Page 557 of 729 FirstFirst ... 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,925 of 18218
    Sold a CSP on QS which is down on a short report. I was last long QS at 50s selling at 60 and was short from 90 to 60s. The short report alleges scam which I find a tough to believe based on counter DD from Gates and other investors

Strange one today...Had $24.89 and $25.89 CSP on RKT expiring tomorrow. Deep ITM at this point. Somehow was still green and able to close for a paltry 20%, but I was not excited about getting assigned another few hundred shares. Weird...

ETA...took capital from closing RKT and Sold a handful each of $40P RIOT late May and $35P MARA late May.
    Last edited by CovertM; 04-15-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Srs. Any advice on how to not let previous mistakes get in the way of future gains? I'm in my late 20s
    My advice.. don't think you are an amazing investor because you made money in the last year. It was almost impossible to lose money in the last year, unless you were completely retarded. Hell you could have plonked all your money in an index fund a little over a year ago and almost doubled your entire portfolio. I don't think there's ever been a time in history where the broader market has delivered 95% gains in 12 months. This is literally as good as it gets, and as good as it's ever been. Even from the depths of the 2009 lows, it took three years to get to this point, relatively speaking.

Soooooo... just keep that in mind.

Bought some TSP today for my what will eventually be my kid's account so it's LTH. Will buy more on any appreciable drop.

Delis. That's the future. Not tech, or even plastics. Delis.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/ther...ck-market.html

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    Hell you could have plonked all your money in an index fund a little over a year ago and almost doubled your entire portfolio. I don't think there's ever been a time in history where the broader market has delivered 95% gains in 12 months.
    Assuming that you held cash and bought the dip? Or assuming that you held through the last few years?

Why are so many companies and people still holding so much cash? (is that even true?*) What will convince them to put it in some sort of investment?

* Was just reading in the Globe and Mail that companies are in a very much excess cash reserves situation. and that big investors are all very conservative right now.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Assuming that you held cash and bought the dip? Or assuming that you held through the last few years?

Why are so many companies and people still holding so much cash? (is that even true?*) What will convince them to put it in some sort of investment?

* Was just reading in the Globe and Mail that companies are in a very much excess cash reserves situation. and that big investors are all very conservative right now.

I am just beginning my retirement so I had cash to protect against a huge drop in the market. I did buy on the covid dip and am now slowly getting funds invested. The last year has changed my portfolio closer to my target allocation mostly on its own. I believe the reluctance to invest in stocks is many felt a correction was imminent, but basically never came and we still have a long way to go w c19.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post

Assuming nothing, the S&P, Dow, Nasdaq have gained 90-110% over the last 13 months. It is what it is. It has never been easier to make money in the stock market than the last year or so.. when this kind of thing happens, young investors often think they're amazing.. this is easy! It's like someone going to Vegas and hitting black jack on their first three hands. Blackjack is easy!

My advice was to simply not get overconfident, this is a market where everyone and their dog is winning. It won't always be the case
    Last edited by grapedrink; 04-16-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    I am just beginning my retirement so I had cash to protect against a huge drop in the market. I did buy on the covid dip and am now slowly getting funds invested. The last year has changed my portfolio closer to my target allocation mostly on its own. I believe the reluctance to invest in stocks is many felt a correction was imminent, but basically never came and we still have a long way to go w c19.
    Congrats on buying the dip! I had the opportunity but went the safer (retarded) route and now eat my lost opportunity on that one. I'm quite surprised at the irrationality of the markets. But it is what it is and timing it is futile (as I am slowly learning!).

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    Assuming nothing, the S&P, Dow, Nasdaq have gained 90-110% over the last 13 months. It is what it is. It has never been easier to make money in the stock market than the last year or so.. when this kind of thing happens, young investors often think they're amazing.. this is easy! It's like someone going to Vegas and hitting black jack on their first three hands. Blackjack is easy!

My advice was to simply not get overconfident, this is a market where everyone and their dog is winning. It won't always be the case
    In 5 years we will look back. Will it return to mean? What is coming we can't see. In investing, the long game counts.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Am I really the only one interested in the gme share recall? Citadel shredding at 4am on a sunday morning... The drama is so freaking amazing. BTC took a monster dump and maybe trads going on sale this week too. I am ready with my dry powder.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Am I really the only one interested in the gme share recall? Citadel shredding at 4am on a sunday morning... The drama is so freaking amazing. BTC took a monster dump and maybe trads going on sale this week too. I am ready with my dry powder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8ce2b9f.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	371913

Haha, but no. Spike in cell phone/human activity as measured by the all seeing eye of google gps.

edit - also confirmed as abnormal activity by hotel employees in the vicinity.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Name:  3v1vfug9uvt61.png
Views: 544
Size:  78.9 KB
    Name:  xweobp9tgwt61 (1).jpg
Views: 524
Size:  95.2 KB
    Henry David Thoreau

OMG, what if it was the feds doing a raid, just as GG is taking over?! Ah sweet justice! I guess I've watched that White Collar show too many times, but I can dream.
    Henry David Thoreau

What does it mean tho?

EDIT: OK, just read the rumor of treasury charging financial institutions with money laundering using crypto.

Could this just be an internet rumor? yes.
    Could it be true? yes.

I will say the quick and sudden boom in crypto and NFTs has money laundering written all over it.

If true, it can mean stocks go down - back up the truck. NFA
    Henry David Thoreau

DFV doubled down on GME

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...m_source=share

On my GME shares selling 20 delta covered calls I make 3% weekly. On 10 delta you can still make 1% weekly

DFV could hodl all that GME, sell the 420C March and get $4.50 per contract. Even if he just sold calls on half his position it would be $40,500 per month. Tip of the hat to that guy.
    Last edited by LeeLau; 04-18-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Memes are now the leading source of alpha

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Memes are now the leading source of alpha
    Correlated to

Just put down a chunk towards travel/live music and related stocks.
    Wish me luck.
    Thinking longer term. (2 years?)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Not much bounce in ARKK after a big sell off. TSLA needs to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just put down a chunk towards travel/live music and related stocks.
    Wish me luck.
    Thinking longer term. (2 years?)
    What’d you put it in?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Not much bounce in ARKK after a big sell off. TSLA needs to hold.
    Really hoping this is just the beginning of a massive dump. Fingers crossed and orders ready. I did buy COIN but I want more ARKK.
    Henry David Thoreau

I rolled my MARA CSPs down and out a few weeks after taking assignment on one last week. Sold a CC on that when it was on the upswing this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bought another COIN, cost basis going down.
    Henry David Thoreau