Page 505 of 729 FirstFirst ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,625 of 18222
    One thing I read about options is that it is a zero sum game that you play against other players. Whenever you buy an option, there is someone else on the other side that is selling you that option. If you win, he loses, and vice-versa.

It also matters a lot what kind of deal you can make, so you have to be able to recognize good deals and bad deals. Chances are, the guys you are up against when trading options are sharks who are very good at assessing good and bad deals.

I think it’s probably OK to dabble with options, but I’d be careful to limit your exposure to something you’re comfortable with losing completely.

Sold covered calls against GME. Dec 18 calls returns 12% over 20 days.

Bought more NKLA puts. Shorted some premarket on GM news.

Shorted more FCEL on the open.

Sold all KCAC ( now converted to QS) on open. May re buy in the 30s but it went too far too soon

What's up with Li Ion battery makers and Li stocks this morning? A bunch of them are up big time, some 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    What's up with Li Ion battery makers and Li stocks this morning? A bunch of them are up big time, some 70%.
    Of the battery makers I only followed QS and they were solid state. Not sure. Pretty much the entire sector has been frothy

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SrZhY3k55jtckzzC9 This is what I was talking about. I've been holding onto this for a while for no really great reason other than I think it has potential and I was able to make some money as it bounced around over the last year or so. I still have a few hundred shares after buying and selling this one for a while now so today was a good day. Anyway... this increase and one of the others along the bottom happened around that industry today so I finally made a few bucks on lithium.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Sold covered calls against GME. Dec 18 calls returns 12% over 20 days.

Bought more NKLA puts. Shorted some premarket on GM news.

Shorted more FCEL on the open.

Sold all KCAC ( now converted to QS) on open. May re buy in the 30s but it went too far too soon
    Shorted more NKLA. Covered that in the low 17s.

Shorted more FCEL.

Bought a bit more GME on dip to 16s.

Bull call spread for WORK pending possible CRM buyout

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Shorted more NKLA. Covered that in the low 17s.
    Am I wrong or does NKLA have nothing other than some talented videographers and digital artists?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Am I wrong or does NKLA have nothing other than some talented videographers and digital artists?
    It has a cult of true believers of which I am wary. Therefore I always hedge any NKLA short. There's also a plan to sign up a H2 network provider partner by end of year. I'd imagine that will be spun as a positive so I'm inclined to take profits and reposition

They may have a few semi-talented over paid engineers too. But, I think they are going to have a lot of work to do, along with spending a ton of dough they don't have to produce an actual electric vehicle that works.

Was talking with a supplier who has been to their AZ facility. Says it's a pretty cool place, but more style than substance. Easier to con the rubes into investing, I guess.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

FCEL proposing a ATM offering with 15% dilution, warned on revenues and is down 15% afterhours. Shorted more. Looks like short calls will expire worthless on them too.

WKHS down 22% afterhours on news that USPS vehicle contract delayed again. Also shorted more. Ditto re short calls.

Never go ATM.

Saw that happen when they announced, watched it fall and seemed to stabilize around the 7.50ish. If it drops below 6.50 tomorrow I’m gonna take my cash out of it and see what happens.

Grabbed 100 shares of GE yesterday at the lowest part of the day, usually I overpay but I felt pretty good on that one. Got in at 10.01.

Got hit on XOM yesterday, I’m used to having 100 shares of things, having 300 amplifies movements. Clawed back a little today, although I’m mentally ready for another dip as oil inventories are building up again.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Saw that happen when they announced, watched it fall and seemed to stabilize around the 7.50ish. If it drops below 6.50 tomorrow I’m gonna take my cash out of it and see what happens.

Grabbed 100 shares of GE yesterday at the lowest part of the day, usually I overpay but I felt pretty good on that one. Got in at 10.01.

Got hit on XOM yesterday, I’m used to having 100 shares of things, having 300 amplifies movements. Clawed back a little today, although I’m mentally ready for another dip as oil inventories are building up again.
    I've got more shares of GE than I'd care to admit to but thankfully I am up 4% overall. Gotta love chasing stocks down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Never go ATM.
    LMAO!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

The semi's are still moving forward (supposedly) with sting to begin in Germany 1h21. Take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    The semi's are still moving forward (supposedly) with sting to begin in Germany 1h21. Take that with a grain of salt.
    The question is do they move forward only on roads that are downhill?

The top stocks over the past thirty years. If you had the balls to buy and hold.

https://compoundadvisors.com/2020/th...-last-30-years

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The top stocks over the past thirty years. If you had the balls to buy and hold.

Some surprises. Own #1 and #23. Started DCA on #30.

Covered FCEL IVR today in the morning on the downward plummet. Just reshorted FCEL on its dead cat

Interesting article title. Some of those stocks haven't been around 30 years. I guess the author was doing some time traveling when he wrote it.

Wow, Lowe’s and Best Buy, among others, are surprising

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Wow, Lowe’s and Best Buy, among others, are surprising
    Walgreens was also one of the best stocks in the first internet bubble of the 90s. Go figure.

Monster Beverage Corp is #2 after Amazon?

I still have $750 of my latest deposit not in the market. Been looking around at things to put it in. Figured I'd join some Facebook groups to see if I could find any ideas there. Joined a Robinhood group, now I'll admit I'm still pretty clueless about this stuff, but holy hell! What a bunch of fucking morons! It's like the episode of friends where Monica decided to delve into stock trading. People making trades off of ticker symbols, people making options trades and putting up screenshots of them wondering what they'd just did.

Nice pop on oil today, made back almost all of my losses on XOM and now solidly in the green on CLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Mind you, I'm not saying the DJIA goes below 12k, which, may I remind you, was where it was NOT that long ago.

I'm just asking if 13.5 looks crazy right now.
    the first 2 pages of this made me laugh as it is a few of us making jokes. ^ is May 2007 closed today at more than double that "crazy" number, 29,883.79

OK, back to shorting your pants

A bit Polyass, but this dude trades like a day trader.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...out&li=BBnb7Kz

According to the New York Times, Perdue’s trades have accounted for almost a third of all Senate trades over the past six years. Notably, as a member of the Senate’s subcommittee on cybersecurity, he bought and sold shares of FireEye a malware-detection company, dozens of times.

Almost half of Perdue’s 61 total FireEye trades were executed while he was in a position that could have potentially provided him with relevant nonpublic information, the Times reported.

But it doesn’t end there. In fact, Perdue has a long history of apparently prescient stock trades that have been called into question.

Data compiled by Senate Stock Watcher shows that Perdue made 2,596 trades over his six-year term, which just about equals the combined trading volume of the next five most active traders in the Senate. On some days, Perdue would execute more than 20 trades in a single session.

Perdue also raised eyebrows last week when it was revealed that, as word spread through Congress on Jan. 23 that the coronavirus posed a major threat, he sold off $1 million to $5 million in Cardlytics shares Soon after, shares of the Atlanta-based data-analytics company, whose platform connects marketers with banking and credit-card clients, plunged.