Page 483 of 729 FirstFirst ... 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... LastLast
Results 12,051 to 12,075 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Looks like KODK getting a drubbing after all the news on how the execs schemed to line their pockets, allegedly.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/a9d87147...es-again-.html

Shares of Eastman Kodak Co. (kodk) were down 24% in afternoon trading Monday, putting them on track for a third straight double-digit percentage decline, after the digital printing and film company, which is getting into the pharmaceutical-ingredients business, disclosed that holders of convertible notes were exercising their right to convert those notes into common stock. The stock has now dropped 50% since skyrocketing sixteenfold in three days to $33.20 on July 29

I'm shocked that no one would mention KodakCoin.
    Big crypto scam by Kodak and WENN that happened in 2017 with a pump n dump of their share price.
    Voted "WORST IDEA" of 2017 but for some reason completely sanitized from their wikipedia page.

Back then, a random friend messaged me that he was getting into crypto and promptly doubled his investment in 2 weeks.
    I told him it's a scam, he shorted it and made even more on the way down over the next months.
    The whole thing was so poorly thought through by Kodak that the Wenn partnership eventually became the 'When?" partnership.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42657077
    scroll down to "Worst Idea".

I think this must have been the training wheels for the Kodak execs for the latest pump n dump that uses the versatile 'partnership' and 'memorandum of understanding' to signal that a fraud is about to be perpetrated on unwary investors (gamblers).

And we used to mock the Chinese market.

Round tripping MARA. Covered low 3s. Reshorted mid 3s.

Added to MVIS puts

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-8-1029468479

SEC anal probing KODK insider buys. Results should be out in 2 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-8-1029468479

SEC anal probing KODK insider buys. Results should be out in 2 years or so
    That soon?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

That soon?
    Expedited. And sooooo effective.

Added MARA MVIS short. Shorted more of USD CHF pair

GLD wow. Don't have any. Wish I did

I guess when you print trillions and trillions of USD fiat currency, people look to GLD.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I guess when you print trillions and trillions of USD fiat currency, people look to GLD.
    Looks like it. Swiss Central Bank is less helicopter money so USD CHF pair is down 1.5% since I shorted

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm not forcing you to read what I write, nor am here to entertain you.

Thanks for stopping by, fuckface.

I grew up in a suburban area and loathed every second of it. I currently work a (formerly) small town that is rapidly becoming a suburb thanks to rapacious, avarice driven developers, and I find it utterly appalling ethically. Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of cancer. They represent all of things about American life I want nothing to do with: marriage, a nuclear family, unbridled consumerism, church, kids sports, keeping up with the neighbors, the constant, galling pursuit of material wealth and one-upsmanship, etc.
    Are you actually saying that the nuclear family is a bad practice for society or you just don't want kids?
    Live Free or Die

Some local dude dropped off and pawned about $90k in silver this past week. The whole lot was sold that same day to somebody else who came in looking to buy silver/silver coins. (Local tv news story) Crazy times.

Some local dude dropped off and pawned about $90k in silver this past week. The whole lot was sold that same day to somebody else who came in looking to buy silver/silver coins. (Local tv news story) Crazy times.
    I bought SLV 2 weeks ago based on an SA article and some follow up research that made some basic sense to me. Its turned out really well so far. More than made up for my hairbrained GNUS gamble. I want to deploy more cash, but the bear in me is still too loud. Just need to find a good time to cash out and walk away. Im thinking this week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    PM Kim Jong-Un.
    What's up my American bitches?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Jong-un View Post
    What's up my American bitches?
    The stock market, you douche. What's down with you these days? Written any love letters to your homeboy, Trump lately?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I bought SLV 2 weeks ago based on an SA article and some follow up research that made some basic sense to me. Its turned out really well so far. More than made up for my hairbrained GNUS gamble. I want to deploy more cash, but the bear in me is still too loud. Just need to find a good time to cash out and walk away. Im thinking this week sometime.
    Nice! Well, you know what Bernard Baruch used to say, "I got rich by selling too soon."

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    FWIW WSB and RH gamblers are all over going long GLD and SLV. I view that as greater fool. I'd like to have some GLD/SLV but am waiting for them to get washed out. Which perhaps may mean I wait and wait and wait

MVIS down 30% afterhours. Board is voting to do a 60M share financing. Revenues down 50%

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Are you actually saying that the nuclear family is a bad practice for society or you just don't want kids?
    To clarify, I'm not saying the nuclear family is bad for society. I'm not advocating for or against it, just saying it isn't something I want, along with all that other shit my fellow human beings find inexplicably appealing.

HORIZNS MARIJUNA LF CL A UNT ETF
    TSE: HMMJ
    Currently at 10% dividend. Not sure if that varies or is fixed.
    Seems to be hanging at a low price for the last 1/2 year after a long painful decline.
    Is the industry still in trouble? Or is it just going to have a lot of wrinkles to iron out before finding all the profitable niches.
    CBD cream is definitely a fad and is super expensive. But not as expensive as ultra serum cosmetic wrinkle face creams ...
    Christmas is coming with all those cannabis hot chocolate drinks and treats.

What 's your gut about Cannabis ETFs?
    Are some better than others?
    How much of your portfolio would you assign to this sort of thing?

^Get high and buy. That's my motto.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I hear there's too much product in the market. But, with people staying at home and not going into the office, maybe the WFH types are blazing up the doobies on a daily basis? But how does a morning toke go with a cup of joe?

You'd have to be high to buy that etf.

I prefer 5 mg of an edible and a double shot espresso.

But, anyway, it's a weed. What did people expect? It grows fast, inside. They'll have to make it illegal again to keep prices up.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They'll have to make it illegal again to keep prices up.
    The thing with Canadian MJ companies is that there are too many of them, and their licensing/fees skim away much of the profit to the government. IMHO the story of 2020/21 will be many of them will file for CCAA (Canadian version of chapter 11).

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The thing with Canadian MJ companies is that there are too many of them, and their licensing/fees skim away much of the profit to the government. IMHO the story of 2020/21 will be many of them will file for CCAA (Canadian version of chapter 11).
    Same thing happening in Cali. A lot of the product moving East, where the prices are 3x what it goes for in pot legal states. Go figure.

The shit is pretty damn expensive in the retail market in Washington. I pay the same per ounce today (for comparable quality) that I did in NYC and Ann Arbor on the black market 10+ years ago.

I suppose that's what you get for banning personal cultivation.

When Washington legalized, retail stores popped up on every corner in this town. Snoop Dogg even showed up for a store opening. A year later, a third-to-half of them were closed, and covid has killed even more.

Regardless of what you're selling, a lack of business acumen, competence, and flexibility will do you in.