Page 446 of 729 FirstFirst ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    rich people are feeling good?

Attachment 327090
    Feels institutional ... although the venn overlaps with rich obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What?
    Outbreaks that can effect the safety of air travel happen pretty frequently and very large ones in about 1% of years. Black swans happen. Investors continue to demonstrate humanity's general incompetence at managing low probability/high cost risks.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I’m all in on hertz, jay crew, gap and Norwegian cruise lines. Should I be nervous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Said in jest, but I wonder how many companies will file bankruptcy over the next 6-12 months to restructure debt, leases, etc. So many of these companies are debt, fueled dead man walking that I would imagine they'll use the virus as cover to clean up the books.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Who in the hell is propping up this market and what is their relationship to Donnie?
    His name is Vlad Putin, and they are business partners in an off-shore tax shelter LLP.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Where’s the beef?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    Said in jest, but I wonder how many companies will file bankruptcy over the next 6-12 months to restructure debt, leases, etc. So many of these companies are debt, fueled dead man walking that I would imagine they'll use the virus as cover to clean up the books.
    I couldn’t believe j crew had 1.6 billion in debt. That’s a lot of sweaters and khakis to sell every month. Crazy

I couldn’t believe j crew had 1.6 billion in debt. That’s a lot of sweaters and khakis to sell every month. Crazy

TPG had to milk it for all it was worth. Take out debt to pay dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Because he’s not stuck buying stocks, he’s waiting for something like the BofA preferred deal he did to get handed to him.
    Well, yeah, he did make a nice chunk of change lending to Goldman in 08.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Outbreaks that can effect the safety of air travel happen pretty frequently and very large ones in about 1% of years. Black swans happen. Investors continue to demonstrate humanity's general incompetence at managing low probability/high cost risks.
    Really. You were prepared for this? How the fuck could you be. If you invested with an event like this in mind, you'd be poor. Hiding in cash. Nice 20 20 vision there, son. There's a lot of that going around.

No, that's the private equity game raping the American economy to build 50,000 sq ft. Party houses in the Hamptons .

No, that's the private equity game raping the American economy to build 50,000 sq ft. Party houses in the Hamptons .
    I fully understand that. The day they were straddled with that debt, was the day they were dead. They just did't know it yet.

Who in the hell is propping up this market and what is their relationship to Donnie?
    Fed dosing the credit markets, no reasons to hold t-bills unless institutionally mandated. It's cash vs. equities. Although I don't believe the market has accurately gauged the slow CAPEX recovery due to deteriorating balance sheets. 408BB debt raised by U.S. companies in March, China's PMI dropped in April showing even the robust recoveries aren't all they seem. The economic story is far from penned.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Really. You were prepared for this? How the fuck could you be.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ha! So true and infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    Fed dosing the credit markets, no reasons to hold t-bills unless institutionally mandated. It's cash vs. equities. Although I don't believe the market has accurately gauged the slow CAPEX recovery due to deteriorating balance sheets. 408BB debt raised by U.S. companies in March, China's PMI dropped in April showing even the robust recoveries aren't all they seem. The economic story is far from penned.
    How about in Engrish for the financially illiterate ...

Pretend consumers are drug addicts.

Along comes the Fed driving a Cadillac with a 1000W sound system cranking "Hip Hop Hooray" and cruising the neighborhood, selling meth. Things are good at first and people are buying. One day the Fed notices nobody is buying meth at the old prices because the hardcore addicts died and the ones with jobs lost them.

"We gotta lower the prices and we'll get more customers" says the Fed chairman. "Shit yeah," agree all the regional governors.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    From what I've seen in the polls, the uber douche, Doug Collins is kicking her A to the double S by over 30 points or something like that in the Repub primary in GA.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Fed announced a month or so back that they would step in and buy high yield bonds. This dampens the credit markets for players like Buffett et al. as they don't have the leverage to extort high coupon payments.

https://www.etfstrategy.com/federal-...ld-etfs-94578/

Due to low interest rates on U.S. govt's, as well as worldwide govt. bonds, there is no reason to hold that asset class unless you are a pension fund which will hold bonds, especially if net inflows are projected (more people contributing then withdrawing). Shrinking returns for both ends of the bond market will push money managers and other institutional players toward stocks. Money managers face the risk of impatient investors if they hold 10%+ cash and miss out on a rally, so they have to put their money to work somewhere. Buffett's history of success precludes him from this dilemma.

