Page 500 of 729 FirstFirst ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... LastLast
Results 12,476 to 12,500 of 18218
    Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Paul gets it. https://news.bitcoin.com/paul-tudor-...-apple-google/

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Lol keep drinking the koolaid. That energy thing just basically tried to justify by saying it was ok because it was mostly hydro despite the fact they could spend the energy on things that actually produce something the world needs.

Energy costs suck, transfers are complex technically, no clawbacks if fraud occurs. Still stupid and wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Lol keep drinking the koolaid. That energy thing just basically tried to justify by saying it was ok because it was mostly hydro despite the fact they could spend the energy on things that actually produce something the world needs.

Energy costs suck, transfers are complex technically, no clawbacks if fraud occurs. Still stupid and wasteful.
    The article said that surplus energy is worthless if it's produced in an area that doesn't have the capacity to use/transport it. But believe what you want.

As for immutability, that's a feature of BTC, not a bug.

But keep investing in companies that make no money and are only propped up by infinite money printing out of thin air. I'm sure the long term play there is great.

Last post on this topic in this thread, because I don't want to derail topic too much. But now is you're chance to get into BTC before it's too late. The writing is on the wall. Institutions are gobbling up BTC as fast as they can. PayPal recently flipped from calling BTC a scam to integrating it into their platform in Q1 2021. If you want to miss out on the best returning major asset of all time, in favor of zombie company stonks, that's up to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    The article said that surplus energy is worthless if it's produced in an area that doesn't have the capacity to use/transport it. But believe what you want.

As for immutability, that's a feature of BTC, not a bug.

But keep investing in companies that make no money and are only propped up by infinite money printing out of thin air. I'm sure the long term play there is great.

Last post on this topic in this thread, because I don't want to derail topic too much. But now is you're chance to get into BTC before it's too late. The writing is on the wall. Institutions are gobbling up BTC as fast as they can. PayPal recently flipped from calling BTC a scam to integrating it into their platform in Q1 2021. If you want to miss out on the best returning major asset of all time, in favor of zombie company stonks, that's up to you all.

Don't you have your own thread for this? Go back to the kiddie table with this nonsense, adults are talking in here.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Don't you have your own thread for this? Go back to the kiddie table with this nonsense, adults are talking in here.
    Ok, Boomer

Nice day for red paint sales,
    and feeding my #pessiment.
    Can't wait till the next quarter income results to come in for companies.

I wonder if the forex for USD will go up after the election (regardless of who wins)?

So:

- Tumultuous election coming up in few days
    - Central Europe shutting down to The Big C
    - Brexit negotiations going nowhere fast
    - Next quarter results coming up & governments playing "wait and see" with the stimulus plans

So stocks will go up next week 15%? Isn't this how it's supposed to work, eh?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

yes

Probably.

just a hiccup, nth wave already priced in.

X

XOM keeps the dividend, .87/share. At $32/share I get a bonus 1.74 shares. Kinda conflicted although I’ll take it, seems it’ll add to the debt they hold.

Took a beating the last few days, went from being up to being into my own money. If I come across any money I’m gonna hold it till after the election and go from there.

Well, that was scary.

Mixed feelings about this market.

WKHS NKLA SNAP short profits more than offsetting GME long bagholding.

HTZ finally delisted

Good luck next week. Going to be interesting. I kept hitting my trailing stops on everything yesterday and today. So I am largely in cash with some UVXY calls, and some in SPDN and PSQ. Which are 1x inverse index etfs. Don't want to hold much other the weekend. See how much chaos and disorder Trump can conjure up and reevaluate on Monday.

I'm up for the day, but only because of the CDC lifting the no-sail order. CCL keeping me afloat today.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I'm up for the day, but only because of the CDC lifting the no-sail order. CCL keeping me afloat today.
    People are still getting on cruise ships? Holy shit. Good luck. I wouldn't touch that with your dick.

Lightened up a lot!

Covered Snap for fat profits

Covered WKHS and NKLA and switched to puts so any loss will be limited

Hedged entire GME position with puts

Otherwise parked rest of yolo account in cash for civil war

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    XOM keeps the dividend, .87/share. At $32/share I get a bonus 1.74 shares. Kinda conflicted although I’ll take it, seems it’ll add to the debt they hold.

Took a beating the last few days, went from being up to being into my own money. If I come across any money I’m gonna hold it till after the election and go from there.
    Their still net operating cash flow positive due to their hedging. Might be worth hanging on to for a bit longer. It's still going to take a decade or so before EV gets to a point where they might be around 5%-7% of total vehicle sales. But who knows.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Their still net operating cash flow positive due to their hedging. Might be worth hanging on to for a bit longer. It's still going to take a decade or so before EV gets to a point where they might be around 5%-7% of total vehicle sales. But who knows.
    EV will help their NG holdings down the road. Power plants and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I saw an analyst report today that said 30% EV penetration by 2030
    and I believe it or at least close. Less passenger vehicles and more trucks/ freight switching initially and then when infrastructure gets more built out is when passenger vehicles will really start to pick up
    All the OEM's- passenger and truck -have shifted their R&D budgets from autonomous focused to alt fuel focused
    skid luxury

I'd like to know what portion of oil and nat gas are directed toward non-fuel uses like polymers and lubricants. A cursory search back in Feb or Mar didn't turn up anything definitive but suggested percentages in the teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I'd like to know what portion of oil and nat gas are directed toward non-fuel uses like polymers and lubricants. A cursory search back in Feb or Mar didn't turn up anything definitive but suggested percentages in the teens.
    industrial lubricant feedstocks are usually used motor oil that is re-refined
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    industrial lubricant feedstocks are usually used motor oil that is re-refined
    Did not know that. From Wiki:

Re-refining one unit of used motor oil will yield:
    71% lube oil
    5% fuels
    14% asphalt
    10% water

Refining one unit of crude oil will yield:
    84% fuels (46% gasoline, 38% other fuels)
    9% gases
    4% coke
    3% asphalt and road oil
    3% petrochemical feed-stocks
    1% lubricating oil

oh yes asphalt is also a big byproduct of rerefining. also goes into roofing shingles, which are going off right now
    not sure what your objective is, but elaborate or pm if you'd like and I can share what I know
    I think the dynamic to think about now is that the used motor oil collection was way down during covid due to miles driven being lower, so their feedstocks are supply constrained= higher prices which pressures margins/ the spread- it's getting a lot better but we also have a big end mkt hit from less planes and cruise ships in operation too until this pandemic lightens up
    skid luxury