Page 491 of 729 FirstFirst ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,275 of 18222

Thread: Is the stock market going to tank?

What about FXE? Fee erosion but seems accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    What about FXE? Fee erosion but seems accessible.
    Not sure the euro is in a much better position. Maybe FXF?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Why would I feel smug. Like I'm the only one in the world looking at Tesla valuation in horror?
    I didn’t say you were the only one feeling smug. Aren’t you mostly in bonds?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Not sure the euro is in a much better position. Maybe FXF?
    There you go. And FXA for Aussie exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I didn’t say you were the only one feeling smug. Aren’t you mostly in bonds?
    Actually, I had my toe in that tech water with a few techy ETFs, mostly "growth", and took one out today. It was ok for a few months, obviously. And I do still believe in the power of Amazon and Apple and large software companies, but Musk is a grifter, fucking up the same party, puking in the pool. But, yeah, 60pc bonds. I can't afford to lose, and these are volital times. It'll be back, though. Nowhere else to go.

Bonds are such a sucky long term proposition, though. Peak bonds right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Actually, I had my toe in that tech water with a few techy ETFs, mostly "growth", and took one out today. It was ok for a few months, obviously. And I do still believe in the power of Amazon and Apple and large software companies, but Musk is a grifter, fucking up the same party, puking in the pool. But, yeah, 60pc bonds. I can't afford to lose, and these are volital times. It'll be back, though. Nowhere else to go.

Bonds are such a sucky long term proposition, though. Peak bonds right now.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. We're about to stumble into a hefty chunk that needs to be protected but grow after we sell my fil's place hopefully by the end of this month. I want something with better potential but it can't erode it has to grow, both because he's just plodding along and relatively healthy for a 94 year old guy with dementia but it costs over $12k/mo for the place he lives and for us to not be hurting in 15 years when we're old like you. I can't figure out what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Why is GLNCY doing so poorly when copper and gold are so strong?
    The company said in July 2018 that it had received a subpoena from U.S. authorities related to compliance with corruption and money-laundering laws at its operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria and Venezuela.

Last year, Glencore said it was also subject to investigations by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and by the U.K.'s Serious Fraud Office.

Wifey sold a bunch of stuff yesterday and the day before, we are having takeout for dinner.
    Yumm...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The company said in July 2018 that it had received a subpoena from U.S. authorities related to compliance with corruption and money-laundering laws at its operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria and Venezuela.

Last year, Glencore said it was also subject to investigations by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and by the U.K.'s Serious Fraud Office.
    Damn, I remember seeing something but was busy and didn't really pay attention. My loss... Ahh well, hopefully it pops back over $5 and I'll get out painlessly.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. We're about to stumble into a hefty chunk that needs to be protected but grow after we sell my fil's place hopefully by the end of this month. I want something with better potential but it can't erode it has to grow, both because he's just plodding along and relatively healthy for a 94 year old guy with dementia but it costs over $12k/mo for the place he lives and for us to not be hurting in 15 years when we're old like you. I can't figure out what to do with it.
    There's no growth profile that works for a 94 year old. CD's. That's it, unless you are thinking about your own future too.

Liking some of the dividend stocks on this pullback since they haven't done anything since March. I already, mistakenly, own some oil and those stocks look deathly sick again.

Apple lost more market cap TODAY than the combined market cap of 470 of the SP500

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

easy come, easy go.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

There's no growth profile that works for a 94 year old. CD's. That's it, unless you are thinking about your own future too.
    We've got him covered so what we're looking for is stable growth for ourselves.

We've got him covered so what we're looking for is stable growth for ourselves.
    At this point I'd say a Target fund makes even more sense because the wide ranging diversification spreads out your growth risk.

For example. This JPM 2050 has a very diverse mix:
    https://am.jpmorgan.com/us/en/asset-...807#/portfolio

Liking some of the dividend stocks on this pullback since they haven't done anything since March. I already, mistakenly, own some oil and those stocks look deathly sick again.
    Dividend stocks like?
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just some profit taking before Labor Day weekend. Nothing to see here.
    Looked more like panic selling yesterday, and early today, but seems like it is bouncing now. Time will tell whether it is a live or dead cat bouncing.

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Dividend stocks like?
    SPYD? Very hard to pick individual stocks now.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Looked more like panic selling yesterday, and early today, but seems like it is bouncing now. Time will tell whether it is a live or dead cat bouncing.
    Probably but it is a three day weekend with position squaring.

SPYD? Very hard to pick individual stocks now.
    Word...
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Why would S&P not include TSLA in its quarterly index change?

SPYD was up on the day fwiw. It’s logical but could be short lived.

Why would S&P not include TSLA in its quarterly index change?
    Seriously? You’ve gotten answers, you don’t like them. There’s not much else left.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Seriously? You’ve gotten answers, you don’t like them. There’s not much else left.
    Index committee is not using internet conspiracies for decision. TSLA has 4 quarters profitability signed by the auditors. They might be considering a volatility/gamma calculation as it relates to the index impact but Musk conspiracies from sore losers isn't one of them.

Index committee is not using internet conspiracies for decision. TSLA has 4 quarters profitability signed by the auditors. They might be considering a volatility/gamma calculation as it relates to the index impact but Musk conspiracies from sore losers isn't one of them.
    So did wirecard, bitch.