Page 633 of 659 FirstFirst ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,825 of 16460
  1. #15801
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    4,410
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    With oil/midstreams also down, my brokerage account is getting hammered.
    I was down 5.6% for the day. This week is dividend week for most of my midstreams, I’m ok with a fall back just in time for DRIP to buy a bit cheaper. I’ve got some cash in my account, MPLX is back to where I bought last year, if it goes any lower I’ll probably use my cash there.

    Still trying to figure out how puts are assigned. I had three that definitely went under water today with share price, strike price and premium losing for me. None of them assigned. A few weeks ago I had one that assigned four days before the date when it went .01 underwater?

  2. #15802
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Stocks down
    Energy down
    Commodities down
    Gold down
    Crypto down
    Bonds down
    Dollar up

    What does that spell?
    Lending rates up

    Spells the end of an Era


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #15803
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592

    Is the stock market going to tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I was down 5.6% for the day. This week is dividend week for most of my midstreams, I’m ok with a fall back just in time for DRIP to buy a bit cheaper. I’ve got some cash in my account, MPLX is back to where I bought last year, if it goes any lower I’ll probably use my cash there.

    Still trying to figure out how puts are assigned. I had three that definitely went under water today with share price, strike price and premium losing for me. None of them assigned. A few weeks ago I had one that assigned four days before the date when it went .01 underwater?
    Two ways.

    Some one can early exercise on you. But that would have to be deep in the money, otherwise they are giving away money. I.e. The premium over parity. Very rare with a low interest rate environment. They do this to avoid paying interest on the long stock they carry against the put you sold them. Dividends play a factor too.

    Expiration. If you have the cash to be assigned otherwise you need to close out prior.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #15804
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Paper St. Soap Co.
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Currently sitting on a bunch of cash. No idea what to do with it. Money is earmarked to one day be spent on a down payment for a mountain house. Do I just leave it sit or invest it somewhere? I really don’t want to lose liquidity to either pivot to equities or real estate though. Currently collecting a whopping .25%.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Do you have your i-bonds for the year? Can open them in kids SS number too.

    I'm waiting on VOO to get to $330 for a smallish buy, $300 bigger buy, ~$250 biggest buy. Probably the same with VYM at $90, $80, $70.

  5. #15805
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    4,410
    Sofi accidentally released quarterly earnings this morning, was supposed to be after the bell today. Upstart reported terrible numbers after the bell yesterday and sunk like a rock today. SOFI was in line with estimated EPS and beat on revenue, but they lowered Q2 guidance even though yearly was raised. The UPST numbers, the early release, and the Q2 guidance combined to start a panic.

    It sunk to $4.87 and trading was halted. Other than the Q2 guidance the rest of the report was great, full year guidance raised, increased members, increased product sales, even with the student loan moratorium the loan numbers were up well YOY.

    My two puts I’d sold for $1.40 and $1.81 were selling at $3.05, couldn’t help myself and put in an order at that which filled immediately once trading renewed. I already have 200 shares, I’m either going to end up with 500 shares @ $7.99 per (I’m in my original 200 @ $11.86 per) or keep $625 in premiums.

    (I think, math is hard)

    Other than that excitement it was a pretty sideways day. CMPS reported an EPS of (.50) which beat estimates of (.67), they also reported upbeat news on FDA meetings on Phase II trials and finalizing phase III trials. They were up 11.4% on that report, which was nice as I’ve been crushed on that stock.

  6. #15806
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592
    I was hoping to buy COIN for $100, instead I got it for $56.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #15807
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    20,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I was hoping to buy COIN for $100, instead I got it for $56.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They $2/share loss reported wow
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  8. #15808
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    10,317
    Wow. I got Murder.

    But it will be ok. I ain’t selling nuthin. Any I ain’t buying nuthin. For the first time in a long I have no idea. ?

    Survival. About. 3000 down. It means shit to me.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  9. #15809
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    They $2/share loss reported wow
    There is an article out there talking about how their customers collateral could be held in a bankruptcy situation. It was a standard disclosure.


