Page 596 of 729 FirstFirst ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 ... LastLast
Results 14,876 to 14,900 of 18218
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Yep, bought them back for $1.50 yesterday! Score. Was ready to let them go. In hindsight I could have played it much better, I could have bought my $40s back for 50% a couple times and resold on the pump back to $50. Oh well you know what they say...

Looking for it to jump and resell more calls. Whisperings of an offering out soon as well...
    Hindsight is always crystal clear, it’s the future that is usually muddled a bit. I think CMPS can be milked for a while, next time it hits high $30’s I’ll be selling that call again.

I read a lot of articles about selling covered calls, a lot of them tell you to do it on dividend stocks. I’ve been finding my dividend stocks just don’t jump around as much to allow the selling and buying back that create decent profits.

I’ve made $1800 in selling calls this year, I have yet to be assigned and have only lost money on two of them. Both of them were the same day where I fucked up, set the order as buy to open, panicked when I realized it and sold them immediately.

My dividend stocks currently net me $3300/yr, they’re 11 of 20 positions I’m in. Dividend stocks account for 50k of my 62k portfolio. I’m going to have to do a bit of a deeper dive to figure out how I should configure my portfolio to suit my style from here on out. I’ve taken to rely on big swings for my covered call cravings, sure it works, but I wonder if a more willingness to accept a dollar here and a dollar there would be more efficient?

I’m still tinkering and will hopefully figure this out someday.

Meanwhile, I hope some of you reading see that even a dumb mechanic can make some money in the market. I encourage everyone reading along to dive in and give it a try. Your future you will appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Hindsight is always crystal clear, it’s the future that is usually muddled a bit. I think CMPS can be milked for a while, next time it hits high $30’s I’ll be selling that call again.

I read a lot of articles about selling covered calls, a lot of them tell you to do it on dividend stocks. I’ve been finding my dividend stocks just don’t jump around as much to allow the selling and buying back that create decent profits.

I’ve made $1800 in selling calls this year, I have yet to be assigned and have only lost money on two of them. Both of them were the same day where I fucked up, set the order as buy to open, panicked when I realized it and sold them immediately.

My dividend stocks currently net me $3300/yr, they’re 11 of 20 positions I’m in. Dividend stocks account for 50k of my 62k portfolio. I’m going to have to do a bit of a deeper dive to figure out how I should configure my portfolio to suit my style from here on out. I’ve taken to rely on big swings for my covered call cravings, sure it works, but I wonder if a more willingness to accept a dollar here and a dollar there would be more efficient?

I’m still tinkering and will hopefully figure this out someday.

Meanwhile, I hope some of you reading see that even a dumb mechanic can make some money in the market. I encourage everyone reading along to dive in and give it a try. Your future you will appreciate it.
    Bob. Generally my dividend stocks return about 1.5x the dividend via covered calls. Generally my div stocks have options IV of approx 30-80%. Generally I sell the calls once per calendar quarter with slight adjustments to take earning calendars into account. I think I've mentioned this before but thought it will be more useful in one spot. Hope this helps

With IV so low…mayyy be a good time to buy some protection. Ruger….State Farm….Trojan…S&P March-ish expiry Put options.

Fed taper/inflation/debt ceiling all coming together later this month and into Dec. I’d go into the holiday season with a little protection.
    Decisions Decisions

Covered PTON short. Started BYND short.

Anyone else buy the RIVN IPO?

I bought it because I like the product, but the valuation compared to deliveries and booked orders is crazy at the moment and I feel like maybe I should sell before the music stops.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    I fully understand the boomer sentiment. He is clearly the greatest troll of our time and gives zero fucks. Fun to watch from the outside.

Love watching the speculation about what that would do to SP of TSLA. And the haters thinking they’re going to swoop in on puts Monday. Clearly 10% of his shares are not getting dumped on the market. Maybe…but doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musk ain't shit in the troll rankings compared to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

I bought it because I like the product, but the valuation compared to deliveries and booked orders is crazy at the moment and I feel like maybe I should sell before the music stops.
    I bought a little bit out of my mad money. Doubling my buy-in is in sight, I should probably sell half if that happens and let the rest ride - agree the valuation has no basis in reality.

-------------------
    Edited - that seemed so reasonable that I just set up a limit order at 2x my buy in. If it executes maybe I'll buy a new TV, or some Lucid.

AMC is going to release an NFT dividend.

FOMO will be real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post

FOMO will be real soon.
    Can you explain to me why an NFT dividend is better than cash?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    because your suckerdom will be immortalized on the blockchain.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    as dividend, it is not.

but as way to get synthetic shares and shorts to close their position it is.

