Page 313 of 332 FirstFirst ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 8297
    Wow not bad at all.
    DOW only down .25% and NASDAQ NYSE and S&P down .5%

Stock market being relatively strong doesnít mean the economy is weak either

Sure rates are low, were things so much better in 1983 when rates were very high? Or 1992? 98? 2006?
    Decisions Decisions

This will certainly be interesting. Two parties who bargain in bad faith squaring off against each other.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Falling big today

Double tops gain traction when the move accelerates away. Next real support is around 2800.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Interesting article about inflation:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/425...=mw_quote_news

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Interesting article about inflation:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/425...=mw_quote_news
    I'm convinced the Fed is so beholden to political and legacy banking establishments that they've abandoned any pretense of responsibility in favor of the "not on my watch" model of reactive experimentation. ZIRP/NIRP is a short term consumption boost/support that renders banking an uneconomic activity. And it suppresses savings & capital accumulation at the individual level - traditionally a primary source of future capital investment and consumer demand. It seems they're content to rely on govt largesse & higher private/public debt ratios to drive forward demand?

The aggressive exploitation of agency conflict and regulatory/legislature capture are the defining characteristics of modern America. As the Fed is owned by WS banks, it would be incredibly naive to assume they're free of such problems.

Never understood the run up in STMP. Itís a low margin shipping portal.

This has been a massive uptrend. I rarely look at charts anymore, but even in the sell off in December we were never in a down trend according to what I look at.

I still think itís coming though. Especially if Trump gets 4 more yrs.

Good timing:

The Federal Communications Commission voted unanimously on Thursday to deny China Mobile Ltd's bid to provide U.S. telecommunications services, citing risks that the Chinese government could use the approval to conduct espionage against the U.S. government.

China Mobile, which is owned by the Chinese government, sought approval in 2011 to provide interconnection services for phone calls between the United States and other countries. The approval would have given it enhanced access to U.S. telephone lines, fiber-optic cable, cellular networks and communications satellites.

Anyone else aware that China prints money ad infinitum as a statecraft-borne strategy to physically buy enough of the west to hedge against currency devaluation?

In that kind of environment it makes sense to disengage on as many economic fronts as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Stock market being relatively strong doesnít mean the economy is weak either

Sure rates are low, were things so much better in 1983 when rates were very high? Or 1992? 98? 2006?
    Yeah, in 1983 valuations were really low, so returns for the next 15+years were outstanding.

Not the same today at all.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Anyone else old enough to remember the mid to late 80s penny sock fiasco? Talk about a pyramid scheme LOL.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Anyone else aware that China prints money ad infinitum as a statecraft-borne strategy to physically buy enough of the west to hedge against currency devaluation?

In that kind of environment it makes sense to disengage on as many economic fronts as possible.
    I am. Seen it with my own eyes, and felt it in my own wallet. Anyone who does not recognize this is purely ignorant.

I donít care what I pay for socks at Walmart.

There's long term, and sorta long term.

A Quirk of the Calendar Is Messing With Stocks https://nyti.ms/2Hb9Rjm

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Last weeks low taken out. 2800 was the breakout of the reverse H&S so it may stabilize in a 1% range from here.

China just has their own version of predatory capitalism like the USA. It's not entirely their fault where it is.
    Last edited by 4matic; 05-13-2019 at 08:17 AM.

UBER. lol.. Poster boy for predatory capitalism. The rush for the exits on this one could be monumental. Of course, Benny's boy Bob Lutz, who hates Tesla loves UBER. No surprise there.

4matic never met a fraud he couldn't rationalize.

Capitalism is a fraud in many ways. If you canít rationalize fraud you canít profit.

Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred Ė from one perception to another. Like magic

If you think I was rationalizing Tesla then it is your own blinded perception. Iíve never said Tesla stock will not fail.

4matic as nihilist.

There is truth to that.

Donít get emotional about stock. We create nothing.

Iím looking at T on this pullback. I like their positioning with content and bandwidth. Trucks are all over my hood running new cable.

Regardless of Tesla future it is a business that has created 30k+ high paying jobs. Uber otoh is getting wealthy exploiting transitional and unskilled workers creating a permanent underclass.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Regardless of Tesla future it is a business that has created 30k+ high paying jobs. Uber otoh is getting wealthy exploiting transitional and unskilled workers creating a permanent underclass.

true but tesla is also being subsidized, they may not even had made it if the us taxpayer wasn't helping them out. uber isn't intentionally paying down the rates of its drivers, whatever they are making is the going rate or uber drivers would switch over to lyft (if they pay more) and you'd have a hard time getting an uber driver.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !