Page 328 of 729 FirstFirst ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 18218
    Gap down 1%+ to 3300 on the Sunday open. It kinda has to hold here on the close tomorrow or 3220 is next stop.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It’s always sunny on Wall Street.
    So far, Wall Street has been operating under the assumption the Fed will step in to counter any slowdown from China.

How would they do that?

The Fed could lower interest rates (say ~50 basis points) and continue with quantitative easing. The yield curve has once again inverted (3m/10y) and so Markets might expect the Fed to respond the same way it did last March, the last time the yield curve inverted.

Nasdaq futures are down 5% from their all time high last week.

Black Swan Virus
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The Fed could lower interest rates (say ~50 basis points) and continue with quantitative easing. The yield curve has once again inverted (3m/10y) and so Markets might expect the Fed to respond the same way it did last March, the last time the yield curve inverted.
    Dude, been there done that. Still there. Drop rates to what?

We just gave rich people and corporations a massive tax break? How'd that work out for reinvestment and stimulation?

Already at 3240. If 3200 doesn't hold next stop 3000. No big deal on the daily/weekly chart.

I went 100% bond etf in October 2018. I missed the chance to buy equity last December but in spite of that bonds are killing it for me.
    10y going to zero.

Dow and S&P down almost 3%. Yeehaw.

Long, long over due.

Knock another 20% off if Sanders becomes the nominee.

Then if Trump has nothing left to stand on, another 10% as Bernie becomes a real contender.

Then another 20% if he wins.

Maybe more.

Good bye cruel world.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

We just gave rich people and corporations a massive tax break? How'd that work out for reinvestment and stimulation?
    If you’re asking me for my opinion then I’d say we should have engaged in more countercyclical policy rather than the current administrations procyclical policy because of situations like the one we’re experiencing now.

But, to answer your questions:

1) As long as investors want to exchange financial assets for Fed account credits (which they’re already signally they do) then the Fed has plenty of ammunition to go along with a rate drop in March. Fed policy cannot fix a supply shock for parts of the economy directly affected by an epidemic but they can make the problem worse by not responding quickly and allowing unaffected parts of the economy to slow as well.

2) In addition to the tax breaks, there has been massive Keynesian levels of federal fiscal spending which has contributed to the US’s first decade plus expansion.

For weeks markets were complacent about Covid-19 and now maybe they're too afraid. Who knows? Markets are in some sense always wrong because even the best guess about the future is never exactly how things turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Long, long over due.

Knock another 20% off if Sanders becomes the nominee.

Then if Trump has nothing left to stand on, another 10% as Bernie becomes a real contender.

Then another 20% if he wins.

Maybe more.

Good bye cruel world.

Wait, wait. I've heard this before. Hmmmm. Oh yeah, 2016! Trump will destroy your 401k!

OTOH, as we've discussed before, where else can all that money go? There's nowhere else to get returns.

Wait, wait. I've heard this before. Hmmmm. Oh yeah, 2016! Trump will destroy your 401k!
    Yeah, see above. You can't just walk away when you're painted into a corner.

Yeah, buying on discount in a few days.

The verdict is not quite out on that yet...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

damn....boyz
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Is the stock market going to tank?

We’re going back to pre election break out levels Benny.

Benny. Your not one of those silver sneaker dudes at my GYM, who change the channel to CNBC without asking me?

When Armageddon comes, I will tell them they were all stupid amateurs and they can now greet people at target.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Good bye cruel world.

Hell yeah housing/building prices are going to return to some semblance of sane and just in time to do a major remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    If you’re asking me for my opinion then I’d say we should have engaged in more countercyclical policy rather than the current administrations procyclical policy because of situations like the one we’re experiencing now.

But, to answer your questions:

1) As long as investors want to exchange financial assets for Fed account credits (which they’re already signally they do) then the Fed has plenty of ammunition to go along with a rate drop in March. Fed policy cannot fix a supply shock for parts of the economy directly affected by an epidemic but they can make the problem worse by not responding quickly and allowing unaffected parts of the economy to slow as well.

2) In addition to the tax breaks, there has been massive Keynesian levels of federal fiscal spending which has contributed to the US’s first decade plus expansion.

For weeks markets were complacent about Covid-19 and now maybe they're too afraid. Who knows? Markets are in some sense always wrong because even the best guess about the future is never exactly how things turn out.
    Well, I don't know where you live, but, it's coming on two years since that stupid tax break , and I really don't see squat besides a raging stock market.
    And, really, massive Keynesian levels of federal spending? Where? Bridges? Airports? Highways? Housing? Education? What the fuck. Are you some sort of bot? I don't see shit except the rich getting a fuck richer and the poor dying off in bigger numbers. Life expectancy is DOWN! Something like 25-45 million with zero medical insurance, and pretty much everyone else not on Medicare underinsured. 1.6 trillion in student debt like an albatross on an entire generation. An entire generation with no choice but to save every meager disposable penny for retirement, further suppressing the economy. And a maniac in the white house starting trade wars, returning us to 30's style economic isolation.

You must be doing well to type that bullshit

Benny = Berner?

Pretty much at this point.

I've had a lot of cash sitting on the sidelines. Still not sure when to jump in, or maybe I'll just dollar cost average.

My dad (<1 year from retirement) was 100% equities as of early January. I convinced him to move to VTWNX, which he did mid January. Took about 3 hours of talking to convince him it wasn't a wise idea to be all in VTSAX when he's that close to drawing on his nest egg.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Benny = Berner?
    Right? I even prefaced my response by saying I disagree with current policy.

But, yeah, Benny, a lot of people accumulated massive amounts of wealth over the past decade.. and I'm shocked, shocked!, to find out it was not evenly distributed. Has this ever happened before in America, comrade?

What the fuck does that mean?

can any of you higher ups comment on how a run on banks by depositors would play out? like a wells or boa and smaller
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....