Page 305 of 729 FirstFirst ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 18218
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    2y notes still offer decent yield

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My parents said they just received an offer of %4 on a savings account, $50k maximum from their local credit union. Seems too good to be true, I’ll check it out more but how can they be offering that much over treasury?

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    My parents said they just received an offer of %4 on a savings account, $50k maximum from their local credit union. Seems too good to be true, I’ll check it out more but how can they be offering that much over treasury?
    Money market acct? I’m getting 3.14 at Merrill which thought was pretty good. Acts like checking acct.
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 06-21-2019 at 11:29 AM.

What credit union? I've heard of rewards checking accounts offering high yields, but you have to make X number of debit card purchases per month and have direct deposit.

A Colorado judgement lien on real estate will net 8% a year. Granted you need to foreclose, or wait for a sale, but that's easy and can't be beat. I'm just waiting for all the evil cunts who haven't paid me to cry when they or their family goes to sell, or I decide to get feisty.

Sounds like a brokerage deal, no?

I dumped some cash into Wealthfronts savings plan. It just bumped up to 2.51. I'm holding it there to pay college stuff.

France 10Y turned negative yield today. US back below 2%.

Jeff Bezos has made $17.4 million dollars a day, everyday, for the last 25 years.

So what is "the" gauge for Mutual Funds these days? is it still morningstar ratings? are there other metrics for finding good funds?
    "Can't you see..."

WSJ:

"In America, older workers have been responsible for just about all of the net employment expansion over the last recovery. From 2007 to 2018, the number of prime-age employees has grown by a mere 300,000--that is, by +0.3%."

Geezers rejoining the work force

WSJ:

"In America, older workers have been responsible for just about all of the net employment expansion over the last recovery. From 2007 to 2018, the number of prime-age employees has grown by a mere 300,000--that is, by +0.3%."

Geezers rejoining the work force
    Or maybe people 54-60 who got pink slipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    So what is "the" gauge for Mutual Funds these days? is it still morningstar ratings? are there other metrics for finding good funds?
    Haven't you heard? No one is buying mutual funds anymore. It's been proven countless times that it is impossible to beat the market consistently, so index funds and low cost ETFs have taken over. VTSAX is a great option if you are looking for exposure to US equities. VBTLX for US bond market and VTWSX for international equities.

WeWork Co-Founder Has Cashed Out at Least $700 Million Via Sales, Loans - WSJ

God bless. Should’ve pulled twice that amount out.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

groupon 2.0

PNTV coming back from the dead.. ran from just under .02 a month ago up to close at .0574 today. 52 week high is .083. All with a stop sign and no big official news. But they finally outsourced grow ops to some dudes who actually know what they are doing, and are posting IG pics of the early build stages in Argentina.

France 10Y turned negative yield today. US back below 2%.
    How does that even work? You invest $110 to get $100 back? That can't be a good sign.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by tripice351 View Post
    PNTV coming back from the dead.. ran from just under .02 a month ago up to close at .0574 today. 52 week high is .083. All with a stop sign and no big official news. But they finally outsourced grow ops to some dudes who actually know what they are doing, and are posting IG pics of the early build stages in Argentina.
    God, was I glad I got out at .22. My gf didn't sell and is sitting on a shitload, determined it would go back up. This will make her happy. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Argentina grow move. If they can ship it out, then yes, it's a good move with exchange rate @ 1:26 or so.

I just caught this headline. Beyond meat is beyond reality.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/26/beyo...-investor.html

I read in the, Is This Place Losing Its Experts?, thread that there were bond fund experts, I have many questions

I know a little bit bout’ bonds and funds. I own several and have traded many others.

I have a SEP mutual fund, with the market being on an (unsustainable) upswing I wanted to take some of the mutual funds and buy Bond funds for a more secure and stable investment. When I started researching the funds, within The Capitol Group, American Funds, I see there's even a fair amount of risk in Bond funds. I thought bonds were super stable, dopes the fact it's in a fund and not a stand alone bond change the volatility? Is it a good investment to move a SEP to Bond fund?

The experts know more, but in a nutshell: you're thinking of bonds, not bond funds. Funds go up and down with the market value of their bonds, whereas if you buy a bond and think only about the promised payout (on the day you bought it) you can hold it to maturity for the expected stability.

Per Bromo: treasuries and chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    WeWork Co-Founder Has Cashed Out at Least $700 Million Via Sales, Loans - WSJ

God bless. Should’ve pulled twice that amount out.
    Out of thin air. Alchemists.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I have a SEP mutual fund, with the market being on an (unsustainable) upswing I wanted to take some of the mutual funds and buy Bond funds for a more secure and stable investment. When I started researching the funds, within The Capitol Group, American Funds, I see there's even a fair amount of risk in Bond funds. I thought bonds were super stable, dopes the fact it's in a fund and not a stand alone bond change the volatility? Is it a good investment to move a SEP to Bond fund?
    Bond funds generally have a stable duration which is basically the average maturity of the bond. For example BND has an average duration of 6 years and an average maturity of 8 years. The managers will continue to buy bonds as others mature and roll off so the maturity and duration will largely always be the same meaning your fund never matures. Because of that the value of the fund will fluctuate daily roughly the amount of the average duration bond in the portfolio:

BND:

Characteristics
    as of 06/30/2019

Number of bonds

Average effective maturity
    8.2 years

Average duration
    6.0 years

Yield to maturity
    2.5%

The advantage to a bond fund is liquidity, active management, and constant duration with an element of laddering. The problem is you will always have principle risk as you own the fund because if never matures. Bond funds generally fluctuate less than individual bonds on a daily basis because of the blended maturity. The also pay dividends monthly.

Advantage to Individual bonds is they are less risky for principal in that if you hold them to term you get all your money back. The disadvantage to individual bonds is liquidity, expense (sometimes), and your duration expires so you have to find a substitute when the bonds expire.

So bond funds have an element of equity risk in their fluctuating principal.

Also, you can get bond funds that use leverage. They are quite common. When you use leverage you obviously increase yield but also increase principal risk and volatility.

Tomorrow we see how the markets react when the Uber decade ends.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.