Page 595 of 729 FirstFirst ... 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,875 of 18218
    just bought some, thanks. Mother in law has a full on addiction to QVC.

RIP PTON cult

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Holy fuck nice work! Bet you still drink box wine though!
    It cooled back off a bit, still holding and still drinking the Franzia.

Lee, I did something similar. MPLX remained flat after beating EPS estimates and revenue estimates, they announced an additional $.575/share on top of their already 9.1% yield for a total of $1.28/share to be paid Nov 19 for shareholders of record on Nov 12th. Picked up 200 shares yesterday, at today’s closing price that would give me 8.25 shares with DRIP.

Guidance suggests they’ll have FCF falling out of their ass, I may keep for a quarter and see if that distribution holds, 33 shares a year sounds pretty good.

Edit: After looking it over I put in an order for 100 shares of QRTEA, thx for the tip. Set a limit at $8.00, hopefully it fills.
    Last edited by BobMc; 11-04-2021 at 07:29 PM.

ABNB is up 10% so far today. I guess people really were traveling more last quarter. Who knew?!?!

Speaking of FCF, eog doubled their dividend and threw on another $2/share special div. plus authorized 5b in buybacks. Got in around 36 last year up to 95 now
    Decisions Decisions

Musk is such a disingenuous fuckboi.

“Hey twitter, I know the stock is at a crazy ATH right now but I need your help to convince people I want to dump shares right now in order to do society a favor”

And the crowd laps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

“Hey twitter, I know the stock is at a crazy ATH right now but I need your help to convince people I want to dump shares right now in order to do society a favor”

if only this could have been predicted

I fully understand the boomer sentiment. He is clearly the greatest troll of our time and gives zero fucks. Fun to watch from the outside.

Love watching the speculation about what that would do to SP of TSLA. And the haters thinking they’re going to swoop in on puts Monday. Clearly 10% of his shares are not getting dumped on the market. Maybe…but doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    I fully understand the boomer sentiment. He is clearly the greatest troll of our time and gives zero fucks. Fun to watch from the outside.

Love watching the speculation about what that would do to SP of TSLA. And the haters thinking they’re going to swoop in on puts Monday. Clearly 10% of his shares are not getting dumped on the market. Maybe…but doubtful.

He knows exactly what he’s doing, it’s not boomer sentiment. If he doesn’t go with the terms of the poll as he publicly stated that would be market manipulation. So he’s “forced” to do whatever “the people” want him to do, knowing full well they’ll jump on the tax angle.

The market can absorb his trades within a week or two. Hell, he’s only dumping an average day’s worth of volume. Anyone playing it for a massive short term price drop is going to get burned.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post

https://twitter.com/SBF_FTX/status/1...nDmdkl4eg&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

He knows exactly what he’s doing, it’s not boomer sentiment. If he doesn’t go with the terms of the poll as he publicly stated that would be market manipulation. So he’s “forced” to do whatever “the people” want him to do, knowing full well they’ll jump on the tax angle.
    Elon has never ever cared about securities laws. He won't start caring now

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Any laws, and he won’t now, because he’s bought off everyone.

Tesla and their p/e of 396 seems completely crazy, but I also passed on buying at $130 a share thinking that was over valued, so what do I know.

Do the 1% not have to make (monthly?) payments on the loans they take out on stocks? Or are the payments so low they can offset with deductions?

What would happen if the dem's just outlawed loans with stocks as collateral?

looked in a trading account I haven't bothered to peruse in awhile - my "Luckin Coffee scam" investment is up over 400%?!

mmmm….. now that’s good coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    looked in a trading account I haven't bothered to peruse in awhile - my "Luckin Coffee scam" investment is up over 400%?!
    Hertz, Chesapeak and that and you’d have had the trifecta. I’d suggest rounding out the portfolio with GME, AMC, and BBBY.

Covered most of DWAC. Covered PTON. Added QRTEA RIOT.

MARA Blew through its Ath. What colour Lambo will you get Lawless?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Covered most of DWAC. Covered PTON. Added QRTEA RIOT.

MARA Blew through its Ath. What colour Lambo will you get Lawless?
    Looking for a beater right now. Something with high miles and engine trouble. Salvage title would be a bonus.

I can't believe it's going up so much faster than actual Bitcoin is rising. I've pushed calls up to 63 and 72 right now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    Looking for a beater right now. Something with high miles and engine trouble. Salvage title would be a bonus.

I can't believe it's going up so much faster than actual Bitcoin is rising. I've pushed calls up to 63 and 72 right now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    MARA reminds me of when RIOT blew thru the 80s in the last cycle. I let half go at 70s calls and sold puts from 50s all the way back to 30s to replenish. Didn't regret my sells but sure did kick myself for not being more patient with the buys.

One thing I did was buy RIOT puts when ath but I was greedy, the premiums were astronomical and I let them lapse. You might consider doing that with your remaining position I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Tesla and their p/e of 396 seems completely crazy, but I also passed on buying at $130 a share thinking that was over valued, so what do I know.

Do the 1% not have to make (monthly?) payments on the loans they take out on stocks? Or are the payments so low they can offset with deductions?

What would happen if the dem's just outlawed loans with stocks as collateral?
    Is Tesla bound to drop with Rivian, Ford truck, and every other company launching electric vehicles? So overvalued?

Not bound to drop. It could but that’s all priced in.

I do think the risk level is particularly high with high growth, high valuation, high % of the benchmark/passive investing stocks.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Is Tesla bound to drop with Rivian, Ford truck, and every other company launching electric vehicles? So overvalued?
    nothing about Tesla’s valuation is tethered to any sort of business reality, what would trigger that changing? They’ve got capacity to build ~1 million cars now, and are set to double that next year when Texas & Berlin open. World auto production is about 78 million cars a year.

Covert, did you buy back your CMPS calls today? Earnings and trials report came out today, lower loss than expected and trials results were mixed. The bottom fell out first thing this morning, was able to buy back my $9.00 call for $2.15, score! Then got to watch it recover as the day went on, the market always seems to overreact to the down side on earnings and news, then later in the day cooler heads prevail.

Woohoo, RIVN! How many days do we have until it tanks back to the IPO price or below?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Covert, did you buy back your CMPS calls today? Earnings and trials report came out today, lower loss than expected and trials results were mixed. The bottom fell out first thing this morning, was able to buy back my $9.00 call for $2.15, score! Then got to watch it recover as the day went on, the market always seems to overreact to the down side on earnings and news, then later in the day cooler heads prevail.
    Yep, bought them back for $1.50 yesterday! Score. Was ready to let them go. In hindsight I could have played it much better, I could have bought my $40s back for 50% a couple times and resold on the pump back to $50. Oh well you know what they say...

Looking for it to jump and resell more calls. Whisperings of an offering out soon as well...