Page 428 of 729 FirstFirst ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 18218
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Man, I remember in 2008 when Bush just let Lehman Brothers crumble and everyone just stared on in horror as if he'd just shot a sick dog in the head. And then the imminent death spiral following it....

Good times...
    Yeah, but, different. That was the western world's financial system. Unimaginable amounts of equity would have just vanished. The argument for and against will go on for a century or more, but, it would have been really bad if it went a certain way. Again, it would have shown how we are a bygone empire if it got to that, because China would have survived much much better if we burned the banks. Now it's industrial and service companies that, trust me, will still be around with people employed after bankruptcy. They have a market. The CEOs and investors would be wiped clean, though. As it should be.

There should be a pitchfork or two sharpened if cruise ship lines get any money. They don't even pay taxes. But, then again, a lot of these companies don't.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Man, I remember in 2008 when Bush just let Lehman Brothers crumble and everyone just stared on in horror as if he'd just shot a sick dog in the head. And then the imminent death spiral following it....

Good times...
    I remember this time well. Bought an REO property from Merrill almost 60k under their sliding asking price (got a prompt response on my offer when Lehman went down). The home sold for $615k 15 months before I bought it at $390k. There was flat/low appreciation for years then it zoomed and I got 688k for it in 2015. I won’t be upset to pull off another one of those jobs if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I remember this time well. Bought an REO property from Merrill almost 60k under their sliding asking price (got a prompt response on my offer when Lehman went down). The home sold for $615k 15 months before I bought it at $390k. There was flat/low appreciation for years then it zoomed and I got 688k for it in 2015. I won’t be upset to pull off another one of those jobs if possible.
    Did you have cash for it at purchase, or were you able to get a decent mortgage?
    We bought a house here for an absolute song in 2013.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Cash will be king in six months, as back then. My 20/20 hindsight told me I should have bought properties in nice spots in Florida and Reno back then, when they were in the trash bin. A lot of people made money in the depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Cash will be king in six months, as back then. My 20/20 hindsight told me I should have bought properties in nice spots in Florida and Reno back then, when they were in the trash bin. A lot of people made money in the depression.
    How was cash king in 2013 when asset prices were their still near their lows? And in your brilliance you bought a condo in the perhaps the worst forward real estate market in america.

Check out Bioanal on the ticker.
    What's the problem? These folks can invest their Trump bux & UI benefits in a rising market

What is the best way to be long the USD?

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post

Short other currencies. Forex. Com

You can margin the trade a lot.

I wouldn't do it. You need to margin a lot to make money, which makes it risky.

Buy emerging stocks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Short other currencies. Forex. Com

You can margin the trade a lot.

I wouldn't do it. You need to margin a lot to make money, which makes it risky.

Buy emerging stocks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I did some further research and UUP seems like the next best option to just holding cash in your mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post

Look at UUP or USDU. Both are ETFs that track USD against other currency.

Wow, he's right. This business has an incredibly loyal following. I thought it was popular, but, I never knew.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...-for-next-year

"In the last 45 days, CruiseCompete.com, an online cruise marketplace, has seen a 40% increase in bookings for 2021 compared with 2019, said Heidi M. Allison, president of the company. Only 11% of the bookings are from people whose 2020 trips were canceled, she said.
    “People are still booking cruises and are anxious to sail again when this is all over,” she said."
    One cruise line, maybe carnival, was offering extra $$$ if you took a rain check instead of full refund. 50% were taking their money so far.

My father in law and his wife do like fucking 5 cruises a year. They are why I took my first (and last) cruise last summer. Hell in the ocean is all I can say.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Id consider a cruise to the Galapagos Islands, Antarctica or maybe something in AK/Artic. I don't think Ill ever cruise the Caribbean on anything bigger than a catamaran with friends.

A buddy is the professional photographer on antarctic cruise ships where he is basicly teaching photography, it doesnt sound near as bad as the usual cruises
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Stocks Gain as U.S. Weighs Restarting Economy
    U.S stocks rise after President Trump says the White House is working on a plan to reopen the U.S.

'merica. Run by the morans.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Stocks Gain as U.S. Weighs Restarting Economy
    U.S stocks rise after President Trump says the White House is working on a plan to reopen the U.S.

'merica. Run by the morans.
    Does anyone really trust this rally? I am shocked to be honest. I thought rattling around 18k or so would make for some good long term plays, but this is ridiculous.

so here is a question
    I had lots of people cancel projects because they were loosing money by the second back in early/mid march
    what if everyone starts pulling their money out of the stock market in the next couple weeks because the numbers are up?
    they can cash out and put the money somewhere "safe" what does that do to the stock market?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    so here is a question
    I had lots of people cancel projects because they were loosing money by the second back in early/mid march
    what if everyone starts pulling their money out of the stock market in the next couple weeks because the numbers are up?
    they can cash out and put the money somewhere "safe" what does that do to the stock market?
    That happened a few weeks ago. Now some is rushing back in.

so here is a question
    The average retail investor hardly moves markets. So few americans actually own stocks outside of retirement accounts. Your clientele although rich are also not market movers. it takes institutional movers these days to shake markets

so here is a question
    That's never happened before...

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Does anyone really trust this rally?
    apparently so

The average retail investor hardly moves markets. So few americans actually own stocks outside of retirement accounts. Your clientele although rich are also not market movers. it takes institutional movers these days to shake markets
    When numbers start shitting, the morgan stanleys will start shitting and then everything is going to take a giant shit. That's a lot of shit, man.

...or not

Does anyone really trust this rally? I am shocked to be honest. I thought rattling around 18k or so would make for some good long term plays, but this is ridiculous.
    No.

x2. exactly.
    "Can't you see..."

I'm definitely holding off on rebalancing for now.