Page 587 of 729 FirstFirst ... 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... LastLast
Results 14,651 to 14,675 of 18214
    -addendum...beware the m2
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    COIN is making another leg up, I might sell some more at resistance $305ish?

You know it almost looks like a very simple channel, maybe I should trade it? Rebuy level around $250? Any opinions on the chart?
    Did you get to buy the dip on COIN today? Crypto blood bath!

I was fortunate enough to close quite a few RIOT and MARA calls that I thought were for sure gone during expiry the next two weeks. Will rinse and repeat when Crypto bounces back.

Not sure $GME is really trying at this point. 🤷🏻
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

CMPS up $2.23 in afterhours, can’t find any chatter on why. I’d lowered my daily bid to sell @$11.01 for the Dec 17 $40 call. Came close to hitting a few times in the last week, I thought hard about giving up that extra $50 cash to sell the call.

I upped my limit to 12.01 tonight, bet it sells first thing…

I don’t really care if the underlying goes crazy before the date, I’m still up a decent amount in a short time if that call sells. Even though my mind is mostly on my newly found land I ‘m still tryin’ to hustle this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Did you get to buy the dip on COIN today? Crypto blood bath!

I was fortunate enough to close quite a few RIOT and MARA calls that I thought were for sure gone during expiry the next two weeks. Will rinse and repeat when Crypto bounces back.
    I did not by the dip, I still have too much COIN, would like to sell some above $300 (in good profit) and then think about buying/trading it. But I see a confirmation of the bottom trend line of the channel, so that is interesting. I'll continue to watch.

As far as "bloodbath", btc went to the price it was at one week prior. Shrug. I'm just bummed it didn't wick a tiny bit lower so I could get some fills. Maybe another leg down, 38k would be marvelous.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    CMPS up $2.23 in afterhours, can’t find any chatter on why. I’d lowered my daily bid to sell @$11.01 for the Dec 17 $40 call. Came close to hitting a few times in the last week, I thought hard about giving up that extra $50 cash to sell the call.

I upped my limit to 12.01 tonight, bet it sells first thing…

I don’t really care if the underlying goes crazy before the date, I’m still up a decent amount in a short time if that call sells. Even though my mind is mostly on my newly found land I ‘m still tryin’ to hustle this shit.
    I sold the Nov. $40s today for $9.5 a pop. CB is well under $25 at this point. Wouldn't mind letting some fly away.

$COIN chart is a disaster on a gap lower Monday.

50% of SP500 stocks are down at least 10% from there high. Russell 2k is 90%. Probably just another rolling correction over after expiration

I pulled out all my profits to buy my Taylor Flats land. Have a bit of cash still in the account as a lot is looking to fall through.

Set an order to buy 100 shares of CRLBF at $8.00, it probably won’t fill but I’m going to try. I’m in 58 shares @$10.75, this’ll take my per price down quite a lot. I still like them as one of the best cannabis stocks. Also set an order to grab 100 shares pf BBBY at $23/per. I miss cashing in on options via that.

I’m looking to build out there in the spring and hope to do it with profit. I got the land for time spent/free, hoping my stock market money will contribute to the rest of it. I’ve realized that in between looking at wells, septics, and cabins I’m going to need to hustle to fund that shit.

Name:  1E5BB4C9-BF4F-4F22-95AA-17A04A6DBC01.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  95.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I pulled out all my profits to buy my Taylor Flats land. Have a bit of cash still in the account as a lot is looking to fall through.

Set an order to buy 100 shares of CRLBF at $8.00, it probably won’t fill but I’m going to try. I’m in 58 shares @$10.75, this’ll take my per price down quite a lot. I still like them as one of the best cannabis stocks. Also set an order to grab 100 shares pf BBBY at $23/per. I miss cashing in on options via that.

I’m looking to build out there in the spring and hope to do it with profit. I got the land for time spent/free, hoping my stock market money will contribute to the rest of it. I’ve realized that in between looking at wells, septics, and cabins I’m going to need to hustle to fund that shit.
    Well done Bob. You've played this well

Is the stock market going to tank?

Futures are getting hammered after the close. Could just be stops getting run below the low of the day on an expiration Friday. Still less than 3% off the ath
    Last edited by 4matic; 09-17-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Put a fork in this mkt. wake me when we are down 33% from highs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:  IMG_0366.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  84.2 KB

4373 is the august low on the monthly chart. A trade and close lower on the month would confirm a reversal.

Evergrande: Lehman Brothers V.2.0?

