Page 329 of 729 FirstFirst ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 18222
    As an idiot who has been averaging into SDS, TLT, and UVXY since late September I could use a few more days like today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    can any of you higher ups comment on how a run on banks by depositors would play out? like a wells or boa and smaller

People don't have their money in banks anymore.

can any of you higher ups comment on how a run on banks by depositors would play out? like a wells or boa and smaller
    Just watch "Its a Wonderful Life." Fast forward to the part where Uncle Billy looses the envelope.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    We’re going back to pre election break out levels Benny.
    3000 was a well tested breakout. 11% down.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Hell yeah housing/building prices are going to return to some semblance of sane and just in time to do a major remodel.
    Housing could hold up well. The people who don’t own much stock want homes and rates are low.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Housing could hold up well. The people who don’t own much stock want homes and rates are low.
    It amazes me we’ve held up so well this month. I remember following the long shore mans strike and selling lots of puts to people. We both won.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    3000 was a well tested breakout. 11% down.
    So far the sell off is just a flesh wound
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Just watch "Its a Wonderful Life." Fast forward to the part where Uncle Billy looses the envelope.
    Winner: Best Answer of the Month

I'm glad I sold a chunk of securities in January, although now I wish I would have sold more.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Hell yeah housing/building prices are going to return to some semblance of sane and just in time to do a major remodel.
    good luck so many people are on the sidelines waiting for the shit to hit the fan to remodel build and buy
    with all those people waiting for the timing, how is it really going to go to shit when they are ready to go, I mean places like utica will take it in the ass but other places won't blink

the number of people who bailed on the trades in 08 and never came back is massive
    shit hits the fan again and your going to wipe out another huge amount of trades people
    goto any job site and ask how many people are under 40, maybe 1 out of 10 workers
    there is zero hispanics becoming part of the work work force right now
    it's grim
    I'm not trying to get rich just keeping up with the cost of doing business insurance is stupid, trade wars, paying beginers 18 an hr, a cedar 2x12x16 is well over $100.00 WTF??????

Breck won't even blink, and Utica can't get worse.

Stock prices will affect 2nd home market.

The second home market will affect the second home market.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    good luck so many people are on the sidelines waiting for the shit to hit the fan to remodel build and buy
    with all those people waiting for the timing, how is it really going to go to shit when they are ready to go, I mean places like utica will take it in the ass but other places won't blink

the number of people who bailed on the trades in 08 and never came back is massive
    shit hits the fan again and your going to wipe out another huge amount of trades people
    goto any job site and ask how many people are under 40, maybe 1 out of 10 workers
    it's grim
    I'm not trying to get rich just keeping up with the cost of doing business insurance is stupid, trade wars, paying beginers 18 an hr, a cedar 2x12x16 is well over $100.00 WTF??????
    can you comment on trades like plumbing? reason, i was going to do a spec project in breck in 2016 and i was quoted $750 a hole. i got into a battle with engineering and had to take it to county commission...by the time i prevailed it was like a year later, and i had one quote for plumbing as high as $2,250 a hole...where is this number currently?...just curious... i ended up scrapping the project and selling the lot...peak 7
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The second home market will affect the second home market.
    Yup

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The second home market will affect the third home market.
    FIFY

Ha.

reason, i was going to do a spec project in breck in 2016 and i was quoted $750 a hole. i got into a battle with engineering and had to take it to county commission... i ended up scrapping the project and selling the lot...peak 7
    Reading this genuinely brought a smile to my face. We're not happy, unless you're not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    it's grim
    I think these observations are local/regional. Trades out here are full of young guys, the vast majority of them are Latino, and they have more work than they know what to do with. HVAC guys, plumbers and sparkies tend to be the youngest, most of the crews I see in those trades are in their twenties. Hardly any white boys swinging hammers out here any more.

There's more work than there are tradesmen out here at this point, even gophers are making $35-40/hour.

Tile guys around here are all seem to be Russian/eastern European. They're the real insolent scumbags, and they have the shittiest taste in music.

Can you really find anyone who will even sweep up for $18/hour? Nobody is going to lift a finger on a job site for under about $30/hour out here.
    Last edited by glademaster; 02-25-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Is the stock market going to tank?

I don’t care where I buy, I care that I am always in the black. Now, if you’ve been investing a little bit every month, all your career (dentists) the sequence of returns does not apply to you until your close to retirement age. But if you are investing lump sums, it does.

There is no fucking way, I’d put new money in this mkt for at least another 20%.

Is the stock market going to tank?

Old, rich, white guys were melting down in the locker room this morning.

The tip of the iceberg, still up big in 12 months, and they were crying.

I told them “much more to come”.

Oh, the look, was priceless.

Fuck them. Really. 20% down does nothing to the long term trend. Heck, 50% down wouldn’t even be that bad technically. 1650 was Brexit news four years ago.

Testing low end of the support range now at 3200. 10Y note right on all time low of 1.32%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I've had a lot of cash sitting on the sidelines. Still not sure when to jump in, or maybe I'll just dollar cost average.

My dad (<1 year from retirement) was 100% equities as of early January. I convinced him to move to VTWNX, which he did mid January. Took about 3 hours of talking to convince him it wasn't a wise idea to be all in VTSAX when he's that close to drawing on his nest egg.
    He moved it all at once?

Brilliant IMHO.

Why so angry? Markets go up, markets go down. If those old rich white dudes as you described where my dad, I wouldn’t be happy seeing them upset. How do you know they aren’t donating tons of appreciated shares to charities or using the cash flow to care for an aging spouse with Alzheimer’s. Being happy because you like to be a contrarian doesn’t make you smart it makes you an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Why so angry? Markets go up, markets go down. If those old rich white dudes as you described where my dad, I wouldn’t be happy seeing them upset. How do you know they aren’t donating tons of appreciated shares to charities or using the cash flow to care for an aging spouse with Alzheimer’s. Being happy because you like to be a contrarian doesn’t make you smart it makes you an asshole.
    “First lesson in business is: Don’t get emotional about stock, clouds your judgement.”

still trying to understand what the point of this stock market thing is besides aggregation iof wealth. i won’t be sad when unearned money is lost, it’s a leech game we make up. bring the FUD