Page 385 of 729 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    87, 2000, 2008. Pretty similar in character.
    Not 87 and hopefully not 2000 either when it took, what, 15 years for the Nasdaq to match its previous record. 2008 is so far the closest. As an aside, it's an ironic twist that here we are again with bailouts, the Fed, etc., but with a perception that it's different ideological players at the helm this time around.

Also, Labor Department numbers released today indicates a sharp rise in jobless claims.

Going to dive into balance sheet and dividend numbers for IVR and SLRC as high yield dumpster finds

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I posted earlier about bottom fishing Suncor SU due to its retail arm. Pulled my buys based on the 10K and price of WCS western Canadian Select

Su produces at 26

Syncrude sub produces at 33

Bought back 7% of shares since 2017. Why?

PetroCan retail sub is small %. So small its rolled into refinery and marketing

17b debt. 4.2b by 2023
    Good info. Thanks for circling back.

Going to dive into balance sheet and dividend numbers for IVR and SLRC as high yield dumpster finds
    Looks like the SLRC CEO is making personal buybacks as recently as Tuesday. Obviously hudge dividends. Let us know what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Not 87 and hopefully not 2000 either when it took, what, 15 years for the Nasdaq to match its previous record. 2008 is so far the closest. As an aside, it's an ironic twist that here we are again with bailouts, the Fed, etc., but with a perception that it's different ideological players at the helm this time around.

Also, Labor Department numbers released today indicates a sharp rise in jobless claims.
    And, funny thing, the people doing bailouts now dont seem to be constrained by fear of deficits, like, ahem, a recent Democratic adminastration that came into power controlling the WH and both houses.

No one in power has actually given a shit about deficits since Clinton. We the populace do, but those in power figure out they can print money and kick the can real fucking quick.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    No one in power has actually given a shit about deficits since Clinton. We the populace do, but those in power figure out they can print money and kick the can real fucking quick.
    Nope. Obama could have done a whole lot more in 08, but he listened to the bankers, and basically just bailed them out along with the auto industry. Many smart people were saying, more, more, firehose time, but he held back. Millions and millions were foreclosed upon, many fraudulently .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Nope. Obama could have done a whole lot more in 08, but he listened to the bankers, and basically just bailed them out along with the auto industry. Many smart people were saying, more, more, firehose time, but he held back. Millions and millions were foreclosed upon, many fraudulently .
    I agree.. Obama could have/should have done a LOT more

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

87, 2000, 2008. Pretty similar in character.
    https://ofdollarsanddata.com/how-the...ent-from-2008/

Dumpster indeed. All IVR has to do to make you money is not get de-listed in the next three years.

Solar might be interesting.

Similar does not mean they weren’t different. There’s that binary brain of yours again Benny

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Some ETF’s have blown to bits.

Is the stock market going to tank?

Bond market liquidity recovering today. They took some money from me yesterday but that’s it’s job. Still have a 20% long bond position. 78% cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Dumpster indeed. All IVR has to do to make you money is not get de-listed in the next three years.

Solar might be interesting.
    Yah they're both in the too good to be true category. Pulling up 10ks and trying not to go to sleep

With decimation of the Canadian oil patch, what happens to transfer payments to the eastern provinces? Alberta the 51st state?

Similar does not mean they weren’t different. There’s that binary brain of yours again Benny
    At least there's a brain there.

You two are adorable.

For all of you who want to invest in oil, i recommend dmlp, pbt, sbr.

They have zero debt, and are royalty trusts, pass thru.

They will not go under

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

^^Oil trusts have been on my radar for a bit as well. Low/no debt, royalty-based dividend distribution. Even if operators go under the creditors will maximize cash flow. Key is to find one with enough runway on the royalty agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by the artist formerly known as brostoyevski View Post
    The market essentially bottomed 3/12 with afew minor undercuts to trap shorts. Rally of 20% very possible, but don't think the epoch is over once it's underway. Sell into the rally & raise cash to go shopping for good&cheap opportunities over the next year.

nasdaq>>
    Attachment 321063
    I would disagree with that.

the big unemployment, layoff and company closing numbers have yet to start and should Friday.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Well, the opening was fun anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    For all of you who want to invest in oil, i recommend dmlp, pbt, sbr.

They have zero debt, and are royalty trusts, pass thru.

They will not go under

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Cool, thanks, will keep an eye on them.

Fair value on the futures closed at exactly 2400

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

Next weeks jobs numbers are gonna be a blood bath. This Monday alone (not covered in today’s) - MA saw more claims then all of February. Might see 1 million + nationwide. Even businesses that are doing well now near me (so pretty much only grocery stores and liquor stores) are cutting hourly employee hours and using salaried staff/owners to stock, clerk, checkout.

I am now the only employee where I work. That's kinda weird. No pressure or anything.