Discuss.

Interesting to see if CCP will allow the company to collapse, start some massive support to contain unrest (1 million customers have lost their money/properties ) or what?
    And interesting to see if BTC lives up to its hype and Chinese start to buy into that big time...or realise their holdings instead.

I have a hunch that rest of the week will be interesting, afaik Mo/Tue are bank holidays now in China, or?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post

Discuss.

Interesting to see if CCP will allow the company to collapse, start some massive support to contain unrest (1 million customers have lost their money/properties ) or what?
    And interesting to see if BTC lives up to its hype and Chinese start to buy into that big time...or realise their holdings instead.

I have a hunch that rest of the week will be interesting, afaik Mo/Tue are bank holidays now in China, or?
    https://twitter.com/Sooly_Kobayashi/...432348672?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post

Discuss.

I think CCP lets contagion spread for a bit to other markets before stepping in. Small global disruption is a goal, a la CVID 19...I know put Tin FOIL back on.

Is the stock market going to tank?

CCP has made it clear for a while they want to mitigate leverage and speculation. I doubt they have any sympathy for investors on this one. Their stock market has done nothing for a decade and most stock investors there have only known getting burned.

Let's see if Xi decides to go for a slow train wreck, or removes the bridge and lets the train go off the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    CCP has made it clear for a while they want to mitigate leverage and speculation. I doubt they have any sympathy for investors on this one. Their stock market has done nothing for a decade and most stock investors there have only known getting burned.
    Further down the line, banks with direct exposure to Evergrande, via the parent company, the property services group or its new energy business, are vulnerable to significant writedowns that could clip lending growth into the broader economy just as data begins to suggest a notable second-half slowdown in the world's biggest economy.

On top of that, the largest test China may face in an Evergrande collapse is the mettle of President Xi Jinping's 'common prosperity' ambitions and his ongoing effort to reign in corporate profiteering across some of the country's biggest business sectors, including property, which he has famously said must be for "living, not speculating".
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

China seems to be in a secular shift away from unbridled capitalism. They made an example out of Jack Ma and several dozen other tech and education billionaires.

They seem to be focused on turning to a more productive, less speculative economy rooted in Han Chinese culture and language. See: recent clamp down on gaming, splitting up Alibaba, shutting down tens of billions of dollars of English language schools, increase in nationalism, suppression of anything internal that isn't Han.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't let the contagion spread across portions of their economy so they could kill of whatever Xi thinks is undesirable and buy up whatever the CCP wants at discounted prices.

It certainly doesn't make sense for shitty, empty condos in second and third tier Chinese cities to be valued at the same price per square foot as Manhattan or London, but thats what things have gotten to in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    China seems to be in a secular shift away from unbridled capitalism. They made an example out of Jack Ma and several dozen other tech and education billionaires.

They seem to be focused on turning to a more productive, less speculative economy rooted in Han Chinese culture and language. See: recent clamp down on gaming, splitting up Alibaba, shutting down tens of billions of dollars of English language schools, increase in nationalism, suppression of anything internal that isn't Han.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't let the contagion spread across portions of their economy so they could kill of whatever Xi thinks is undesirable and buy up whatever the CCP wants at discounted prices.

It certainly doesn't make sense for shitty, empty condos in second and third tier Chinese cities to be valued at the same price per square foot as Manhattan or London, but thats what things have gotten to in some cases.
    Last biz trip to Shanghai pre-COVID that was the consensus of our biz contacts. There was a lot of very conspicuous displays of wealth in that city. Was not a good image for the CCP to have party members and family flaunting it.

So wouldn't be surprised to see Xi continue with that clamping down on the corruption and ostentatious displays of wealth. No doubt wealthy Chinese are trying to figure out how to get cash out of the country.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

My GF owns a condo outside Guangzhou. It’s really nice in a beautiful development. She’s owned it for 15 years and would barely break even if she could sell it at all.

I guess it’s how you look at carpet bagging. Chrysler, GM, AIG for example. Allowing hedge funds and PE to buy 100’s of thousands of homes that affects affordability and supply. Allowing illegal business’s like Uber and Airbnb to thrive at the expense of legacy small business. Allowing tech to predate with addictive technology and privacy invasion.

You guys think more dumping tomorrow? Maybe I will do a little buying but wait another day.
    Henry David Thoreau

As long as there’s not large percentage declines in the high pe and meme stocks it’s probably corrective. That said, a 10% decline is still a long way down and so is the 200 day ma.