Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    Just sat down to my first bowl since I started this thread. This shit is tasty.

Anybody know why there isn't toys in the box anymore?
    Did it take this long for the roof of your mouth to heal?

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    Did it take this long for the roof of your mouth to heal?

Do any of you remember the cereal 'Freakies'?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Well, at least the name for the second son is picked out.
    Damn vasectomy

Mmmmm, so good on Pixy Stix sandwiches..

A local joint is known for its captain crunch french toast. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiEvil View Post
    All I know is it turns my kid's poop Kelly green. Absolutely freaked me out the first time it happened.
    The crunchberries are the culprit here. Same thing happens if you drink a shit load of grape soda.

It is funny that this came up. We were in Mammoth two weeks ago and selected an interesting wine in Petra's. The waiter told us the story of how the wine maker invented captain crunch. Turns out to be true:

http://www.cgdiarie.com/Chaim_s_Bio_rev09.pdf

As an inventor and new food product developer, Chaim Gur-Arieh spent 35 years preparing himself for the role of winemaker at C.G. Di Arie Vineyard & Winery.

Born in Istanbul, Turkey, Chaim immigrated to Israel as a teenager. After completing his military service as an officer in a tank division, Chaim studied at the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology and received his B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering. Soon after, Chaim moved to the United States to continue his education at the University of Illinois where he earned a Masters and a Ph.D. in Food Science with minors in Biochemistry and Chemical Engineering.

Chaim then joined the Quaker Oats company where he helped develop the breakfast Cereal “Cap’n Crunch”. He moved to California to become Director of New Products at Del Monte Corporation where he created an array of new products including “Pudding Cups”, “Gel Cups”, “Yogurt Cups”, etc. In 1974 Chaim married Elisheva and founded Food Development Corporation, where he developed numerous new products including “Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing”, “Power Bars” and “Wine Coolers”. In 1980, Chaim merged Food Development Corporation with California Brands Flavors, his newly created flavor company. Over the next 18 years Chaim transformed California Brands Flavors into a major West Coast flavor company where he created a database of 5000 flavors for the food industry.

In 1998, Chaim and Elisheva sold their flavor company to Mane & Fils, an international flavor company and went on to pursue their life-long dream of creating world class wines. In his new role as Winemaker, Chaim developed his innovative “Dual Compartment Submerged Cap Fermentation Tank” (patent pending) which he uses to craft his delicious red wines. Chaim’s wines are highly extracted, soft and elegant – a perfect match to fine cuisine WWW.CGDIAIRE.COM

during my second week of beast barracks at west point i pissed off our sergeant by encouraging my friend to join me in beating him in a front-leaning rest competition.

the next morning at breakfast as i reached for the cap'n crunch i was met with a very loud 'stop!'. i was then informed that i needed to salute the cap'n and ask for 'permission to come aboard' before i ate my bowl of cereal. however, seeing as how the majority of cardboard boxes filled with sugar-infused early-morning 'nutrition' do not recognize a proper salute (and much less fail to return it and grant permission to access the previously-mentionedmanufactured deliciosity), i was left with a dilemma. needless to say, i spent the next 30 minutes saluting a box of cereal and lusting over a breakfast than i had dreamt of since reveille 4 hours earlier.

that shit sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    I mean, what flavor is this....
    It's the sweet taste of victory with lively overtones of win, winliness, and pure domination.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Do any of you remember the cereal 'Freakies'?
    yes and there is still a magnet of the little blue elephant looking character on my parent's fridge.

snorkledorf's going for $15 on ebay these days...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1970s-FREAK...14122012r35831

They make this stuff in downtown Cedar Rapids at the Quaker Oats plant that overlooks the Cedar River. Many a glass water seeking dawn patrol has been blessed with both glass water and the smell of freshly baked Cap n' Crunch.

it doesnt matter, its good; just eat it !

did you ask what was in the first joint you smoked, or just smoked it because it is good.

man, if we get universal healthcare; i'm loading up on captain's peanut butter until the feds make it illegal for me as a health hazard.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    They make this stuff in downtown Cedar Rapids at the Quaker Oats plant that overlooks the Cedar River. Many a glass water seeking dawn patrol has been blessed with both glass water and the smell of freshly baked Cap n' Crunch.
    ...Till the winds change and come from the feed lots.
    Cedar Rapids = best and worst smelling town ever.

Freakies FTW!
    tasted like ghetto Cap'n Crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    WTF!!! Multi-colored berries what is up with that shit? Can't we just keep it classic with the red berries? I don't know if they do it anymore but a few years ago they released Oop's All Berries.

Can we get back to classic please

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A local joint is known for its captain crunch french toast. Try it.
    DAMN! ya beat me to it!!! You live near Vail? If so, I know exactly who came up with that.

It's super easy to make, you just smash up the Cap'n and use it to coat the bread after the egg... It's like intercourse for your tastebuds!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    snorkledorf's going for $15 on ebay these days...

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1970s-FREAK...14122012r35831
    Heh - "Item Condition: Used"

try cap'n crunch fried chicken

yummm

Quote Originally Posted by TeleHoar View Post
    ...Till the winds change and come from the feed lots.
    Cedar Rapids = best and worst smelling town ever.
    Except for the fact that there is no feedlots around town so the smell of shit is not an issue. Those nasty confinements are a problem in rural areas since no town wants one nearby.

That said they do call it the city of five smells for a reason Fun to play guess that smell. The best one is pancake syrup and fruit roll ups from the General Mills plant. Yumm... IMO the ethanol plans pump out the worst smells.

I would love a box of CnC with crunch berries right now. Mmmmmmm.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Cap'N Crunch=processed garbage designed in a lab which is mostly sugar, which will make you fat and give you diabetes.

NOT eating it is a better idea.

Perhaps you should snort pure cane sugar instead.

^^^^^

Raaaar!!!

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    ^^^^^

Raaaar!!!

Who pissed in your Cheerios?
    Well played.

This message brought to you by Debbie Downer.....

I'll continue with this-

"A report released in 2009 by the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity at Yale gave Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries the worst nutritional score of any cereal marketed to children and families [31]."

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Cap'N Crunch=processed garbage designed in a lab which is mostly sugar, which will make you fat and give you diabetes.

NOT eating it is a better idea.

Perhaps you should snort pure cane sugar instead.
    Buzzkiller!