Page 423 of 729 FirstFirst ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,575 of 18218
    Sold HPQ, HPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Talked to a buddy that runs a hedge fund that specializes in the energy sector. He has had a net short position on the US/Canadian oil industry for 16 months. He is absolutely crushing it right now.

He said now that he has cashed in on his oil company shorts he's shorting the entire Canadian economy via ETFs. He thinks Canada is screwed.
    Doesn’t sound very hedged.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Here's the update. Around 17MM new claims in three weeks.

In a ZIRP world jobs don't really matter. Stawks are the only game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    In a ZIRP world jobs don't really matter. Stawks are the only game in town.
    The Fed is now effectively the market maker for debt and stocks... And seems to have no limits to what it is willing to do to help the bullish case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Here's the update. Around 17MM new claims in three weeks.

That is roughly 11% of the employed workforce filing for claims in 3 weeks. Prior to this the record was 685k in 08 or so. This is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    That is roughly 11% of the employed workforce filing for claims in 3 weeks. Prior to this the record was 685k in 08 or so. This is unbelievable.

Right? The market's going to skyrocket on this stellar bit of news!

This is the closest we are likely to come to a general strike in the United States, and I think it's high time the working people use that leverage.

Companies can continue to pay dividends and interest payments because they don't have to worry about default risk.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    This is the closest we are likely to come to a general strike in the United States, and I think it's high time the working people use that leverage.
    Start it off. Walk out of your job today. What are you waiting for?

^^Improperly installed wax rings will be leaking human waste if he does that.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I just want to point out that new jobless claim dropped by 300,000 this week. Obama never had a one week drop this big!! #KAG

Right? The market's going to skyrocket on this stellar bit of news!

Oh, you mean, vote? Half don't. How else can you "leverage"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I just want to point out that new jobless claim dropped by 300,000 this week. Obama never had a one week drop this big!! #KAG
    I like your optimism. Markets to the Moon!
    I went almost all cash mid February. I was starting to dribble back in DCA averaging, but this has me entirely confused. I may sit on cash for a while and 1)miss out on gains, but I don't care at this point 2) sit on my cash and purchase potentially heavily distressed commercial properties in the coming months.

I went almost all cash mid February. I was starting to dribble back in DCA averaging, but this has me entirely confused. I may sit on cash for a while and 1)miss out on gains, but I don't care at this point 2) sit on my cash and purchase potentially heavily distressed commercial properties in the coming months.
    A few more shoes yet to fall on this i think.

RE values (outside of stuff like data centers/cell towers) are going to get hit hard.

Jobs should rebound pretty strongly by the fall, but I would guess we don't ever (next 20 years at least) get back to where we were in terms of unemployment rate.

I haven't heard many people talking about the impending state and muni impact as retail tax streams dry up - maybe not a big deal, but that's a problem extending into next year.

A few large companies (eg WeWork, JCP, JCrew) going to be dragged behind the wood shed in the next few months.

Ford bonds are up 30% today. It would be nice if the Fed didn't make it so obvious.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

I wonder what % of claims have even been filed. Reports of completely overwhelmed state systems with applicants unable to get through the process are widespread.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, you mean, vote? Half don't. How else can you "leverage"?

Well it's not realistic because collective action has never been our strong suit in this country, among other reasons. But if a large portion of the population nationwide that is currently not working or working in a reduced capacity refused to return to work until there were programs in place guaranteeing every American worker had paid sick leave and vacation time, or maybe get the federal minimum wage up to where it's half of the living wage instead of a quarter of it, or maybe some programs ensure access to healthcare without the specter of bankruptcy looming, etc.

As I said, unrealistic and ugly, but there is hypothetical leverage that could be exerted.

I think those used to be called unions?

Fake Market, very Fake

Well it's not realistic because collective action has never been our strong suit in this country, among other reasons. But if a large portion of the population nationwide that is currently not working or working in a reduced capacity refused to return to work until there were programs in place guaranteeing every American worker had paid sick leave and vacation time, or maybe get the federal minimum wage up to where it's half of the living wage instead of a quarter of it, or maybe some programs ensure access to healthcare without the specter of bankruptcy looming, etc.

As I said, unrealistic and ugly, but there is hypothetical leverage that could be exerted.
    Dude, half of Americans just decided that the best candidate to compete with Trump is a nearly 80 year old cognitively damaged machine politician who has stated more than once that he will veto a universal health care bill passed by both houses. He still sees no need for M4All during a pandemic. You're going to have to wait at least ten years for the Boomers to die off so younger people can straighten out this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Fake Market, very Fake

Don't fight the FED

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wonder what % of claims have even been filed. Reports of completely overwhelmed state systems with applicants unable to get through the process are widespread.
    What should be even more upsetting is the reports of massive lines at food banks this last week.
    I can see Trump's point about getting back to work, because we're going to be experiencing civil unrest pretty soon if millions don't see some sort of income. It probably won't help when the suddenly poor and hungry turn on the TV and see reports about the Dow, therefore Wall Street, doing well. They have been hating on the financiers for over a decade, and own no stock (hell, don't own much but debt), and this won't help.

So ya'll waiting for the retest to push the chips in?

Or are you out of cash?

Fed's not using helicopter money, this is a whole different level.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Fed's not using helicopter money, this is a whole different level.
    Name:  First_Order_Dreadnought_SWCT.png
Views: 686
Size:  427.0 KB