Page 461 of 729 FirstFirst ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Bob - that stuff will kill ya. Don't look back. I owned AAPL at 7. Sold at 40, Owned LULU at 18; sold at 80. Having said that I own MSFT from 32; AMZN from 301.
    Back in the early 90's I lived in a house in the hills above Santa Cruz that was owned by a guy that worked at Apple. He had been on the same project since graduating college (and still had a few more years until the product was released). He made a point of buying at least 5-10 shares a week every week, sometimes he'd really load up. At that time his cost average was under $5 and he had a few thousand shares. When the i-mac finally came out he had nearly 75k and after the big split a few years back he waited a bit longer to sell out. Now he has been retired for over 10 years, owns and lives on an island in the Caribbean somewhere and is probably watching the world implode while he drinks Rum and Cokes. I think he's just reaching 50 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yeah, I sold AMD at $8. And I was pleased because I bought it at $2. It’s somewhere around $50 now.
    Yup AMD and ENPH are the two that were bugging me yesterday, shit I dumped ENPH at a touch over $5 for an 80% win at the time

buy VISL....and CPST

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    buy VISL....and CPST
    Shoulda posted VISL yesterday. What's the action on CPST?
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Hedge funds brace for second stock market plunge

https://www.ft.com/content/e1e1c3ef-...2-2af8c0aabe5b

“The S&P 500 index completed its best 50-day run in history on Wednesday, according to LPL Financial, closing within 8 per cent of its record high of mid-February.”
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Hedge funds brace for second stock market plunge

https://www.ft.com/content/e1e1c3ef-...2-2af8c0aabe5b

“The S&P 500 index completed its best 50-day run in history on Wednesday, according to LPL Financial, closing within 8 per cent of its record high of mid-February.”
    When do the markets surpass the Feb highs?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quality assets like GE, C, GM. AAPL had plenty of risk at the time.

30y bond is very close the yield when the Fed stepped in last March. Long rates don’t have to stay low. A steeper yield curve helps the Fed.

Fed could exit treasury buying soon.

LK coffee up 57% today. Shoulda put 200k on it yesterday instead of just $200.

If LK weren’t a total fraud, I’d be tempted to risk a small amount on them.

What a wild day in the market! QQQ and VTI both down, but AAL up 40%, and IVR finally showing signs of life. Maybe a couple short opportunities?

Quote Originally Posted by oppressed intellectual minority member broseph View Post
    Never short a market with ample liquidity.
    Yeah, I was asking hypothetically. I don’t have the balls to trade options. I tried my hand at it many years ago. It wasn’t a pleasant outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    If LK weren’t a total fraud, I’d be tempted to risk a small amount on them.

What a wild day in the market! QQQ and VTI both down, but AAL up 40%, and IVR finally showing signs of life. Maybe a couple short opportunities?
    Yeah I’m gonna see if I can ride it up until my profit = price of new fancy shell jacket I have my eye on. If I lose all $200 I won’t lose any sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Quality assets like GE, C, GM. AAPL had plenty of risk at the time.

30y bond is very close the yield when the Fed stepped in last March. Long rates don’t have to stay low. A steeper yield curve helps the Fed.

Fed could exit treasury buying soon.
    In the 50s, when the government debt was very high, the federal reserve kept the long term rates very low, probably do the budget deficit didn't get very high

The date thing will happen now. If the interest rates go up, the federal deficit will skyrocket, do the fed will keep looking rates down, probably for many years

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Pete View Post
    Shoulda posted VISL yesterday. What's the action on CPST?
    A dog I have had for a long time - trying to pump it to the dentists here so I can afford a Rolex.

This is insane. I feel like scalping the VTI I bought. Asteroid strike is imminent and the mkt just keeps creeping up. Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Everything is fine.

I think the riots are having a stimulative effect on the economy. A lot of retailers were trying to figure out how to get rid of their obsolete spring/summer inventory.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Glen beck said on the radio today that today's job numbers are a blessing from God.

no glen ! today's job numbers are just a reversal of what were extreme cuts by companies thinking the world was shutting down for maybe the rest of the year and the fed bailing out all sorts of companies on the backs of future generations; purely the action of men.

I figured you all would enjoy me being more extreme than glen beck.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    This is insane. I feel like scalping the VTI I bought. Asteroid strike is imminent and the mkt just keeps creeping up. Wtf?
    Literally my first thought this morning. Everything is fucked, yet the market is just whistling past the graveyard. Insane.

Wow. Airlines. Transportation. Everything.

LTM and HTZ are back to pre bankrupt levels.

My HTZ puts will expire worthless. LK to the moon. Even the most worthless dung up.

BobMC and I rolling in the cruise line dough.

I dont trust these numbers at all. More Trump lies. He was prepared for this, and is on TV right now doing a campaign speech about the greatest economy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Literally my first thought this morning. Everything is fucked, yet the market is just whistling past the graveyard. Insane.
    I'd suggest getting out and about. What the news is showing is 0.1% of the world. Go for a walk in your local park....go to your local Home Depot or Strip Mall....drive around and notice all the Amazon Delivery Trucks ...see your neighbors working in their yards....notice all the contractors remodeling houses and installing roofs.......the rest of the world is living their lives.

Hell, just get out of the "Padded Room" and look at all the other categories on TGR....Not everyone is a 24/7/365 Politics Whore.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Yeah I’m gonna see if I can ride it up until my profit = price of new fancy shell jacket I have my eye on. If I lose all $200 I won’t lose any sleep.
    I sold 2.50 call options against my LK position. So I didn't capture this move and will lose my shares when the options expire today. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    I'd suggest getting out and about. What the news is showing is 0.1% of the world. Go for a walk in your local park....go to your local Home Depot or Strip Mall....drive around and notice all the Amazon Delivery Trucks ...see your neighbors working in their yards....notice all the contractors remodeling houses and installing roofs.......the rest of the world is living their lives.

Hell, just get out of the "Padded Room" and look at all the other categories on TGR....Not everyone is a 24/7/365 Politics Whore.

This should be a sticky. Kudos.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post

The TGR upper middle class bubble gloats.

My question still stands. When does the DOW hit 30k? If it comes during Christmas week, we know it will be a gift from God, but only if Trump has been re-elected. Otherwise it's the work of the devil.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

BobMC and I rolling in the cruise line dough.
    Hell yeah! I almost loaded up on NCL a month ago, should've.