    Most people don’t realize, that when you sign a margin agreement, anywhere, the firm can use your assets as collateral. See John Corzine blow out.

    Never open a margin account. And if you do, don’t hold your long term assets in it.

    And that is my stoke for the day.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #15810
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,792
    Margin assets not covered by SIPC?

  11. #15811
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,792
    COIN misses target by 30% and guides lower? How do you value it?

  12. #15812
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    8,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    There is an article out there talking about how their customers collateral could be held in a bankruptcy situation. It was a standard disclosure.


    Most people don’t realize, that when you sign a margin agreement, anywhere, the firm can use your assets as collateral. See John Corzine blow out.

    Never open a margin account. And if you do, don’t hold your long term assets in it.

    And that is my stoke for the day.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I trade on coinbase pro, only spot. But I've been led to believe that even the spot exchanges would not be able to cover if everyone withdrew at the same time. Jan 3 is supposed to be Proof of Keys day (https://hackernoon.com/not-your-keys...itcoin-z6k3ktb) but I haven't participated in it.

    I also have an account at Celsius and I know for a fact that my assets are lent out and my loan collateral is rehypothecated. That's the business model.

    I'm slowly mining into cold storage, but it will take a long time and I will always want to use some of my wealth as collateral, so there's that.

    It's a balancing act, balancing risk, not getting rekt.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

  13. #15813
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Sofi accidentally released quarterly earnings this morning, was supposed to be after the bell today. Upstart reported terrible numbers after the bell yesterday and sunk like a rock today. SOFI was in line with estimated EPS and beat on revenue, but they lowered Q2 guidance even though yearly was raised. The UPST numbers, the early release, and the Q2 guidance combined to start a panic.

    It sunk to $4.87 and trading was halted. Other than the Q2 guidance the rest of the report was great, full year guidance raised, increased members, increased product sales, even with the student loan moratorium the loan numbers were up well YOY.

    My two puts I’d sold for $1.40 and $1.81 were selling at $3.05, couldn’t help myself and put in an order at that which filled immediately once trading renewed. I already have 200 shares, I’m either going to end up with 500 shares @ $7.99 per (I’m in my original 200 @ $11.86 per) or keep $625 in premiums.

    (I think, math is hard)
    I've used a few neobanks and Sofi's UX is miles ahead of the others.

  14. #15814
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592
    Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I trade on coinbase pro, only spot. But I've been led to believe that even the spot exchanges would not be able to cover if everyone withdrew at the same time. Jan 3 is supposed to be Proof of Keys day (https://hackernoon.com/not-your-keys...itcoin-z6k3ktb) but I haven't participated in it.

    I also have an account at Celsius and I know for a fact that my assets are lent out and my loan collateral is rehypothecated. That's the business model.

    I'm slowly mining into cold storage, but it will take a long time and I will always want to use some of my wealth as collateral, so there's that.

    It's a balancing act, balancing risk, not getting rekt.
    I’m just pointing out, that when these douchnozzle brokers open your accounts, if you don’t plan to trade options and futures, don’t sign the margin agreement.

    And I would never send my money to some non name B\D, especially a crypto firm. Except for whatever I may be playing crypto with.

    If I had a shit ton of Bitcoin, I’d be holding it in a USB wallet in a Cayman Islands safety deposit box.

    Having started off in the back office settleing trades line by line at 3:30 A.M. this is my advice.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #15815
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cloud City
    Posts
    8,246
    Good advice. Or Switzerland box maybe?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

  16. #15816
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    20,191
    Moving 401s very conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  17. #15817
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,107
    All these retail investors “buying the dip” and creating mini dead cat bounces, which then fade. I think we are still a long way from the bottom, and will take months to get there, not hours.

    Interest rates will continue to rise. QE is over. QT has started. The Fed “put” is done, for now. That all has consequences.

