in March 2020 to try to put together a bond sale, only for debt investors to balk because the company wasn't also planning to issue more stock.

It took him another 10 days working nearly around the clock to put together a deal that included a stock offering. In early April last year, Carnival issued $4 billion of secured bonds with an 11.5% interest rate—a level typically associated with businesses with rock-bottom credit ratings—along with $500 million of stock and about $2 billion of convertible bonds.

"Somehow I managed to raise $6.5 billion," Mr. Bernstein said. "I was amazed."

From then on, though, as investor demand for corporate debt rebounded, borrowing money got easier. Carnival sold bonds or obtained loans from investors five more times over the next 10 months, finally issuing $3.5 billion of unsecured bonds in February at a 5.75% rate. In April, Mr. Bernstein said Carnival had raised enough money to last until it resumes full operations.”

With the stock dilution and debt Carnival is a ways down the road. I’m betting I get to keep my shares and the $325.

Business degrees from state schools do not make millionaires before 50.
    Wrong moron Benny. My old boss graduated from UMass boston. Bought a 200k 2 family and 25 years later it's worth over 2.5M. She also made a mint on that UMass degree.

Was she a business major?

Oh no you don't. It was that damn meme.

i believe it's pronounced thusly....

Started digging into this TRCH nonsense after hours. Seems a bit complex and nuanced. Reverse merger to get another company (MMATF) on nasdaq and share holders as of 6/22 get special dividend of sale proceeds from old company selling off oil and gas leases/projects. Could be anywhere from $1-$50 per share? Oh and of course a short squeeze is imminent

Fuck it I’m in…maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was she a business major?
    English I believe but worked in finance.

BTW, I too would like to know this Benny aggregate ETF. I looked for CRMDGN and couldn’t find it. I’m pretty fluent in SFB fish/life lingo, but Benny finance advice eludes me.

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Bob

-Actively manages a $67,524 portfolio

-Spends 4-5 hours a day researching stonks and options

-Up 48.1% in the last 14 months and six days

-Bangs his wife regularly, beats the kids occasionally

-15 Twitter followers

-Is an idiot

Been trying to buy more EPD for the last couple weeks, was determined to buy at $23 for a bit, moved up to $25 yesterday and still no dice. I may just throw it in XOM like Lee says, I just have trouble buying at that price when I’m in my 310 at $40.85. It’s a state of mind I have to get out of, I know it’ll go higher and I’ve also read a dividend bump is probably coming. FCF at these prices will be through the roof, especially when Guyana comes on-line.

Up on all my sold covered calls, I always struggle whether to buy them back or let it ride. That quick cash is tempting, but I’m gonna ride these.

That Oct. 15th $30 strike on CCL looks pretty good when I read stuff like this:

“Some of the biggest borrowers during the pandemic, according to figures from financial-data provider FactSet, have been those hurt most by it. Carnival Corp ., the world's largest cruise operator, had around $33 billion of total debt as of Feb. 28, almost triple what it had near the end of 2019. Boeing Co .'s total debt more than doubled during the pandemic, to $64 billion, while Delta Air Lines Inc .'s doubled to around $35 billion.

With cruises canceled around the world, raising money early last year wasn't easy for Carnival. Chief Financial Officer David Bernstein said he spent two weeks in March 2020 to try to put together a bond sale, only for debt investors to balk because the company wasn't also planning to issue more stock.

It took him another 10 days working nearly around the clock to put together a deal that included a stock offering. In early April last year, Carnival issued $4 billion of secured bonds with an 11.5% interest rate—a level typically associated with businesses with rock-bottom credit ratings—along with $500 million of stock and about $2 billion of convertible bonds.

"Somehow I managed to raise $6.5 billion," Mr. Bernstein said. "I was amazed."

From then on, though, as investor demand for corporate debt rebounded, borrowing money got easier. Carnival sold bonds or obtained loans from investors five more times over the next 10 months, finally issuing $3.5 billion of unsecured bonds in February at a 5.75% rate. In April, Mr. Bernstein said Carnival had raised enough money to last until it resumes full operations.”

With the stock dilution and debt Carnival is a ways down the road. I’m betting I get to keep my shares and the $325.
    Showing us the way Bob, FKNA! And can whip out a mean pie for lunch while researching stonks.

Pick 5 stocks that are poised to be the biggest winners from 5G technology. Preferably mid cap stocks. Who directly stands to make the biggest growth and profits in the next 3 to 5 years from 5G?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    BTW, I too would like to know this Benny aggregate ETF. I looked for CRMDGN and couldn’t find it. I’m pretty fluent in SFB fish/life lingo, but Benny finance advice eludes me.
    Bob. If you are holding aside capital gains TAX amounts owing for 2022 already determined in 2021, do you put it in a bank savings account, GIC, bonds, or do you go all in on gamestonks? Please share.

Also. Suppose that the markets go through a 3 month to 5 month retrace and/or bearish consolidation, do you have a strategy to take advantage of that and what can other active investors do to take advantage of that without resorting to options and/or shorting?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Showing us the way Bob, FKNA! And can whip out a mean pie for lunch while researching stonks.

Bob could probably work a min wage job 4-5 hrs per day and invest in ETFs and have a way better return.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    English I believe but worked in finance.

You should go back and read that shit again before you hurl.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Pick 5 stocks that are poised to be the biggest winners from 5G technology. Preferably mid cap stocks. Who directly stands to make the biggest growth and profits in the next 3 to 5 years from 5G?
    Hopefully Nokia. GFs family is in Oulu so i'm invested by default.