Page 586 of 598 FirstFirst ... 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,650 of 14944
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I made lots of money on BABA today.

*I am still down yuge on BABA overall.
    Ha was talking to my buddy last night who is a PM for BlackRock in China, and asked when will it be over (Chinese stock Holocaust). He said last Friday was probably last shots fired, but be weary for a month or so. Shoulda jumped in this morning/yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    I ended up selling SESN at a slight loss at 1.30, but thankfully I got out. 1.12 now. I shoulda pulled the parachute earlier, I got greedy, when I could have made over 15%. Some shifty shit going on here, probably the most shifty trade of my entire existence.

Into two others that seem safer. I have lots to learn.
    You only missed woulda. Shoulda and coulda you got.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Ha was talking to my buddy last night who is a PM for BlackRock in China, and asked when will it be over (Chinese stock Holocaust). He said last Friday was probably last shots fired, but be weary for a month or so. Shoulda jumped in this morning/yesterday.

I am down uuuuggggeee on baba time to get back in??

Quote Originally Posted by bowboybb View Post
    I am down uuuuggggeee on baba time to get back in??

Meehhh, who knows? Average down? Ripped good today, but who knows where the sympathy ends. Not a chart nerd, but if it rips past $180 Id be concerned about another pull back. Not all is clear yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Meehhh, who knows? Average down? Ripped good today, but who knows where the sympathy ends. Not a chart nerd, but if it rips past $180 Id be concerned about another pull back. Not all is clear yet.

Yeah f it Ill average down on baba and wish hold for a year and thank myself late

I feel like every time I post on here I jynx my position, but IDC, you guys mean more to me than $$. I think these two are still good now. A lot of big companies seemingly jumping in now in the millions.

I'm into some SRGA and FLXN. Both down seemingly because the decrease in elective surgeries, but good companies IMO. Sold that risky SESN (what was I thinking) and I bought these two last week and up 12% and 17% respectively now. Some whales grabbing this week too, it's taking a little break, but... I feel like it's going up.

What you guys think of SRGA and FLXN in terms of more growth? I'm getting a little lazy, and these two seem pretty good to sit on for a few months. SRGA is established, and holographic medicine in pipeline. FLXN is already FDA approved, and has some pipe.

The older I get, the more I hate day trading. FFS

Yeah my GME went on a tear. Up like 25%, unreal.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I’d had a limit buy set for 35 shares of CMPS @ $32/per. Somehow it hit today, the day range never hit it and when I checked premarket it never went that low, :shrug:.

Checked the options chain and decided to set another order to buy 51 more shares. The Dec $40 call is looking at around $10. Buy at $33ish, be able to either get out at $50 or be protected to $23, yes please.

Their phase 2 trials are due by then, could see the underlying sky if they go well (which they probably will), but I don’t think I can go wrong with this strategy. Take the nice cash and run…

Been up every day this week, which is refreshing. I’ve been recorded on the five lots I’ve been under contract, looks like the sixth will have to go through probate. So, some of the cash I cleared will be free for a bit. Thinking about buying back another 100 BBBY shares, it’s still at where I sold it. Looked it up and I’d made $553 off selling calls on it this year. I still like the underlying and the volatility, I like dividends but I ain’t made 500+ on dividends on a 100 share tranche of anything cheap enough for me to own.

SRGA and FLXN up again today! Ya baby

I'm going to let these babies run.

SPYD spider high dividend is unchanged in price since 12/19.

With dividend and reinvestment maybe a 6% total return in last 20 months.

Yeah, can feel that. One of my favorite dividend investments has me down 3.3% on the underlying, the 8.1% yield offsets that but not ideally. DCP and MMP have been rather good choices though, DCP with a good uptick in the underlying and MMP is scoring me both yield and underlying. I still have faith in EPD and will continue to hold. None of them are volatile enough to excite me in options trades.

I did pick up another 51 shares of CMPS today, got em at $32 even, this gave me my 100 shares. They went down after I bought, but I don’t GAF. The Dec $40 call is still selling at $10, I set an order to sell at $12, I’ll bet it fills by next week. I’ll probably be a bit more patient on this one than usual, although I can’t assure that if I see a couple hundred in profit I won’t jump on it…

I am hoping for some advice/instruction on options. I see that LedgerX is available to US residents and it offers micro contracts of .01 bitcoin.

I am clueless about options so where do I start learning, eli5? Even aside from fundamental ideas, supposedly there might be big spreads on ledgerx so I need to figure out a fair price and use limit orders?

The first reason that comes to mind for me to use options is to buy puts to hedge against btc downside. I know it's coming someday and I will be holding a bag and even buying on the way down. I want some way to cover myself when I run out of fiat to buy and the price keeps dropping, hopefully that makes sense. I have a good trading strategy that covers big swings - I was fine during the 50% drop recently, but bitcoin is known for 85% drops and protracted bear cycles. Trying to figure out my plan for the long tail.

Sorry if you don't like bitcoin, but I hope you can see that I am asking for trading help, not financial advice.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I know it's coming someday and I will be holding a bag and even buying on the way down. I want some way to cover myself when I run out of fiat to buy and the price keeps dropping....

Sorry if you don't like bitcoin, but I hope you can see that I am asking for trading help, not financial advice.
    Are you sure You like bitcoin?

Up a lot (like 884.5%) on $DAG. Just got some agreement with feds. To the moon!

https://constellationnetwork.io/

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Are you sure You like bitcoin?
    Do you know anything about options?
    Henry David Thoreau

Do you know anything about options?
    Definitely not enough. Nor BTC or financial advice (unfortunately?) so at least there's no risk of me offering any. Just a schmuck trying to investigate things I might like and trying to learn strategies for when I do.

good luck

just writing down my thoughts in that post helped me start to sort things out in my head, hopefully I can put together a good hedging plan in the coming months
    Henry David Thoreau

good luck

just writing down my thoughts in that post helped me start to sort things out in my head, hopefully I can put together a good hedging plan in the coming months
    Thanks, and good luck to you, as well. Verbalizing is one of my go-tos, too.

No shame if you've adjusted since the post (or not, for that matter) but the reason I asked is that the statement quoted seems like a good reason to be moving profits into non-BTC--assuming you have some conviction to that expectation. Was I reading that right?

Options are easy. Option valuation is not. High volatility is partially responsible for the wide spreads. High volatility also means high price. Like fire insurance in a wildfire zone.

IMO you should be good with math and trust your numbers to use options.

I'm absolutely terrified to get into option strategies. That's the next step to take though.

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    I'm absolutely terrified to get into option strategies. That's the next step to take though.
    Futures are easier. No time value.

hopefully I can put together a good hedging plan in the coming months
    Arborvitaes if you need something quick growing.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Thanks, and good luck to you, as well. Verbalizing is one of my go-tos, too.

No shame if you've adjusted since the post (or not, for that matter) but the reason I asked is that the statement quoted seems like a good reason to be moving profits into non-BTC--assuming you have some conviction to that expectation. Was I reading that right?
    Really not sure what you're getting at - you think I should ditch an asset now because I think there will be a bear market in the future? Anyway, doesn't matter, I have my plan and I do take profits regularly. And I'm willing to invest in other assets if the price is right and I think I can see the upside potential.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Options are easy. Option valuation is not. High volatility is partially responsible for the wide spreads. High volatility also means high price. Like fire insurance in a wildfire zone.
    Hey thanks for responding. Maybe this is too simplistic, but does market sentiment play into into option valuation? Take the fear/greed index for example - when greed is high are puts cheaper?

If you have any links to help me study, I'd be grateful. I like charts.
    Henry David Thoreau