  18. #15818
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    18,792

    Is the stock market going to tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    All these retail investors “buying the dip” and creating mini dead cat bounces, which then fade. I think we are still a long way from the bottom, and will take months to get there, not hours.

    Interest rates will continue to rise. QE is over. QT has started. The Fed “put” is done, for now. That all has consequences.
    Maybe. T was up today. IBM too. Dow only down 1%. A credit event might happen but treasury yields can move lower and dividend stocks can get bid.
    Even IWM way outperformed QQQ today. Yield in the diamonds is 1.84% now.

    At some point we move sidewise in the indices while the no earnings stars continue to get hammered.

  19. #15819
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592

    Is the stock market going to tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Maybe. T was up today. IBM too. Dow only down 1%. A credit event might happen but treasury yields can move lower and dividend stocks can get bid.
    Even IWM way outperformed QQQ today. Yield in the diamonds is 1.84% now.

    At some point we move sidewise in the indices while the no earnings stars continue to get hammered.
    I bought T today. Msft and coin. All small. I’ve started to sell gold and position to buy lower. Still another 20% to go in my opinion and a long, long hold but this is all sep ira money.

    I made shit on gold, so it will probably go up not. But I’m still 20% gold and silver.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #15820
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592
    Did it again. Sold a little gld, bought more msft, t, dis, coin, sq, bayer


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  21. #15821
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    20,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Did it again. Sold a little gld, bought more msft, t, dis, coin, sq, bayer


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I love MSFT and think it is unfairly beaten up, but I also sold some a few days ago because I think it has more to go down, like the market.

    Why T?

    DIS has a P/E > 60? Why DIS?

    I bought a pittance of COIN at $50 on a lark as a short term play, but I don't believe in it long term. On a reverse theory, I bought BABA at $82.

    FLNG missed earnings and has been getting trashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  22. #15822
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    All these retail investors “buying the dip” and creating mini dead cat bounces, which then fade. I think we are still a long way from the bottom, and will take months to get there, not hours.

    Interest rates will continue to rise. QE is over. QT has started. The Fed “put” is done, for now. That all has consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    and position to buy lower. Still another 20% to go in my opinion and a long, long hold but this is all sep ira money.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/in...ll-11652204827

    Watching and waiting.
    BLK, down ~38% from high. Now at ~15x earnings (of course earnings can fall too).
    MSFT, TXN, AMAT, UGI, PFG, SWKS all on radar.
    Bottom feeding has worked well for me (mostly).

  23. #15823
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    9,848
    EVGO is up ~20% today which is nice. I'm still underwater on it but not by much now. I need to find a few extra dollars and add some more SOFI soon.

  24. #15824
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    I doubt that's happening but if it does, I'm gonna lever up.

    I bought SOFI near IPO at about $24. Have since increased my position by 14X.

    My cost per share is $12 at this point. Gonna HOLD but feel a little discomfort at this point.

    Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Ugly... Cost per share is now under $10, not keeping me up at night yet...

  25. #15825
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I love MSFT and think it is unfairly beaten up, but I also sold some a few days ago because I think it has more to go down, like the market.

    Why T?

    DIS has a P/E > 60? Why DIS?

    I bought a pittance of COIN at $50 on a lark as a short term play, but I don't believe in it long term. On a reverse theory, I bought BABA at $82.

    FLNG missed earnings and has been getting trashed.
    I’m a horrible analyst. I have a small list of blue chips I’ve been buying for over 20 yrs. I think I first bought dis at 30 something. I also throw money into MO, JNJ, PEP, and a few others.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Who voted for Bush/Cheney in '00 or '04?
    By Bud Green in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 11:44 PM
  2. Risotto Recipes - What you got?
    By skiaholik in forum The Padded Room
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 05:03 PM
  3. Did American Ski Company get delisted from the stock market?
    By Free Range Lobster in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 06:13 AM
  4. Bear Activists Killed and Eaten by Bears in Katmai
    By Lane Meyer in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •