Page 326 of 729 FirstFirst ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    1) What happened to "not your keys, not your bitcoin"?
    2) "Your Crypto Interest Account is not a checking or savings account, and it is not covered by insurance against losses. We will lend, sell, pledge, rehypothecate, assign, invest, use, commingle or otherwise dispose of funds and cryptocurrency assets to counterparties, and we will use our commercial best efforts to prevent losses. In certain jurisdictions, cryptocurrency is not legal tender, and is not backed by the government. Accounts and value balances are not subject to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or Securities Investor Protection Corporation protections. Legislative and regulatory changes or actions at the state, federal, or international level may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of cryptocurrency. Transactions in cryptocurrency may be irreversible, and, accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may not be recoverable. "
    You'll note that M-series JONG did not promise gains, only "no asset will match the risk/return profile of BTC" - which I believe.

Might go up. Might go down. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns...

Using bitcoin for an emergency fund is idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Got a total JONG question for you investment wizards. We have a Fidelity account for a SEP IRA from an old employer. When we started it, I just stuck the funds in a FFFFX (Fidelity Freedom 2040) fund.

It's drifted a bit over time and is now 46% domestic stock and 40% international stock which feels a bit too much on the risk side. Especially given the rat flu deal which is sure to make things more volatile. At a minimum, I would like to reduce the stock down to more like 70% tops. What's the easiest way to change that on their website?

I watched a youtube video from a couple years ago showing how to shift the percentages for a 403b and it seemed easy enough, but I don't see that function at all on Fidelity's site. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Here or PM is fine. Thanks for any and all input.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I don't get it why is this bat flue whatever such a big deal that it effects the stock market
    thousands of people die from the flu every year in the country
    not totally related unless travel and actual import and export of goods with china is affected; but; we have been I a period of no declines greater than 1% for months, a decline end of January is not ucommon. the bat/rat flu just may be the trigger that caused and overbought mkt to cool off.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    not totally related unless travel and actual import and export of goods with china is affected; but; we have been I a period of no declines greater than 1% for months, a decline end of January is not ucommon. the bat/rat flu just may be the trigger that caused and overbought mkt to cool off.
    thanks I guess I didn't think about import/exports
    cause the flu could be in the cheap Chinese drywall we were importing at one point along with all the formaldehyde and arsenic that was in there too

I don't get it why is this bat flue whatever such a big deal that it effects the stock market
    They announced flight shutdowns today. The world trade infrastructure is slowly pulling plugs. Cities down , now flights, next shipping, the latter is how the black plague was exported to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They announced flight shutdowns today. The world trade infrastructure is slowly pulling plugs. Cities down , now flights, next shipping, the latter is how the black plague was exported to Europe.
    too many people still watch the nightly news it's all fear based information
    then the internet spews just as much bs
    fear keeps everyone inside

It's all about zombies, Fred. What if the rat flu turns everyone into zombies? That's the question these investors are pondering.

it's bc regular business is interrupted.
    an easy example is that Starbuck temporarily closed ~2,000 of it's stores in china. that'll impact the quarterly earnings in lost sales, so prior sales/ revenue estimates for the quarter and yr will need to be decreased which basically = lower growth yoy= lower stock valuation = lower stock price
    some US co's with no exposure to china have not had their stock prices as impacted so it's situational. but those are more few and far between
    skid luxury

no it's the zombies.

Is the stock market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Got a total JONG question for you investment wizards. We have a Fidelity account for a SEP IRA from an old employer. When we started it, I just stuck the funds in a FFFFX (Fidelity Freedom 2040) fund.

It's drifted a bit over time and is now 46% domestic stock and 40% international stock which feels a bit too much on the risk side. Especially given the rat flu deal which is sure to make things more volatile. At a minimum, I would like to reduce the stock down to more like 70% tops. What's the easiest way to change that on their website?
    Switch to 2025 fund. Easy

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mu...mary/315792663

too many people still watch the nightly news it's all fear based information
    then the internet spews just as much bs
    fear keeps everyone inside
    The black plague left 30% of farmland in Europe fallow, due to population loss. During the Grand finale of the worldwide Spanish Flu in 1918, before it suddenly flamed out, they were calling out, "Bring out your dead!" In Philadelphia for a month, as the carts moved down the streets. I trust this can't get that bad, but, who knows. We're due.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    no it's the zombies.
    if so I hope they are more mundane/comical zombies like in shaun of the dead & zombieland vs WWZ etc
    skid luxury

You meant desperate places to chase return. I.e.: WeWork.

Quote Originally Posted by 3GwcJPGb3VbWFk95qYWTn4F View Post
    Stocks only price based on forward earnings expectations when money is scarce. Since late 2018 P/E, P/S all rocketing higher while EPS are flat & margins compressing, global trade past its apogee.

Because liquidity is king & earnings are window dressing on valuations. The market is flooded with liquidity and desperate for places to store purchasing power.

https://www.yardeni.com/pub/peacockfeval.pdf
    I was trying to explain it simply for someone in an entirely different industry that wanted to understand
    Or you could just keep showing your obvious inferiority complex by trying to sound smarter than everyone
    and as mentioned in the other thread you try to overcomplicate to sound smarter- next time you change that name make sure it's chicken little
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Exactly. It’s the definition of a ‘Black Swan Event’, IMO.
    But I may be wrong.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I was trying to explain it simply for someone in an entirely different industry that wanted to understand
    Or you could just keep showing your obvious inferiority complex by trying to sound smarter than everyone
    and as mentioned in the other thread you try to overcomplicate to sound smarter- next time you change that name make sure it's chicken little

Quote Originally Posted by 3GwcJPGb3VbWFk95qYWTn4F View Post
    Stocks only price based on forward earnings expectations when money is scarce. Since late 2018 P/E, P/S all rocketing higher while EPS are flat & margins compressing, global trade past its apogee.

Because liquidity is king & earnings are window dressing on valuations. The market is flooded with liquidity and desperate for places to store purchasing power.

https://www.yardeni.com/pub/peacockfeval.pdf
    This is tgr bro time for you to go

Your core audience is people like me who failed English couldn't get past remedial math and barely graduated hs but excelled at ski bumming

Knock it off

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by egXy6MRATeNV4vkUwU4guj View Post
    Ah yes, the virtue of simplifying by... bullshitting?

That was the simple version by the way... maybe go back to instagram, tootz.
    good one. tootz
    except you're going to die before it dies, so live your life
    it's the game. don't waste your life hating it

and simplifying for someone in a different industry is being friendly to my friends. fastfred simplifies home improvements for me

you on the other hand
    skid luxury

Changing names and offering analysis is a lot like some of the charlatan investment companies. They start a new fund every year and pitch the ones that win in their advertising.

Ah yes, the virtue of simplifying by... bullshitting?

That was the simple version by the way... maybe go back to instagram, tootz.
    You're trying too hard.

And existing, levered participants don't have the ability to withstand historically normal volatility. There are a million modes of destruction alongside very few modes of perseverance, even then you're faced with stagnation.
    PARKLIFE!
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Those lacking the ability to compete with ideas focus on identity.
    PARKLIFE!

A picture of captain bitcoin pump n dump after he's left someone else holding the bag!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    A picture of captain bitcoin pump n dump after he's left someone else holding the bag!
    Maybe it's his new identity: shwWj647Shwoiuw54WHKMnshke

Is the stock market going to tank?

really, really bad btw. Really bad. So bad.
    just like you
    bye
    skid luxury