Page 498 of 729 FirstFirst ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... LastLast
Results 12,426 to 12,450 of 18222
    I have 61 shares I'm in an average of $42.17, I'm down from that and down on MRO and CLB.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I have 61 shares I'm in an average of $42.17, I'm down from that and down on MRO and CLB.
    ah ok. I'm in from the mid 39s from April. You can't take advantage of covered calls then as option contracts are in 100 share lots.

Had a windfall come in the mail, $104 check from some long ago class action lawsuit I filled out forms to be on. Into the account it goes!

I’ll probably continue my bottom scavenging and improve my cost on XOM, three shares should leave me enough to buy another share of FCEL. If ACCD hadn’t popped up large today I’d be buying it ahead of tomorrow’s after hours earnings report. It’s been a bright spot in my portfolio, up 19% in the short time I’ve owned it.

On another note, what information streams do people pay for? I read all I can on Google, get paywalled for a lot of articles. Zacks, Motley Fool, etc. Which service gives the best bang for the buck? I’m kinda dumb and can’t decipher analytics quite yet, looking for a service that spells it out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

On another note, what information streams do people pay for? I read all I can on Google, get paywalled for a lot of articles. Zacks, Motley Fool, etc. Which service gives the best bang for the buck? I’m kinda dumb and can’t decipher analytics quite yet, looking for a service that spells it out a bit.
    For news Bloomberg. It's one of the only true news sites left.. They have a free trial right now.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/subscripti..._source=hp-nav

For macro and trading http://www.Hedgeye.com does a good job teaching process and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have not used Fidelity, but agree that Vanguard's interface is clunky (I don't use the app). But I like their mutual fund products.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Back to fido vs vanguard. The fidelity app and mobile is light years ahead of vanguard if that’s any consideration.
    Have 529’s at vanguard and everything else at Fido, I like fidelity platform a lot more as far as usability and simplicity. Vanguard is clunky. Also their customer service has slipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I have had both for over 35 years, and I trust Vanguard much much more. Old school integrity. Fidelity, which I was effectively forced to use because of employer 401k plans, was always trying to sell me something, and fees were everywhere. Vanguard has the lowest costs in the industry, and only now and then tries to sell me on advisory services, which are cheap, anyway, even though I dont use them.
    Ever see a Vanguard commercial? But you've seen a lot of Fidelity commercials, right? Guess who's paying for them?
    As far as your broker account, well, if you want to trade, they're cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Vanguard clients are much more inclined to set it and forget it. Re: Bogle. The antithesis of Robinhood. Churning just feeds the sharks. It doesn't make most rich.
    Timely discussion. I have a 401k that I need to roll over after my company shifted from Oligarch ownership to public company ownership on January 1st. I have Schwab and Ameritrade IRA's from previous jobs and I hear they are both owned by Schwab now and will merge platforms in the next few years. I like both platforms, seem fine. Ameritrade lets me see all my accounts combined on one page. Wife has Vanguard. I buy and hold and rarely trade. With ETF's being free and stocks available to trade even at Vanguard is there really any difference other than the platform? I mean I've zero interest in options or anything like that.

Schwab the man who is still chairman of Schwab the brokerage donated millions to oppose Obama and tens of millions in support of Trump and the current GOP. So there is that. Everything is political. Sorry not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Schwab the man who is still chairman of Schwab the brokerage donated millions to oppose Obama and tens of millions in support of Trump and the current GOP. So there is that. Everything is political. Sorry not sorry.
    I thought that was Ameritrade? Or is it both of them that are controlled by Trump sycophants?

That does matter to me and where I stick my retirement money. I was a Suretrade and that was bought by Ameritrade whenever that was...a long time ago. Schwab in the mid nineties. Before everything went off the rails.

Found this https://www.npr.org/transcripts/902626429

So where is the best place to stuff my money that hasn't sold their soul to the dark side?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I think Schwab the company acquiring Ameritrade is recent. Schwab the man's big donations go back decades. Finance industry donations skewing right is nothing new but he goes above and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I think Schwab the company acquiring Ameritrade is recent. Schwab the man's big donations go back decades. Money men donations skewing right is nothing new but he goes above and beyond.
    Yes but Ameritrade was also controlled by a Trumphead. So lose lose.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-campaign/amp/

I didn't know Schwab was/is the same so thanks for the heads up. Crossed off my list for the 401k rollover.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yes but Ameritrade was also controlled by a Trumphead. So lose lose.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-campaign/amp/

I didn't know Schwab was/is the same so thanks for the heads up. Crossed off my list for the 401k rollover.
    Gotcha. I thought you were talking about the merged companies. Didn't realize there was a separate Ameritrade/Trump link.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    So I guess the market has wised up to Don the Con? My dreams of the robin hood type folks running up the price of REGN doesn't seem to be happening.
    REGN taking a bit of a beating this morning. I guess Trump's spewing out "Regneron!", at his rallies just isn't moving the stock in the right direction.

Then there's this...

U.S. states saw another 898,000 Americans file first-time unemployment insurance claims last week, representing an unexpected rise in new claims with the pandemic still under way and another round of fiscal stimulus still out of reach.

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released its weekly jobless claims report at 8:30 a.m. ET Thursday. Here were the main metrics from the report, compared to Bloomberg estimates:

Initial jobless claims, week ended Oct. 10: 898,000 vs. 825,000 expected and 845,000 during the prior week

Continuing jobless claims, week ended Oct. 3: 10.018 million vs. 10.550 million expected and 11.183 million during the prior week

Jobless claims rose by 53,000 last week, after back-to-back weeks of improvements in new jobless claims.

At 898,000, the sum represented the seventh straight week that initial claims came in below the 1 million mark.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Bit of a pickle that Trump has put himself in... "THE ECONOMY IS AMAZING! THE BEST EVER!" "WE NEED A HUGE STIMULUS PACKAGE!!" "BUT NOT ONE AS BIG AS THE DEMS ARE TRYING TO PASS BUT ACTUALLY BIGGER BUT A DIFFERENT KIND OF BIG. ALSO, HAVE I MENTIONED HOW GREAT EVERYTHING IS?"

Some of the ads Trump is running touting that he will create 10 million jobs in 10 months, is basically the jobs that have been lost during his botched COVID response. But it doesn't seem like going with the herd immunity COVID response is going to help the economy. Just make it worse.

McConnell floating his $500 million targeted COVID relief bill in the Senate is just a political ploy to try and give him and the do nothing Republican senate some cover going into Nov. 3rd.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Having fun inversing WSB. Re options mispricing
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...umb_investors/

Bought NIO. Dumped it into pump. Now short puts at 26

Still long GME which is now squeezing. Also short 12, 13 and now 14P with 1dte

Still short WKHS which is tanking nicely

WSB is a fucking treasure.

Shoot me some ideas for penny stocks. I'm tapped but have free trading at E Trade and feel like I should be taking more advantage of it.

I've been putting my extra dollars after bigger trades into FCEL. Plug Power and Bloom Energy have both gone from the price FCEL is trading at to around $17.00 this year. I figure it's a good counter for my oil stocks. If Biden wins and more dollars are put into green energy I can see it rising.

HTZ up on DIP financing! Going to go look for borrows and play whack a mole next week

I made money 4 days in a row! Who wants to touch me?

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    I made money 4 days in a row! Who wants to touch me?
    If you made enough money, you can pay for...someone...to touch you

the circle of life

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    HTZ up on DIP financing! Going to go look for borrows and play whack a mole next week
    Sold 2.5 weekly calls to get assigned for short. Found borrows to add to the short. Sold 3C. Offset with longer dated 4C. Watching HTZ tank nicely.

WKHS also tanking so am unwinding short via puts.

Sold another series of GME covered calls against the underlying. Returns are still a healthy 2.2% weekly.

Markets are incredibly volatile so am pulling in positions and looking to sell volatility

headed for lowest close on TLT since June 9th

A planned phone call between Mnuchin and Pelosi can swing the markets a couple percentage points. Shit is insane.

Took remainder of HTZ profits. They have the DIP financing approval before the court on Oct 29. Buying some ootm calls for that and if it spikes I'll re-short.

Took remainder of WKHS profits

Sold some NKLA calls on their spike. Wouldn't be terrible to get assigned as I'd like to be more short-biased NKLA