Page 407 of 729 FirstFirst ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    At the bottom the minimum decline will be 79% below the 2020 highs." By april 30, the fed and congress have shot their wads now and governors are still talking about keeping things shut until may.
    You're giving me a boner man, stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

bull bear tracker site has the doom calls up:
    Search: Michael Markowski fraud

OH! You thought that bailout was just for you? Gotta put a little honey on top for the guy who's gonna sign it.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/bonanza-r...122407900.html

"SCPA’s April forecasts:

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Search: Michael Markowski fraud
    ^^^ This.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

even after crazy last month, Vail Resorts is still trading at 21 P/E wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    even after crazy last month, Vail Resorts is still trading at 21 P/E wtf
    The elites have just been saved with my and your money. Their playgrounds are safe from extinction.

SCPA’s long term forecast is for all eight of the global indices to bottom between September and November of 2022. At the bottom the minimum decline will be 79% below the 2020 highs."
    So, Dow 5900? Hm.

"SCPA’s April forecasts:
    100%- relief rally will peak by April 8, 2020
    100%- 2020 low will be breached by April 30, 2020
    SCPA’s long term forecast is for all eight of the global indices to bottom between September and November of 2022. At the bottom the minimum decline will be 79% below the 2020 highs."

now that 79% is just throwing something up and seeing if it sticks, but hard to argue that we will not hit new lows by april 30, the fed and congress have shot their wads now and governors are still talking about keeping things shut until may.
    There's a lot of times I have disagreed with you... but I keep seeing the movement of the market and asking myself "What the fuck is happening that I am not seeing?" and while I know I am a dumb motherfucker, I just can't get away from making the determination that this market has way more down to go.

edit: and I have bet accordingly. If I am wrong, I will definitely get taught a lesson.

Que that scene from Apocalypse Now.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...iter-1-2020-03

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    There's a lot of times I have disagreed with you... but I keep seeing the movement of the market and asking myself "What the fuck is happening that I am not seeing?" and while I know I am a dumb motherfucker, I just can't get away from making the determination that this market has way more down to go.

edit: and I have bet accordingly. If I am wrong, I will definitely get taught a lesson.
    Bear in mind that in the 2007/2008 market, it took quite a while for conditions on the ground (collapse of the mortgage industry) to actually greatly affect the market. Even after Bear Stearns got rescued in March 2008, the market stabilized and started climbing again. It took several more months before the real crash happened. But it had all been artificially propped up since 2007, when the mortgages started collapsing. So these things can take a while to play out. I am in your camp, I think we haven't seen the floor yet.

Add in that the actual human crisis isn't even half over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Add in that the actual human crisis isn't even half over.
    The consumer fiscal crisis is just picking up steam in China
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arted-in-china

I was all set to buy some ProShares inverse etf shares.. Then I find out today that Vanguard does not allow the purchase of inverse or leveraged etfs... At least not in the
    IRA accounts....damnit!
    Last edited by up an down; 03-29-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Bear in mind that in the 2007/2008 market, it took quite a while for conditions on the ground (collapse of the mortgage industry) to actually greatly affect the market. Even after Bear Stearns got rescued in March 2008, the market stabilized and started climbing again. It took several more months before the real crash happened. But it had all been artificially propped up since 2007, when the mortgages started collapsing. So these things can take a while to play out. I am in your camp, I think we haven't seen the floor yet.
    Name:  2008.JPG
Views: 452
Size:  55.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Putting all of our allocations into cash tomorrow. Lost 9% from the peak and i don't care if we make it back. At least I don't have to think about it anymore.

You and millions. Surprised futures are so relatively mellow down right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sub $20 oil is going to cause some weird things to happen.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Sub $20 oil is going to cause some weird things to happen.
    Think how cheap long haul flights will be! /S

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Think how cheap long haul flights will be! /S
    I do wonder if airlines are buying up bulk fuel right now while oil is cheap. That's what basically saved Southwest and positioned them to do pretty well in the last recession. They bought up massive amounts of cheap fuel before gas prices went through the roof. That could assist them in recovering from the upcoming financial crisis. Surely they'll get a bailout anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I do wonder if airlines are buying up bulk fuel right now while oil is cheap. That's what basically saved Southwest and positioned them to do pretty well in the last recession. They bought up massive amounts of cheap fuel before gas prices went through the roof. That could assist them in recovering from the upcoming financial crisis. Surely they'll get a bailout anyway.
    I work in the midstream storage space and the market is in a large contango. I can confirm that many of our customers (including several major airlines) are desperate to contract for additional storage capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    I work in the midstream storage space and the market is in a large contango. I can confirm that many of our customers (including several major airlines) are desperate to contract for additional storage capacity.
    Maybe we can finally find a good use for all the ugly above ground pools dotting the american countryside. Plus it would help homeowners generate some extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    I was all set to buy some ProShares inverse etf shares.. Then I find out today that Vanguard does not allow the purchase of inverse or leveraged etfs... At least not in the
    IRA accounts....damnit!

you could do what I did, sell some of your vanguard and send that money to some brokerage where you can buy those inverse etfs.

I currently have a leveraged inverse etf that covers or hedges my vanguard which is mostly long, so I at least am not losing,
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    trump just shut down the country for another month and Europe is shutting down all over for longer, it's going lower in april, just a matter of how much.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

you could do what I did, sell some of your vanguard and send that money to some brokerage where you can buy those inverse etfs.

I currently have a leveraged inverse etf that covers or hedges my vanguard which is mostly long, so I at least am not losing,
    Yes I could ..but.. The Vanguard $ is in my SEp IRA... I don't want to deal with the distribution taxes for another few years.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?