Page 506 of 506 FirstFirst ... 501 502 503 504 505 506
Results 12,626 to 12,646 of 12646
    X

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

XOM keeps the dividend, .87/share. At $32/share I get a bonus 1.74 shares. Kinda conflicted although I’ll take it, seems it’ll add to the debt they hold.

Took a beating the last few days, went from being up to being into my own money. If I come across any money I’m gonna hold it till after the election and go from there.

Well, that was scary.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Mixed feelings about this market.

WKHS NKLA SNAP short profits more than offsetting GME long bagholding.

HTZ finally delisted

Good luck next week. Going to be interesting. I kept hitting my trailing stops on everything yesterday and today. So I am largely in cash with some UVXY calls, and some in SPDN and PSQ. Which are 1x inverse index etfs. Don't want to hold much other the weekend. See how much chaos and disorder Trump can conjure up and reevaluate on Monday.

I'm up for the day, but only because of the CDC lifting the no-sail order. CCL keeping me afloat today.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I'm up for the day, but only because of the CDC lifting the no-sail order. CCL keeping me afloat today.
    People are still getting on cruise ships? Holy shit. Good luck. I wouldn't touch that with your dick.

Lightened up a lot!

Covered Snap for fat profits

Covered WKHS and NKLA and switched to puts so any loss will be limited

Hedged entire GME position with puts

Otherwise parked rest of yolo account in cash for civil war

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    XOM keeps the dividend, .87/share. At $32/share I get a bonus 1.74 shares. Kinda conflicted although Iíll take it, seems itíll add to the debt they hold.

Took a beating the last few days, went from being up to being into my own money. If I come across any money Iím gonna hold it till after the election and go from there.
    Their still net operating cash flow positive due to their hedging. Might be worth hanging on to for a bit longer. It's still going to take a decade or so before EV gets to a point where they might be around 5%-7% of total vehicle sales. But who knows.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Their still net operating cash flow positive due to their hedging. Might be worth hanging on to for a bit longer. It's still going to take a decade or so before EV gets to a point where they might be around 5%-7% of total vehicle sales. But who knows.
    EV will help their NG holdings down the road. Power plants and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I saw an analyst report today that said 30% EV penetration by 2030
    and I believe it or at least close. Less passenger vehicles and more trucks/ freight switching initially and then when infrastructure gets more built out is when passenger vehicles will really start to pick up
    All the OEM's- passenger and truck -have shifted their R&D budgets from autonomous focused to alt fuel focused
    skid luxury

I'd like to know what portion of oil and nat gas are directed toward non-fuel uses like polymers and lubricants. A cursory search back in Feb or Mar didn't turn up anything definitive but suggested percentages in the teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I'd like to know what portion of oil and nat gas are directed toward non-fuel uses like polymers and lubricants. A cursory search back in Feb or Mar didn't turn up anything definitive but suggested percentages in the teens.
    industrial lubricant feedstocks are usually used motor oil that is re-refined
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Did not know that. From Wiki:

Re-refining one unit of used motor oil will yield:
    71% lube oil
    5% fuels
    14% asphalt
    10% water

Refining one unit of crude oil will yield:
    84% fuels (46% gasoline, 38% other fuels)
    9% gases
    4% coke
    3% asphalt and road oil
    3% petrochemical feed-stocks
    1% lubricating oil

oh yes asphalt is also a big byproduct of rerefining. also goes into roofing shingles, which are going off right now
    not sure what your objective is, but elaborate or pm if you'd like and I can share what I know
    I think the dynamic to think about now is that the used motor oil collection was way down during covid due to miles driven being lower, so their feedstocks are supply constrained= higher prices which pressures margins/ the spread- it's getting a lot better but we also have a big end mkt hit from less planes and cruise ships in operation too until this pandemic lightens up
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Did not know that. From Wiki:

Re-refining one unit of used motor oil will yield:
    71% lube oil
    5% fuels
    14% asphalt
    10% water

Refining one unit of crude oil will yield:
    84% fuels (46% gasoline, 38% other fuels)
    9% gases
    4% coke
    3% asphalt and road oil
    3% petrochemical feed-stocks
    1% lubricating oil
    Interesting. I learned something today. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Interesting. I learned something today. Thanks
    also lubricants
    hehe
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    People are still getting on cruise ships? Holy shit. Good luck. I wouldn't touch that with your dick.
    https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

The TGR of cruising, tons of people dying to get on a cruise ship. Myself, not now. I have a cruise scheduled for next August though, hoping that comes through. Carnival was trading over $50 in January, I don’t expect it to be anywhere near that for a while but I gotta think picking it up at $12 is a good buy. NCL and RCL are battered as well and will eventually come back. I’m betting on the cruise industry to figure it out while a vaccine is found.

All that said, I’m mainly holding the stock for the shareholder on-board credit of a hundred bucks. Heh

All of the above posts are why I’m torn with any more money I come across. I want to put more into healthcare but that $33 price on XOM is like a sireens song to me. I was happy to be in it at $42, hard to turn down $33.

also lubricants
    hehe
    Also coke, heh heh heh

oh yes asphalt is also a big byproduct of rerefining. also goes into roofing shingles, which are going off right now
    not sure what your objective is, but elaborate or pm if you'd like and I can share what I know
    I think the dynamic to think about now is that the used motor oil collection was way down during covid due to miles driven being lower, so their feedstocks are supply constrained= higher prices which pressures margins/ the spread- it's getting a lot better but we also have a big end mkt hit from less planes and cruise ships in operation too until this pandemic lightens up
    Great points and thanks. Just thinking broadly about how much oil demand may decrease in the next few years. Electric cars and trucks are big visible signs of decreasing demand but smaller industries like outdoor power equipment and powersports are also switching over. US lawn mowing is estimated to use 1.2B gallons or 2% of gasoline annually as of 2014 which is nowhere near car and truck consumption but it's not nothing, and electric takes more market share every year. Add in less driving due to mainstream work from home. Weigh those against population growth and oil and gas resources used to mine and manufacturer new electric products and a bunch of other things I'm surely missing (more single-use plastics?).

What date is Black Friday?