WTD:busted ass reactor bindings?

so I hear these really sucked ass, but I got a pair of mothership flites that I am going to mount tele and I'd like to find a pair of the plates from the reactor bindings. I don't care how busted they are, as I just want to strip them down to the plate and maybe mount some tele binding to that?

I've never even seen these pieces of crap in real life, so this may not even be feasable, but what the hell, sounds like there should be plenty rottin in the back of some closets out there??

I'm in Boulder, and I'll buy ya a six pack for 'em? whadya's think?

You would have a hard time mounting tele bindings to the plate since the plate was never solid...it had all sorts of little bits and pieces inside (trust me, ive seen the insides of these things alot since my shop agreed to carry them a few years ago).

Plus, with tele bindings, you would be essentially moving your toe line way back by mounting on the plate. The only advantage to the Reactor mount was that it allowed for a truely free flexing ski...with a tele set up, your flex point is different, but still free flexing all on its own...Aside from switching bindings from ski to ski, there would really be no advantage...

I used to have teles mounted on some motherships and the holes have zero conflict with the factory line holes. Drill 'em up!

Just build your own.

those look nice, I was thinking of something along those lines, but thicker and milled to remove some weight. I use a high riser on my jaks, so I want to keep that.

so what are those made of? I would appreciate any tips on what alloy to use, or anything about the flex of the skis. I thought that might be a part of the design, I wonder if I can still take advantage using a raised plate? maybe a flexible one, yeah with ball bearings, that's it, everythings ball bearings these days...

sorry, got away from me there...

those commercials are so fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Just build your own.
    Can we get some more info on what you did and how you made them? Materials, weight, and such?

I'm gonna have a really easy term this coming fall and would love to fuck around in the shop with a pair of old 1260's to make something like that.

Pretty caveman, actually. 5/16" 6061 plate with (this is important) barely oversized holes for M6 machine screws, then countersunk for flat head. I can;t remember the dia exactly, but you have to be very careful to drill to the closest possible diameter to the screws so they slide thru almost snugly. Otherwise, the slop is easily detectable and you have to crank the screws down more than I like to torque just to fight the play.

I just cut them to shape with a small bandsaw and beveled the edge with a stationary belt sander. Would have been nice the edges, but that's a lot of work. Milling and lightening some of the extraneous non-structure material out of the piece would do wonders for the weight, but you'll need to run a finite element analysis to do that safely.

I'd just like to take a moment to point out that Snowbeard's avatar is fkn awesome!

That is all.

Is the extra set of holes for moving the mount point? what ski is that? did you add your own helicoils? It's the same diameter between the holes as a Line freedom plate?
    would you be able to mill out a line down the center of the plate (and maybe near the edges) to take away weight safely?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.