Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think that stump owns some beach front in Hawaii. And i think that's the first wedding scene of the movie.

...I didn't know Borat was on the north face team!

Quote Originally Posted by fonixmunkee View Post
    I'm so totally envious of that guy's bitchin' mustache. I'd use it as an avatar, if I could.
    I never realized Jim Croce was a skier.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I never realized Jim Croce was a skier.
    Yeah, dude. "Don't Mess Around with Jim" was written about Jim McConkey.

i thought stumpy went to hollywood to pursue his film career. really, no shit...

Arrow

Respect to those who ripped Squaw back in the day. Those pics are sick. The Fu Man Chu kills me evey time. That's as Chuck Norris as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    So, the wife and I rented some movies this week and one was "You, Me and Dupree"... movie wasn't too bad, but that's beside the point. The credits were rolling at the end of the movie and I wasn't really paying attention... until the very end of the credits. The very last part was a section that said "The Filmmakers Would Like To Graciously Acknowledge:" and then there is a list of locations and names... blah blah blah... but the very last name was... GREG STUMP. What did Greg Stump have to do with You, Me and Dupree?!?
    Nothing...never even saw the film... Greg Stump

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    He probably gave the PA's coke in return for man love.
    Sorry to disapoint, but I have never done coke or man-love at any point in my life... Greg Stump

Ha Ha

So, the wife and I rented some movies this week and one was "You, Me and Dupree"... movie wasn't too bad, but that's beside the point. The credits were rolling at the end of the movie and I wasn't really paying attention... until the very end of the credits. The very last part was a section that said "The Filmmakers Would Like To Graciously Acknowledge:" and then there is a list of locations and names... blah blah blah... but the very last name was... GREG STUMP. What did Greg Stump have to do with You, Me and Dupree?!?
    Well, when he is all coked up and dressed all tranny, I guess that could count as a 'multiple personality'.
    Again no coke ever, seriously, and it ain't tranny granny it's mountain metrosexual... what 'da live under a rock or somehtin'... Greg Stump

Hey, man, I got a script....
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

No way. And I can prove it. Here he is talking to Kevin Andrews:

The year is 1989, we are shooting at Blackcomb, B.C. for License to Thrill. It is Kevin Andrews, Rick Marsh (soundman) Me, (Greg Stump at 28 years old and 20 pounds lighter), and silly boy's that's Scot Schmidt!... Greg Stump

Stumpy looks like he is enjoying the way his harness is cradling his junk.
    Oh yes I was... and what junk it is kids!

Greg Stump

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hey, man, I got a script....
    go to gregstumpproductions.com, send me an email and I'll give you and address... Greg

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    No, not possible.
    Theree is actually... he's a cartoonist in Seattle... does a thing called the Urban Hipster... never met him... The Greg Stump

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    go to gregstumpproductions.com, send me an email and I'll give you and address... Greg
    Done.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by HotTate View Post
    I think that stump owns some beach front in Hawaii. And i think that's the first wedding scene of the movie.

...I didn't know Borat was on the north face team!
    Hey Tate! This is fun... I am in Hawaii now... Greg Stump

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    i thought stumpy went to hollywood to pursue his film career. really, no shit...
    I did... directed Tony Hawk's superbowl commercial... mostly commercials and music videos... I am doing a new feature this year... "Legend of Aahhh's"... Greg Stump

okay, if this if ferilla Greg Stump and not some Maggot using an alter-ego to take the piss, then good on ya!

i got turned on to your flicks last season by some OG plankers and gotta say they helped crush the mid-summer-lack-of-snow-blues something righteously.

Blizzard is still my favorite of the ones I managed to get my grubby little paws on, but the others I've watched provided some great moments, as well.

As for the thanks in the Dupree flick, maybe the directors and producers are just fans and spent late nights post-edit drinking beers and watching old Stump flix, who knows? The Thank Yous at the end of films are usually where they stick in thanks to those folks who helped them outside the film world, you know friends, family, the bands whose music they listened to during filming, ex-girlfriends, the like.

if this really is Greg Stump, then..wow...all I have to say is "thanks, man".

your movies got this former flat-lander kid from chicago to become obssessed with skiing and head west....(and wear NF neon steep-tech shit for like 5 years...). you really coming out with a new "Ahhh's" movie??!!

Ok kids, quiz time...

What is Kevin Andrew's middle initial and what does it stand for?

(testing your License to Thrill knowledge...)

^ no clue ^ but I'm here to post in this soon to be Hall of Fame thread.

Welcome Stump. Thanks for the Maltese Flamingo! That film was what started the crave for skiing different than the racer kids years ago. 1986?! man, feeling old right about now....
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

On the off chance that this is indeed the man himself....
    Thanks.
    Here's a (rightfully) rejected Powder piece I penned many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by A Younger Gincognito

Plake Has My Magic Marker

As a 15-year-old kid in the fall of 1990 I recall being much impressed with the sight of Glen Plake’s gravity-defying Mohawk. I spotted it from across the room: a shark’s fin protruding from the sea of autograph seekers surrounding him.

