Page 427 of 729 FirstFirst ... 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,675 of 18222
    I know a couple who did one of them with bikes on board, and they would hop off and get some exercise cruising around. Now, that sorta sounds ok to me, I guess, but still way too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I’ve been pretty broke my entire life, used a meager 401k account to move to Utah years ago, been living on fumes for the years since. Started a business and then got fucked by letting in the wrong tenant.

Gained a bit of cash lately via Christmas gifts from equally middle class Mom. 2k into an Ameritrade account and I’m off to the races! I’m figuring on investing it into stuff I like, as in stuff I do. Bought 100 shares of Carnival last night at $12.00, slightly up today, probably more than I made at work. Thought about throwing the rest of it at RCL or NCL but decided to buy 100 shares of Camping World instead.

I’m hoping to buy stuff battered by the covids that I think will come back. I read a lot of cruising forums and pages, I’m not seeing a drop off in enthusiasm for cruising, most folks are rescheduling their cruises and the lines are being proactive. Anything travel related will take a while but you have to believe we’ll get back to normal eventually, I’m hoping I can turn my 2k into a vacation in a few years, .
    buying anything here is risky imo, especially cruise lines that may not be able to operate until 2021.

imo, the economic fallout has just begun. companies all over the world will take this opportunity to automate even more jobs and so many countries that had things made in china and anywhere overseas will be pulling them back local if they are essential as people will demand it and that will raise prices on so many things and that will take years to work out. it certainly looks like this is about to make 2008 look like a walk in the park.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Modern law enforcement, police, was born to control the factory workers. Lots of interesting history.
    Granted. Podunk Longview, WA isn't equipped for these types of situations either. But the ILWU is not averse to using the threat of violence or actually employing that tactic.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Grandparents just had to hang it up at 85 or so after going on 4x cruises a year for 20 years of retirement. They had to drop about 20k a year on that.

You know they brought photos to the family events. Not going to lie, I kinda liked the idea of a euro river cruise, they looked the coolest and the least crowded/most relaxing.
    The parents have done 1 or 2 of the river cruises, one of with was Moscow-to-St. Petersburg. They never cared to the open-water cruises. While I hate the idea of being on a boat with 50+ other people, hearing about their river cruise is the only time I've been somewhat interested. Still prefer renting a car.

I would think that you're still dealing with a lot of pollution and/or remnants of pollution. At least the ocean waters are a lot cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by the propagandist formerly monikered brostoyevski View Post
    My friend works for a division within ABB. They just announced a mandatory 2-week furlough over the next two months for well over a 1000 employees.

Other peers in my industry are seeing a 40-50% reduction in sales.

Lucky if we see a resemblance of normality by July? And realistically, September to be feeling "ok", but not super confident.

I know some euro river cruisers. They said it was really slow moving.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You can't fix stupid.
    You actually can't. It's such an obvious statement, but I think some people who have intelligence kind of abuse that statement. In any event, I think there's some serious pent up demand by American's to go out and do stuff when the virus is not so prevalent. (If that actually even occurs this year.)

I suspect the amusement parks, national parks and other vacation hot spots will be inundated with people. And if there's a 2nd wave of COVID-19, o COVID-20 or whatever virus comes a knocking, then so be it.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I suspect the amusement parks, national parks and other vacation hot spots will be inundated with people. And if there's a 2nd wave of COVID-19, o COVID-20 or whatever virus comes a knocking, then so be it.
    I think this is correct, but what’s going to happen when they get there and half of the small bizs are closed and the other half are barely moving? Or even the big bizs
    All Xanterra operations in Yellowstone are being suspended from Friday, March 20 – through Thursday, May 21 due to concerns surrounding COVID-19. We have paused hiring for summer 2020. Thank you for your interest in Yellowstone jobs, and we look forward to discussing job opportunities soon!
    Bolding mine. reopening ain’t flicking a switch. Yes, there are tons of service people currently out of work.

You actually can't. It's such an obvious statement, but I think some people who have intelligence kind of abuse that statement. In any event, I think there's some serious pent up demand by American's to go out and do stuff when the virus is not so prevalent. (If that actually even occurs this year.)

Tried to get long some SIX ( amusement parks paying dividends). Missed it .. for now

That "paused" is going to turn into canceled.

other than an initial pop from those wanting to get out, I doubt it. will probably take a month to know what the drop in travel is but would not be surprised to see a 50% drop for next summer, this summer is already a lost cause.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

This just came in my email box. Later suckers! I'm gunna put all of it in to the market and retire early!!!

Hello,

You have been selected to be a benefactor of $3,500,000.00 USD on the
    Bettencourt Charity donation.

Respond by saying "YES I WANT TO PROCEED" If you intend to proceed with
    the funds transfer process

With love,
    Françoise Bettencourt Meyers.

Check out Bioanal on the ticker.

This just came in my email box. Later suckers! I'm gunna put all of it in to the market and retire early!!!

Hello,

You have been selected to be a benefactor of $3,500,000.00 USD on the
    Bettencourt Charity donation.

Respond by saying "YES I WANT TO PROCEED" If you intend to proceed with
    the funds transfer process

With love,
    Françoise Bettencourt Meyers.
    That's a lot of money. Like 500 thousand three million thousand.

Is that more or less than the COVID tests Trump is claiming?

“We've performed 1.87 million tests to date. So that's 1 million, 870 thousand million tests."

I love all the articles I see these days. They range from:
    This is the bottom of the market, this is not the bottom
    Bull!/Bear!
    Long term recession/short term recession
    Housing market is on it's deathbed/get ready for the housing boom!
    Covid is cured/Covid is going to last 2 more years

It is like everyone is predicting the extremes to get clicks and readers, and then one day they'll either be saying "I told you so" or say nothing because they are on to predicting the next big scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I love all the articles I see these days. They range from:
    This is the bottom of the market, this is not the bottom
    Bull!/Bear!
    Long term recession/short term recession
    Housing market is on it's deathbed/get ready for the housing boom!
    Covid is cured/Covid is going to last 2 more years

It is like everyone is predicting the extremes to get clicks and readers, and then one day they'll either be saying "I told you so" or say nothing because they are on to predicting the next big scenario.

Errrr... that’s kinda what the market has been doing for a month and a half now. Wild swings in either direction, with no “middle”. The media is following, not leading.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Errrr... that’s kinda what the market has been doing for a month and a half now. Wild swings in either direction, with no “middle”. The media is following, not leading.
    Yeah, the market moves, but it takes longer than a day or a week for most of the stuff I said to take place.

where the heck is that clip of the guy saying let it all burn and the cnbc clone saying it's immoral? can't find it. thanks.

thanks man

edit: found an easier to watch one using that link^^ : https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1248...illionaires-go
    Last edited by iceman; 04-11-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Man, I remember in 2008 when Bush just let Lehman Brothers crumble and everyone just stared on in horror as if he'd just shot a sick dog in the head. And then the imminent death spiral following it....

Good times...