Page 729 of 729 FirstFirst ... 724 725 726 727 728 729
Results 18,201 to 18,222 of 18222

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    So she can run two companies into the ground?
    Don’t believe the tech wimp whining:

“But one useful way to judge a CEO is by how the stock performed during his or her tenure. It is certainly not the only indicator, but it is a popular one. Marissa Mayer became CEO of Yahoo on July 16, 2012. On that day, the stock was at $15.69. Almost exactly four years later, the stock is at $38.90. That’s a 151% increase during Mayer’s tenure. And it’s more than double the 61% growth of the S&P in that time.”

Mayer cleaned the decks at a bloated yahoo (think pre musk Twitter) so the value of Alibaba and the other assets could be realized. Just think what kind of value Is locked up in GOOG should they choose to monetize.
    Last edited by 4matic; 02-24-2024 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sure, but as bbear said, it ain't worth a frickin' dime until you sell it.

This is why I hate the stock market. I don't have the stomach for all the shoulda woulda coulda.
    Index funds, my man... boring as all shit, but line goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Don’t believe the tech wimp whining:

“But one useful way to judge a CEO is by how the stock performed during his or her tenure. It is certainly not the only indicator, but it is a popular one. Marissa Mayer became CEO of Yahoo on July 16, 2012. On that day, the stock was at $15.69. Almost exactly four years later, the stock is at $38.90. That’s a 151% increase during Mayer’s tenure. And it’s more than double the 61% growth of the S&P in that time.”

Mayer cleaned the decks at a bloated yahoo (think pre musk Twitter) so the value of Alibaba and the other assets could be realized. Just think what kind of value Is locked up in GOOG should they choose to monetize.
    Eh, the Asian investments that would make YHOO worth far more than Yahoo's core business were largely thanks to Jerry Yang. But sure, Mayer deserves some credit for doing the financial shuffle to unlock the value that Yang's investments had grown into (not that that value would have evaporated had she not done so during her tenure). I don't know that there's anything like a parallel situation for GOOG, GOOG's main asset being Google itself.

Big boys selling off.

Its coming.
    watch out for snakes

Where the FUCK is NakedShorts?? This may be his time to shine.

Who’s selling what? SP500 is down like 0.4%. What are we getting worked up over?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Who’s selling what? SP500 is down like 0.4%. What are we getting worked up over?
    NakedShort assured us that the END WAS NEAR.

Some news article about some hedge fund selling tech?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

looks like PSRHF struck that helium load… up 67% already today.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Eh, the Asian investments that would make YHOO worth far more than Yahoo's core business were largely thanks to Jerry Yang. But sure, Mayer deserves some credit for doing the financial shuffle to unlock the value that Yang's investments had grown into (not that that value would have evaporated had she not done so during her tenure). I don't know that there's anything like a parallel situation for GOOG, GOOG's main asset being Google itself.
    Exactly this. She inherited a lottery ticket and yahoo has done largely Jack shit since. She fired a bunch of people to cut expenses and now they're an also-ran. They've even ruined their other brands (Engadget, autoblog) with a total lack of investment or tact. If they were gone tomorrow no one would care.
    That's not the work of a good CEO

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Exactly this. She inherited a lottery ticket and yahoo has done largely Jack shit since. She fired a bunch of people to cut expenses and now they're an also-ran. They've even ruined their other brands (Engadget, autoblog) with a total lack of investment or tact. If they were gone tomorrow no one would care.
    That's not the work of a good CEO
    That’s like saying Balmer set the table for Nadella. She did the job Yahoo needed at the time. It wasn’t worth saving.

She’s exactly what GOOG needs at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    That’s like saying Balmer set the table for Nadella. She did the job Yahoo needed at the time. It wasn’t worth saving.

She’s exactly what GOOG needs at this point.
    Goog needs a direction, not a slasher. They scale like crazy and are still making crazy money now and have a ton of talented people, they just need a place to point them, not a financial restructure.

Google prints money with search and Youtube revenue, but the company is a hollow shell of what it once was.

I was in a procurement roll at a company a decade ago and there was some functionality that we needed that Google's product didn't have that we needed. Google was strategically investing in the vertical that my company belonged to and built the product we needed in a week. The level of service and technical expertise as unparalleled when Google wanted to do something.

It has been a long slow slide to mediocrity since then. They make a huge amount of money, but they are no longer leaders in any particular vertical. The wife of a friend who works there is a recruiter and she is deeply incentivized on hiring DEI candidates. It is no longer the meritocracy that it once was.

TLDR- Google is to the millennial workforce what IBM was to the boomer workforce. It was once a great company where talented people aspired to work that has been culturally gutted by shitty management. The people who made it great have long since moved on or retired.

Anyone buying DJT? Would be fun to be part of the eventual class action lawsuit, but not worth it for me at this price. I wonder what number it needs to hit for Donny to cash out? Does Truth social have advertisers?

Or, is anyone shorting DJT?

How much money is Truth Social making?
    It had more than $800 million in sales last year. Trump Media's Truth Social platform generated $3.3 million in revenue during the first nine months of 2023.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I found this interesting from yahoo finance:

"But there are very few DJT shares available to execute short trades, which makes it extremely costly to bet against the stock. That means elevated short interest is a strong indicator of negative views of the company’s prospects. “There is very little stock available to support new short sales,” Dusaniwsky said. “But short sellers are staying in this trade even while paying over 200 times the average stock borrow rate for a US short trade.”"

Re DJT I have no stomach to short anything which has cult characteristics.

Perhaps the classic SPAC play around the time of the unlock where locked up shareholders can sell. But that will be some time yet

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Re DJT I have no stomach to short anything which has cult characteristics.
    Should have ignored your stomach.

DJT down 64%+ since the March 27th high.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Should have ignored your stomach.

DJT down 64%+ since the March 27th high.
    Make that 68%+

Make that 68%+

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Or, is anyone shorting DJT?
    Trump Media's Truth Social platform generated $3.3 million in revenue during the first nine months of 2023.
    There are dental offices that do more revenue in a 9 month period.