The fed's solution addresses liquidity - a short-term cash flow issue that prevents maintaining debt obligations. The problem is no one knows how far away the other side is and to what degree it will resemble the economy as we knew it. My concern is the other side is further away and less rosy than the market suggests. Increasing debt loads relative to revenues (assuming revenues decline 2019 to 2021 as debt loads rise) will hamper business investment and rehiring, and ultimately shrink the number of companies that will have access to the credit market to address their liquidity problems. 2021 will be interesting as a lot of high yield debt matures in the face of (likely) moribund cash flow.

https://www.spglobal.com/marketintel...-is-high-yield

Hard to pay your creditors if you can't sell baconators.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/busin...age/index.html
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Quote Originally Posted by the propagandist formerly monikered brostoyevski View Post
    Or bonds keep moving up, UST holders get paid (again), gold outperforms (again), SPX disappoint (again) and fed jawboning of HY market comes to be seen for what it is: sentiment manipulation, not real purchases of HY issues.
    That's what I'm betting on. I'm set to at least do OK baring everything but a significant rise in interest rates.

Really. You were prepared for this? How the fuck could you be. If you invested with an event like this in mind, you'd be poor. Hiding in cash. Nice 20 20 vision there, son. There's a lot of that going around.
    Bears make money too, Benny. Surprised you haven't figured out how to take that approach, actually, it seems like a better fit for you.

Bears make money too, Benny. Surprised you haven't figured out how to take that approach, actually, it seems like a better fit for you.
    Ok, you just slipped into a strange form of dick swinging asshole who doesn't know what the fuck you're saying. Bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    Fed announced a month or so back that they would step in and buy high yield bonds. This dampens the credit markets for players like Buffett et al. as they don't have the leverage to extort high coupon payments.

https://www.etfstrategy.com/federal-...ld-etfs-94578/

Due to low interest rates on U.S. govt's, as well as worldwide govt. bonds, there is no reason to hold that asset class unless you are a pension fund which will hold bonds, especially if net inflows are projected (more people contributing then withdrawing). Shrinking returns for both ends of the bond market will push money managers and other institutional players toward stocks. Money managers face the risk of impatient investors if they hold 10%+ cash and miss out on a rally, so they have to put their money to work somewhere. Buffett's history of success precludes him from this dilemma.

The fed's solution addresses liquidity - a short-term cash flow issue that prevents maintaining debt obligations. The problem is no one knows how far away the other side is and to what degree it will resemble the economy as we knew it. My concern is the other side is further away and less rosy than the market suggests. Increasing debt loads relative to revenues (assuming revenues decline 2019 to 2021 as debt loads rise) will hamper business investment and rehiring, and ultimately shrink the number of companies that will have access to the credit market to address their liquidity problems. 2021 will be interesting as a lot of high yield debt matures in the face of (likely) moribund cash flow.

https://www.spglobal.com/marketintel...-is-high-yield

Hard to pay your creditors if you can't sell baconators.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/busin...age/index.html
    You clearly don't speak jive like Timber. But I did got the baconator reference. Kudos.

Ok, you just slipped into a strange form of dick swinging asshole who doesn't know what the fuck you're saying. Bye bye.
    Don't be stupid. I'm not dick swinging. In this very thread are many strategies and each one is going to respond differently. You said no one could see this coming to the airlines. But like most risks it was foreseen by some and ignored by others. As if they expected to live out their whole lives without ever encountering a once-per-century event. Risk management failure is why we're in this mess. If more people got that maybe we wouldn't be. But by all means, keep up the name-calling. Down with intelligence. Long live death. (That's sarcasm, by the way. You're welcome, boomer.)

Don't be stupid. I'm not dick swinging. In this very thread are many strategies and each one is going to respond differently. You said no one could see this coming to the airlines. But like most risks it was foreseen by some and ignored by others. As if they expected to live out their whole lives without ever encountering a once-per-century event. Risk management failure is why we're in this mess. If more people got that maybe we wouldn't be. But by all means, keep up the name-calling. Down with intelligence. Long live death. (That's sarcasm, by the way. You're welcome, boomer.)
    Ok, since you persist, how would you manage a risk like this, an event that more than one Nobel winner in economics has said that there is no, zero, model for in history?

you may or not plan for this risk, but you plan based on the probability that something will happen that will suck.

cash flow management is not a new thing. much of america tryna live without plan b both corporate and non.