Page 332 of 729 FirstFirst ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 18218

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    A swan can be any number of sizes, it’s the surprise.
    I can’t see how this is a surprise to anyone.

I think this will be a yr when we see “over sold” conditions. Wait a few months until we, the last to know, are informed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It sure was when it first started.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It sure was when it first started.
    Anyone who is surprised that can’t keep making 20% a yr for free needs a kick in the nuts.

That too....

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Anyone who is surprised that can’t keep making 20% a yr for free needs a kick in the nuts.

Who the hell has been making 20 per?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Who the hell has been making 20 per?
    The dumb asses who thought it was all real just a couple of days ago.

I wonder how many went on margin to buy over priced homes?

Could be a factor in a yr.

I know some cats around town that have been playing both amateur day traders and spec home builders making pretty good hay while constantly on vacation and having their face in a plate. Won’t be sad to see their run slowed a bit.

The dumb asses who thought it was all real just a couple of days ago.

I wonder how many went on margin to buy over priced homes?

Could be a factor in a yr.

Um, Zuckerberg has a mortgage. Pretty much everyone goes on "margin" to buy homes.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I know some cats around town that have been playing both amateur day traders and spec home builders making pretty good hay while constantly on vacation and having their face in a plate. Won’t be sad to see their run slowed a bit.
    Where do you people live?

Zuckerberg has a mortgage?

I really hope we get below January 20, 2017.

Maybe this Black Swan will stab Trump right in the heart, and we as a nation can rejoice. (I know, take it to polyass)
    You to people who say this, I’d say fuck off. Wishing harm upon millions of Americans who could potentially be unemployed is mighty self righteous because you don’t like an elected official. He’s not king for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seattle area for me but I bet you would find carbon copies of them in every emerging metro city. Easy come .... easy blow

And to no surprise the ones I’m thinking of believe Trump is the man.

I’m shocked I agree with Bennie. Where is this

I’ll take your ‘Fuck Me’, and raise you one...Fuck Trump. The end net result of his fiscal policies are going to be absolutely devastating in ten years or so, we need to stop him before he does more damage, even if it means short term pain.
    Look at the big picture.
    Four more years could destroy this nation.

I’m no economist, just a dumb ex trader, but I would think we’ve squeezed extra from the fed money tree.

Always interested to hear from those who understand the money supply better than I.

I will say, that I would imagine there is slot more risk on in banks, than there was pre Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Zuckerberg has a mortgage?
    Yup.

It's a matter of tax avoidance. These guys borrow on their perceived equity, therefore, never cashing out and paying zero taxes. Bezo's lives like this. They get super low rates. Fuck, who knows, maybe their accountants figured a refund in there.

I’ll take your ‘Fuck Me’, and raise you one...Fuck Trump. The end net result of his fiscal policies are going to be absolutely devastating in ten years or so, we need to stop him before he does more damage, even if it means short term pain.
    Look at the big picture.
    Four more years could destroy this nation.
    4 more years of anyone is not going to destroy or save the past 40 years of poor decisions and trillions spent on foreign wars. Plus deficits we’ve built up and poor tax codes. You don’t like trump, great, you’re still an asshole wishing pain on anyone.
    If you lose your job and struggle you’re not going to care who is in office.

Always interested to hear from those who understand the money supply better than I.
    Money supply, m1,2,3 etc., were important when Friedman was the prevailing economic theorist. It’s been proven a false narrative. Velocity is probably important but it’s been dead for so long. Monetary and fiscal stimulus are the biggest (only) drivers of growth these days.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I really hope we get below January 20, 2017.
    That’s still my forecast, pre election levels. Wipe out the Trump gains.

End of 2018 we were on our way, so I’m not 100% that we didn’t already fill that gap. But technically we did not.

If we do, I’m probably going back to college, for free. If they’ll take me, I imagine they’ll be a long line.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    4 more years of anyone is not going to destroy or save the past 40 years of poor decisions and trillions spent on foreign wars. Plus deficits we’ve built up and poor tax codes. You don’t like trump, great, you’re still an asshole wishing pain on anyone.
    If you lose your job and struggle you’re not going to care who is in office.

I don’t think you entirely understand the severity of the situation.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/us-...-fed-official/

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    What's missing other than short term rates at zero? 30 year rate is barely off its all time low. I agree that there is a minimum administrative rate.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=NUh
    Sorry for drift. I realize this isn't the topic of the thread, but it's what I know. I'm into bonds and the secondary mortgage market. No dickwaving portfolio claims. Just leaving this for posterity and I'll try to check back in as shitter time allows... Lots of buzzwords depending on one's background, but goggleable for those who are super interested. Saves me another 5 paragraphs not having to define things like "option adjusted duration."

Short term rates apply to short term loans. Option adjusted duration on an average mortgage varies between 4 and 12 years historically and is hugging the low end of that range now due ti 2017 and 2018 vintages of MBS/mortgages being unequivocally in the money. Anyway, those duration realities make 5s, 10s, and a 5/10 blend the preferred benchmarks for tracking MBS spreads.

The reason mortgage rates aren't falling as fast as treasuries is almost always negative convexity. Long story short, mortgages are bonds that can be called by the consumer any time they want to sell or refi. Mortgage investors pay a premium for the right to collect interest in those loans/bonds. If the consumer calls early, investor is left holding the bag and thus pays much less premium for the next one. Lower premium = lower mortgage bond pricing= higher mortgage rates relative to benchmarks.

This is compounded by lender pipelines where adjusting rate offerings too aggressively risks lock fallout and lost business. Long story short, if people refi too quick, the investors fronting the money aren't going to pay as much because they won't collect as much interest. Investor prepayment expectations cause mortgage rates to move lower like a tortoise to the Treasury market's hare.

Negative reaction to next Fed easing could be a catalyst. They’ve already announced exit from the repo market in April.

I think oil is going to be the next market to fail. If it does there could be trouble in the junk market. Lots of shale energy debt is maturing and they won’t be able to refinance with low energy price

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft....d-25e377c0ee1f

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Money supply, m1,2,3 etc., were important when Friedman was the prevailing economic theorist. It’s been proven a false narrative. Velocity is probably important but it’s been dead for so long. Monetary and fiscal stimulus are the biggest (only) drivers of growth these days.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V
    Wholeheartedly agree. Always chuckle when my clients tell me something else should be happening due to money supply/velocity.

There's a lot of old guy thinking that no longer applies.

I don’t think you entirely understand the severity of the situation.
    I think letting your emotions put the blame at the feet of a single individual is childish and immature.
    You rail against trump, but you know in the midst of impeachment, Nancy and Chuck passed the largest federal budget of all time knowing full well the deficit was a trillion fucking dollars. Not to mention during the Obama years where he doubled the deficit, the republican house and senate passed his spending bills. So in the end, the all fucking spend money we don't have.
    I didn't give him credit for the stock run and I won't give him blame for a correction.
    Like a bunch of fucking children in here.