“Plake’s here!” I can remember one of us shouting, and soon enough we were amongst the mob, clambering for a glimpse of one of our ski idols.

The very fact that we had ski idols was somewhat of an anomaly within the halls of our southern Ontario junior high school. Growing up with nothing more than mole hills to feed our skiing pursuits, it was all the more remarkable that hurling ourselves down snowy slopes had become a passion. But perhaps our obsession grew due to this seeming uniqueness. We were able to assert our individuality through our skiing.

The movies of Greg Stump playing no small role in this respect.

I often site The Maltese Flamingo as a movie that changed my life and, despite the odd looks I get when subjecting new friends to it, I still hold fast to that assertion. I can’t remember where we uncovered this ski flick, but I do recall how it worked its way into our conscience. The skiing, though spectacular to our virgin eyes, seemed almost secondary to the plain goofiness found within. I can remember laughing hysterically at the Secret Lives of the Sleeping Bags and at the Neanderthal giving his intellectual opinion on the merits of the film. We memorised every line of that flick and even went so far as to name ourselves after the members of the Flamingo Crew (for the record, I was Chris “The Hatchetman” Haslock).

The the lives depicted were so unlike anything I knew growing up in suburban Ontario and I was immediately drawn to it. A course was being set before me and skiing would be a huge part of it.

Upon later viewing The Blizzard of Aahhs, the grace of Scot Schmidt cemented an already done deal. His smooth style and unbelievable lines had me travelling to Squaw Valley and Chamonix many times within the limited space of my mind. When I finally did make it to Chamonix I took the time to find the café where he and the boys had been hanging out and to pose in front of the very statue he and Plake had stood in front of. Though cliche now, it somehow seemed meaningful at the time.

The winter of 1989 saw me in a new town often clad in a License to Thrill T-shirt and relishing the uniqueness of it. With Glen Plake on my back and the words “But I do have the biggest hair in the ski world…” written below him, I knew that I was wearing something that only a select few people (if any) in my new high school would understand. Though not as unique as Plake himself and his plastic-looking tuxedo, I did feel a joyful separation due to my fondness for skiing. If nothing else in those classrooms full of strangers, I was “the skier.”

The following year came Dr. Strangeglove and its showing in Toronto. Serendipitously I found myself visiting my ski buddies in that area right around the time of its release. So naturally tickets were procured and I prepared myself to finally view a ski movie in, not just a living room, but a whole theatre of like minded skiers. The news that Glen Plake would be in attendance heightened the excitement to the boiling point.

I remember the captions “When Mike Hattrup dropped into this chute… no one knew why” and I remember an image of Plake in the back of a limo playing with toy cars. I also recall some prizes being given away and a general sense of good will and excitement amongst the audience. But mostly I remember that I met Mr. Plake.

Somehow (probably due to my small stature) I was able to weasel my way through the crowd and be among the inner circle surrounding this alpha rooster. He had a stack of posters and a ballpoint pen and was scrawling autographs left and right while I waited reverently for him to pass his attention my way.

He seemed to be unsatisfied with the quality of the pen he was using – it was rather thin and weak for the large signatures he was liberally applying – and so, when he did notice me, he also noticed the thick Magic Marker I had thoughtfully brought along for just such an occurrence.

I muttered something obvious about wanting his autograph and extended the magical marker towards him. No way was I going to settle for a dinky ballpoint scrawl. He made his grandiose mark and looked admirably at the instrument in his hand.

“This works much better,” he hinted while looking at me.

Full of goofy fan nerves I tried to hold his eyes and replied, “You can keep it if you like.”

With a casual “thanks”, that’s exactly what he did.
    So, yeah, if you see him, could you ask him for my marker back?
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Hey Tate! This is fun... I am in Hawaii now... Greg Stump
    Cool!
    Did you leave any booze in the house in Victor?

I'm a mighty thirsty, and I think I know where you keep your Boas!

FKNA...

and just for fun...

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    okay, if this if ferilla Greg Stump and not some Maggot using an alter-ego to take the piss, then good on ya!

i got turned on to your flicks last season by some OG plankers and gotta say they helped crush the mid-summer-lack-of-snow-blues something righteously.

Blizzard is still my favorite of the ones I managed to get my grubby little paws on, but the others I've watched provided some great moments, as well.

As for the thanks in the Dupree flick, maybe the directors and producers are just fans and spent late nights post-edit drinking beers and watching old Stump flix, who knows? The Thank Yous at the end of films are usually where they stick in thanks to those folks who helped them outside the film world, you know friends, family, the bands whose music they listened to during filming, ex-girlfriends, the like.
    I guess so... I should watch the film, but unfortunately most ski flicks put me to sleep... that's why I am going to make a new one.

Did you see the Warren Miller/Max Bervy offering this year? I know MAx and he's a very nice man, but only those guys could pick the only bad Michael Franti song...

Cool!
    Did you leave any booze in the house in Victor?

I'm a mighty thirsty, and I think I know where you keep your Boas!
    No the cops keep taking it all...