Page 249 of 729 FirstFirst ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The People’s Bank of China appointed JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A. as a yuan clearing bank in the U.S., the first non-Chinese lender for such a role globally and a further step to promote international use of the currency.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-clearing-bank
    I've got maybe 800 Yuan left over from some work trips to China sitting in my dresser. Yuan= the new bitcoin. Everyone should jump onboard.

Yuan CD yields 4.2 with guaranteed principal. If JPM can facilitate those transactions I'd be down.

I want a crystal ball.

15 point swing in the e-mini on this.

TPP-11:

The deal will reduce tariffs in economies that together amount to more than 13 percent of the global GDP — a total of $10 trillion. With the U.S., it would have represented 40 percent.

"The big changes with TPP 11 are the suspension of a whole lot of the provisions of the agreement. They have suspended many of the controversial ones, particularly around pharmaceuticals," said Kimberlee Weatherall, professor of law at the University of Sydney.
    Many of these changes had been inserted into the original TPP 12 at the demand of U.S. negotiators, such as rules ramping up intellectual property protection of pharmaceuticals, which
    some governments and activists worried would raise the costs of medicine.

Is the stock market going to tank?

What about GE

What about twtr baby. U better buy in now
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Attachment 225110

Crypto fluctuating....

The e-mini has the exact 2% range the last two days. Inside by one tick. Very unusual.

Small caps gettin luv the last 5 or so sessions. Lossa boulish behaviors.

The weekly chart of $SPX is bearish. Declining tops line. There can easily be another unwind.

Hoping so, I liquidated about mid-day and was kicking myself until the 10 yr shoe dropped.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The weekly chart of $SPX is bearish. Declining tops line. There can easily be another unwind.
    You guys follow this (or it's your job?) more than I do, but when you look at historical data, the track we are on does not seem sustainable. A bear market seem imminent especially when folks like Greenspan make statements like he did.

I liquidated 25%. If I was older and in need of cash I'd probably dump more.

And of course the market is up this morning.

the market is down this AM
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    the market is down this AM
    down by the river?

Market summary > Dow Jones Industrial Average
    INDEXDJX: .DJI - Feb 22, 11:18 AM EST
    25,065.27Price increase267.49 (1.08%)

Market summary > S&P 500 Index
    INDEXCBOE: .INX - Feb 22, 11:02 AM EST
    2,719.70Price increase18.37 (0.68%)

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You guys follow this (or it's your job?) more than I do, but when you look at historical data, the track we are on does not seem sustainable. A bear market seem imminent especially when folks like Greenspan make statements like he did.
    I had a career in financial news and information so I have data overload. It's not really a good thing.. The risk reward of growth vs safe asset doesn't fit my time profile for now. I wouldn't put much weight in what Magoo says.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    down by the river?

Market summary > Dow Jones Industrial Average
    INDEXDJX: .DJI - Feb 22, 11:18 AM EST
    25,065.27Price increase267.49 (1.08%)

Market summary > S&P 500 Index
    INDEXCBOE: .INX - Feb 22, 11:02 AM EST
    2,719.70Price increase18.37 (0.68%)
    my portfolio is the market
    Zone Controller

Weekly chart of $SPX turned bullish. Gap and go next week.

Berkshire letter is out:

“Both of us believe it is insane to risk what you have and need in order to obtain what you don't need.”

Anybody willing to share an opinion on Google? My mom left me some shares when she died a couple years ago. It has gone up but I am wondering if now is a good time to cash out. Don't really need the cash for anything specific, just worried that it may be maxed out. It's either sell now or hold for 5 years till my kids start college.

Berkshire letter is out:

“Both of us believe it is insane to risk what you have and need in order to obtain what you don't need.”
    Who's the us? Warren and...

I doubt Google has topped out.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

Charlie I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Anybody willing to share an opinion on Google? My mom left me some shares when she died a couple years ago. It has gone up but I am wondering if now is a good time to cash out. Don't really need the cash for anything specific, just worried that it may be maxed out. It's either sell now or hold for 5 years till my kids start college.
    Depends. How does it fit into your overall portfolio?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Depends. How does it fit into your overall portfolio?
    I really don't have a portfolio except for a couple small retirement accounts left over from when my wife and I were teachers. I have very little risk tolerance and keep what extra money I have in savings. I probably just answered my own question, I should get out. But if it doubles in the next five years I would kick myself. See, this is why I don't buy stocks, I just don't have the stomach.

My dad's advice is sell half and use that money to diversify so I'm not completely tied to Google. Solid advice I'm sure. But if I'm going to take a risk, what's a better bet than Google? I've read a lot of financial info about Google, and they continue to post increased profits from advertising, but some of their other ventures have pretty much failed, i.e. their social media site, their phone, the Google glasses, etc. At some point mobile and internet advertising has to max out. Plus they had a lot of problems with advertisers recently on offensive YouTube videos, that's a big deal and really hasn't sorted itself out yet. I'm just here seeking opinions because I don't really have an advisor to ask. Obviously nobody can predict the future.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Charlie I assume?
    Yes, Charlie Munger. Not as much direct commentary on coming years as I hoped but some other good information as always. The bet with Protege and final results are summarized. Link to the 2017 letter. They are all worth reading.

I really don't have a portfolio except for a couple small retirement accounts left over from when my wife and I were teachers. I have very little risk tolerance and keep what extra money I have in savings. I probably just answered my own question, I should get out. But if it doubles in the next five years I would kick myself. See, this is why I don't buy stocks, I just don't have the stomach.
    Lol.

Get out.

Why do you think it is maxed out? Google (Alphabet) probably has the largest moat in modern history. It could go up, it could go down. But it ain't gonna go to zero or anything. What are you going to do with the money that has a greater likelihood of earning more?