Page 462 of 729 FirstFirst ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... LastLast
Results 11,526 to 11,550 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The TGR upper middle class bubble gloats.
    When the numbers don't match your perception you can either continue to believe your own fantasy or you can re-evaluate and accept that perhaps your perception is wrong and adjust to reality.

It applies to all classes, but the choice is yours....but your decision will ultimately lead to which class you end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I'd suggest getting out and about. What the news is showing is 0.1% of the world. Go for a walk in your local park....go to your local Home Depot or Strip Mall....drive around and notice all the Amazon Delivery Trucks ...see your neighbors working in their yards....notice all the contractors remodeling houses and installing roofs.......the rest of the world is living their lives.

Hell, just get out of the "Padded Room" and look at all the other categories on TGR....Not everyone is a 24/7/365 Politics Whore.
    Yeah I've been out and about locally since this whole thing started. I'm starting to venture out a little further but it's tough because in a lot of places there's no place to go to the bathroom. Maybe not so big a thing for me but the wife and daughters... At least now with CT open it's not so bad but my region of NY is still down so it's a real pain in the ass. The one big takeaway is while people are living it's still just a slice of people, there are lots of people working around their yards but not as many as before and my theory there is they are running out of money for home work and that stems from other parts of the properties starting to look shabby so they're cutting back. I know on my dead end street there are fewer work trucks and fewer power tools running than two weeks ago, the whole hill is actually much quieter. In the last two weeks I've also noticed quite a few tow trucks pulling nearly new cars out of driveways

The TGR upper middle class bubble gloats.
    that about sums it up.

When the numbers don't match your perception you can either continue to believe your own fantasy or you can re-evaluate and accept that perhaps your perception is wrong and adjust to reality.
    16.8% unemployment (from prec19) a total of 20 million fewer working and they pull this shit while sucking their own dick and guzzling the gubmint money printing press.

nevermind, go load up on HTZ because nothing fucking matters.

It applies to all classes, but the choice is yours....but your decision will ultimately lead to which class you end up in.
    Wtf are you saying? What is that? It isn't numbers. I still live in a place that requires masks for almost all retail interactions. My condo parking lot is still fairly full on weekdays, therfore, people still arent working. Maybe you live in a place that is recklessly ignoring this virus like it just fucking vanished, but millions don't, especially in tight urban spaces. What, are you telling me that we're going to be back to 2019 in no time, when Boeing, Ford, United, Marriot, and many other corporations large and small are staring down bankruptcy, and the entire oil industry is in a depression, and China just announced even more sanctions against Amerucan farmers? Really? But, yeah, market is floating all those trust funds. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    16.8% unemployment and they pull this shit while sucking their own dick and guzzling the gubmint money printing press.

Have you and glademaster ever thought about hanging out together?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Have you and glademaster ever thought about hanging out together?
    You try so fucking hard it hurts.

That's the spirit. Channel that hate and anger into something constructive and you could do big things.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Hell yeah! I almost loaded up on NCL a month ago, should've.
    I didn't want to buy two cruise line stocks! I do however own a wafer thin piece of LUV, Southwest Air.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I didn't want to buy two cruise line stocks! I do however own a wafer thin piece of LUV, Southwest Air.
    I follow the tenents of Wu Tang Financial, "diversify your bonds, nxxxx."

16.8% unemployment (from prec19) a total of 20 million fewer working and they pull this shit while sucking their own dick and guzzling the gubmint money printing press.

Some see the glass as half full....while others...well you know what camp you are in. Seriously, don't let life pass you by because you want to clutch your old comfy blanket of ideology.

Some see the glass as half full....while others...well you know what camp you are in. Seriously, don't let life pass you by because you want to clutch your old comfy blanket of ideology.
    Somebody still has a job and generous relatives, I see.

Well, you have the cats and your computer.

I'd suggest getting out and about. What the news is showing is 0.1% of the world. Go for a walk in your local park....go to your local Home Depot or Strip Mall....drive around and notice all the Amazon Delivery Trucks ...see your neighbors working in their yards....notice all the contractors remodeling houses and installing roofs.......the rest of the world is living their lives.

Hell, just get out of the "Padded Room" and look at all the other categories on TGR....Not everyone is a 24/7/365 Politics Whore.
    That made me laugh. Especially the politics part. There isn't a person who knows me IRL that would describe me as political in any way.

But this is the stock market thread. And if you think this market is rational, I've got a bridge for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Well, you have the cats and your computer.
    You're far from funny today. And I don't have cats. Everyone has a computer.

The TGR crowd should be happy today. A full 10% of the net gain in jobs last month across the entire American economy applies to this demographic. The future is shiny and white:

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/statu...89837421113344

Say ahhhhhhhhh... Now spit.

My condo parking lot is still fairly full on weekdays, therfore, people still arent working.
    Or their working from home

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    But this is the stock market thread. And if you think this market is rational, I've got a bridge for sale.
    Follow your convictions and buy SDS.

I think this should be the sticky.

Most people have jobs. If you really looked at the numbers you would know that.

Generous relatives? Define generous....yes they are great hosts at Christmas time, but no, we don't mail each other monthly checks for support if thats what you are implying.

Seriously ...why are you arguing and fighting me? I am just restating reality and giving you some nudges to look at things form a different angle.

Most people have jobs. If you really looked at the numbers you would know that.
    ~20 million fewer than February, highest unemployment in 50+ years. If you looked at the numbers you’d know that.

this shit is baffling, it’s like none of the things that mattered 4 months ago do now.

I think this should be the sticky.
    At this moment in time I can sell all the way to October 19 calls on HTZ, a bankrupt company with 21b of debt vs 1b of assets and get a meaningful return.

But I'm not going to step in front of this train

That made me laugh. Especially the politics part. There isn't a person who knows me IRL that would describe me as political in any way.

Doesn't matter if you THINK its irrational or not....it is what it is - its real money, people ARE making a market. Go back 100 pages on this thread and go back 100 pages on the Housing Market thread. People have been saying both are irrational since 2015-2016. After 5 years someone has to be wrong. I am gonna vote with reality rather than be on the outside looking in, but you can make your own choice.

PPP money hiring zombies. 30y yield at the very top of its recent range.

~20 million fewer than February, highest unemployment in 50+ years. If you looked at the numbers you’d know that.

this shit is baffling, it’s like none of the things that mattered 4 months ago do now.
    I know.

Amazing how that horrible man has dominated the story. He's so talented at that. He just went on TV and probably convinced millions that everything is OK.