When you short a stock you have to pay back any dividend provided. Since an NFT a. can not be duplicated b.does not have a set value . A short seller or a market maker that created synethic shares will not be able to pay back the NFT dividend.

its exactly what overstock.com to burn the short sellers off their stock and cause a squeeze.

Basically once the NFT Dividend starts to get paid to share holders we get to see if the Apes conspiracy theory is not a conspiracy at all.

...I feel like maybe I should sell before the music stops.
    One has to take into account that Bezos is rubbing knobs with Elon...
    There is a lot dickwaving going on between them and Bezos might stay supportive of the endeavour, just to spite Elon.
    Maybe.
    Perhaps.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Yeah, I bought some also. I don't know why. For the same reason I've bought some crypto I guess. I won't go bankrupt but could lose some money. It's like riding a potential avi slope but you feel ok about snowpack stability, you have an airbag, beacon, and a bunch of friends with you. Most likely won't die, but could get hurt.

When I saw the RIVN nuthouse I bought shares of the GGPI SPAC. It will merge with Polestar; and EV company owned by Volvo and Geely. Just prior it was running at about 11 and stayed there for a few days giving me a window to get shares, buy calls and get a nice position.

Other EVs are also running of course LCID NIO GOEV(charger)

^^ EVGO

well, I exited my RIVN position. Guess it'll go to $200/share now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post

FOMO will be real soon.
    AMC, or GME?

Or both?

Is the stock market going to tank?

5YN back to 2019 levels. Big move

Me too, I closed out in the black, but definitely missed the peak.

Almost bought a few shares via SoFi, but the warnings about selling before 120 days gave me pause.

The camp kitchen accessory in the truck looks pretty rad ngl, put a deposit on a Lightning instead because $$$. We will see what the actual selling price is next month, according to the dealership.

Diworsification = non US stocks

I've fallen prey to the bs for the last time.

Lol yup.

Hmm, my account has a of "no fees Friday" Black Friday offer for US stocks. Couple of grand of extra laying in that account and wondering what interesting cheap-semi-penny stocks are around? Like, not pure meme stocks but something on the cheaper side (as there is no possibility for fractional share buys)...

Bueller?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

It depends on a lot of factors, risk tolerance, time frame, income or growth?

If I had a couple grand right now I’d probably put it in ACCD or CMPS.

ACCD is a healthcare consulting company founded by a friend of a friend. Prior to starting Accolade he started a company offering expense reporting software. He built Concur from a start up to eventually selling the company for 8.3 billion. I built a position of 86 shares at about $38/share. I sold 50 shares at $49 per in August to buy my fish camp property. It’s now trading at $28.42, with a 52 week high of $65.25.

CMPS is a biotech company with a single product which is a synthetic psilocybin drug being tested to treat depression. Stage two trial results were announced a few weeks ago and showed success with a higher micro-dose. There were a few adverse reactions which seemed to spook the market. It is currently trading at $32.04 with a 52 week high of $61.69. Further trial results are due out next spring. The latest analyst recommendation came out Monday with a buy recommendation and a price target of $120. (If you want to sell call options with high valuations this stock is a good one. I expect rampant speculation next spring before trials results are announced.)

Both of these stocks carry some risk.

I think weed stocks are a good investment as well, although they currently aren’t “US” stocks. I like Cresco Labs (CRLBF). They are a multi state operator that has been busy in acquisitions to grow their footprint. I think they will show some share growth once congress passes legislation to legalize the financial aspect of it. Lately even some Republicans seem agreeable to the idea and have introduced bills to move it forward. Cresco is trading pretty cheap right now at $8.82, 10 days ago Cantor Fitzgerald called it a “top pick” in the sector and raised it’s price target to $19.

If you’re looking for income I think midstreams are the best out there. Most yield high dividends and have room for share growth. I started moving to those last year and now own EPD, MMP, DCP, and MPLX. Not sure about the tax situation on those in your home country but here in the states it’s another form to fill out when filing taxes. Personally I think the yield and possible share growth outweigh the extra form. Building pipelines may become harder in the future and I think that gives an advantage to those who already have a pipeline network. These are also naturally hedged against inflation as they profit from fees to move products rather than the price of said products.

Reits are another high yield sector, I recently increased my position in PINE. I don’t expect mercurial growth or a super high yield but more of a slow steady increase in each. As has been famously said, they aren’t making any more land.

Disclaimer: My advice is highly unreliable, do your own research.