Page 314 of 327 FirstFirst ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 8162
    Frackers wouldnít have made it without investment and subsidies.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I still stand by my prediction we close the Trump gap before he leaves office.

The guy is a risk taker, buy vol. even if heís right, it would take a decade for our economy to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    true but tesla is also being subsidized, they may not even had made it if the us taxpayer wasn't helping them out. uber isn't intentionally paying down the rates of its drivers, whatever they are making is the going rate or uber drivers would switch over to lyft (if they pay more) and you'd have a hard time getting an uber driver.
    Why is it that you are so quick to point out Teslaís subsidies but never a peep about the oil companies, coal companies, combustion car companies, gun industry, etc etc? Gee I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Why is it that you are so quick to point out Teslaís subsidies but never a peep about the oil companies, coal companies, combustion car companies, gun industry, etc etc? Gee I wonder...
    Because it canít get you laid.

Because that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I still stand by my prediction we close the Trump gap before he leaves office.

The guy is a risk taker, buy vol. even if heís right, it would take a decade for our economy to adjust.

A "risk taker"?? What the fuck. He's a fucking carny Barker and failure. Just wait a few years.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

I find it odd the market had priced in a successful trade deal with China, wtf are they smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Donít get emotional about stock. We create nothing.
    I often think about a sticker on one of my Geo prof office, "If it is not grown, it has to be mined."

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Iím looking at T on this pullback. I like their positioning with content and bandwidth. Trucks are all over my hood running new cable.
    Yeah I thought the same about T a bit ago and got in at $28.6

Wife picked a few pharma stocks that she thinks have good ideas, big gambles but what the heck, last one she picked did really well.

Not sure how well uber is positioned for autonomous stuff, but whoever figures out drone delivery and self driving taxis will be $$$$.

Uber and Airbnb got subsidies in the form of running illegal businesses until regulators caught up with them. Billions in use taxes never paid. I'm ok with these because they serve consumers well but there is no mistake early investors are getting a gift in the form of unpaid taxes and transferring wealth from previously regulated industries.

Stay away
    https://cnbcmbr-vh.akamaihd.net/i/mp...m3u8?__b__=700

from China:
    “If we discuss, our door is always wide open; if we fight, we’ll fight to the last,” CCTV anchorman Kang Hui said to an audience that was likely in the tens, if not hundreds, of millions. ”The U.S.-initiated trade war with China is just a hurdle in China’s development process. It is no big deal. China must strengthen its confidence, overcome difficulties, turn crisis into opportunity, and fight to create a new world.”
    From USA:
    “Their [sic] is no reason for the U.S. consumer to pay the Tariffs, which take effect on China today,” Trump tweeted. “Also, the Tariffs can be completely avoided if you by [sic] from a non-Tariffed country, or you buy the product inside the USA (the best idea.)”
    It will be interesting if China opts out of the next round of T-note buys.

China's net short USD so offloading USTs would only accelerate their own liquidity issues.

There's this idiotic notion out there that the US is beholden to China. It's just not so. Not militarily, economically or geopolitically. China's focus is on preserving the country as-is under CCP rule. The status quo is predicated on this false image of exceptionalism. It can only be sustained by constant, massive liquidity injections & credit increases alongside strict capital flight restrictions. Recognizing bad debt or allowing capital to flow freely across borders would render the country insolvent in a matter of months.

Everybody sing it with me now:

“What goes up...must come...down...”
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

With a backbeat of a bunch of guys chanting. MAGA, MAGA, MAGA.....

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Stop it. Jesus.

Why is it that you are so quick to point out Tesla’s subsidies but never a peep about the oil companies, coal companies, combustion car companies, gun industry, etc etc? Gee I wonder...
    single company vs. industrys

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I find it odd the market had priced in a successful trade deal with China, wtf are they smoking.

I often think about a sticker on one of my Geo prof office, "If it is not grown, it has to be mined."
    Don't forget 'Strip mining prevents forest fires.'

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post

Wife picked a few pharma stocks that she thinks have good ideas, big gambles but what the heck, last one she picked did really well.
    Totally agreed on 1 and agreed on bio/pharma
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Don't forget 'Strip mining prevents forest fires.'
    That's a good one for sure. My other favorite mining conference bumper sticker is, "Earth first, we'll mine the other planets later."
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Some good thoughts by Morgan H today:

https://www.quora.com/session/Morgan-Housel/1

How the fuck is quora worth $2 Billion?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    How the fuck is quora worth $2 Billion?
    or uber worth $70 billion market cap today, (with 2017 Gross Revenue $7.9 billion, EBITA LOSS of $4 billion), their workforce striking in protest of lowered commissions, govt's cranking down with regulations, etc) or $75 billion last week or whenever they went public...
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

Last year for 'Threads for Shreds' jacket trade in program!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

One word, tulips.

Deueactusch Bank warning, read Squeeze comments below the tweet. The gist of it is an appearance of stability where indexes are stable relative to history only when price is inside the current band of positioning (like a collar). If and when price is shocked outside of that band, the stabilizing force inverts into a destabilizing one and they become much less stable than historical performance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liq.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	283271

https://twitter.com/GunjanJS/status/1130571736464941056

Name:  squeeeze.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  41.1 KB

(imo) just saw cnbc talk and found that equity market made up 60% of ETFs (and such)....which basically says the structure is a house of cards...apparently these things didnt even exist as publicly traded entities until around 1994. So, where once equity markets consisted of real companies and some pump and dumps, now its real companies (some that never make a profit e.g. Square) , pump and dumps, and ponzi type companies (etf). berkshire is not one of these because they actually buy entire companies of which the first one was an insurance company which takes in premiums (cash) and makes investments in equities and businesses. They don't have to pay the premiums back since they are primarily property and auto insurers. The etfs shares are sold so an investor expects to be able to sell their shares...works until you're the last one holding in a free fall...
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

Last year for 'Threads for Shreds' jacket trade in program!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

I recently found a replacement for Google Finance (which google ruined awhile ago) for keeping an eye on my personal portfolio. I like to easily see cost, profit/loss $ & %, price, etc without logging into brokerage account. Also like to compare each purchase to if I had just put the money in the s&p.

Using google sheets there is a GOOGLEFINANCE function: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093281?hl=en

Easy to customize and create plots.

Not a lot of support below 2800. A quick move to 2700 is possible. Thin trade tomorrow ahead of a holiday. This is a good weekend for an adversary or traders to do something to the dollar.

VIX is not my thing but at 18 today it seems cheap