Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Overall, it sounds like those running PMGear are doing a shitty job. If you think maxgosey is being unfair to you, you need to remember that he is a customer, and not some random TGR poster you can insult. After all, you are running a business, this forum is your largest client base, and you are already slowly building a rep for shoddy workmanship and unpredictable delivery of purchased product. I had considered purchasing BROs at the beginning of this season but after all the stories from people getting them months late, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. With this latest classless drama, I realize I made a good choice and there are better options than giving my money to some half-baked ski manufacturer that can't make good on their promises and treat customers with respect. I am aware that there are also countless stories of splat being a standup guy and a fun person to be around, but in business matters it is your worst showing that sticks.

That's cool, got the impression you were starting with the "son of a doctor" bullshit that unjustly gets thrown maxs' direction all the time.

One customer CAN bring a company to its knees, if the timing is right and the company is weak in some areas of their business (as PMGear seems to be).

I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but PMGear will be lucky if they get off with just a few bumps and bruises in their business.

Honestly, I had no idea Max's dad was a doctor. I knew he was studying medicine, and honestly I don't care if all of his cash for toys comes from mom or dad or a trustfund, I had a pretty nice upbringing myself.

The whole poor college kid thing gets thrown around way too liberally anymore. I have friends who literally lived in rented closets and were in debt up to their eyeballs in student loans, I still wouldn't have called them poor as they were working torwards a legitimate goal, and were tempararily cash poor.

Freaks and retards with no lives, more evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by INDY GS View Post
    WTF, why did this become a thrunt fest in my direction. I may be geographically challenged, but I wasn't saying anything bad about either person.

People who work hard for luxury items are not poor. Just sayin'
    hey, settle down. I was only joking and you're right, Max isn't poor.
    Old's Cool.

People who work hard for luxury items are not poor. Just sayin'
    Does the financial status of a person have anything to do with this in the first place?
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

I knew he was studying medicine...
    Not yet. He's premed. I don't know if I'll be able to keep from laughing out loud if his application comes across my desk.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

Nah. Not that bad. I may not even be on the committee when he starts sending 'em out. I'm sure he'll be a strong candidate if he applies to Utah, but it'd just be so funny, reading his highfalutin' essay with images of Erin poledancing in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Does the financial status of a person have anything to do with this in the first place?
    There was a comment made about Max being a Poor college kid and I stated that he was in no way Poor. That is all. The prior argument had nothing to do with financial well being.

I would love to know how the gapers at epic.com are finding all this. We rag on them pretty good when they have such drama, that they must find this pretty entertaining.

Let the ski off begin.

Not to support either side here, but the customer is always right is bull shit. I have fired many customers/clients, and will do so in the future, as it is in my, and my staffs best interest to do so from time to time. I do my best to appease my client, but sometimes it is not worth the effort, or more likely, they are just ass holes that treat my staff worse than shit. They are not worth having. Others I will go out of my way to appease, and make things right if they are good people to start with and there was some solvable problem or misunderstanding. I don't know which category this whole cluster fuck falls into, but I have met both Max and Pat, and they are both good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This thread needs some Alba

agreed...

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    ^^^^I despise bathing suit bottoms.

To be fair

Quote Originally Posted by ski_trader View Post
    If you think maxgosey is being unfair to you, you need to remember that he is a customer,.

Deep Days, is an unsatisfied customer who has skied a pair of loaner Bro model skis, and now is in possession of a new pair of 179 Bro model skis that he hand picked from multiple pair of skis.

He was sent to a shop that does not sell Bro Model and was allowed to go into the shop area at take what was perceived to be the pick of the litter with no PM Gear representation present.

I also heard mention of minor swag and a Hotel being provided.

PM Gear may have some issues and we all know that.

But I for one fail to see where Pat could go any further to try and please this particular customer. Their are other customers out their who have paid for Bro Skis and have yet to touch a pair, and certainly not 2 pair this winter.

It sounds like Deep Days may even have a pair #3 in his future. But I don't think PM Gear is in a position right now to shit a 3rd pair of skis they don't have while others are waiting for the first.

I guess that’s it for me.

It’s my opinion and like they say (Everyone has one)

PS: Alba is HOT in that Photo

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Not to support either side here, but the customer is always right is bull shit. I have fired many customers/clients, and will do so in the future, as it is in my, and my staffs best interest to do so from time to time.
    I don't disagree..... but I doubt you tell them they have a bleeding asshole, or any of that other puerile nonsense, either.

Even if PMGear decided not to do what they had to do to make it instantly "right" in the customer's eyes (not saying they were necessarilly obligated to), at the very least their public responses -- if they decide to make any public response at all -- should be professional. It's what I expect from companies that I do business with. It isn't being a stuffed suit.

Pat chose to reply to max's complaint as a "maggot," whatever the fuck that means. The problem here is that Max was a customer. You have to grow up a bit and put yourself to the side every once in a while....

this isn't the first time this has been said. PMGear sells a lot of products besides skis and I don't know if I've heard of one complaint about their service anywhere outside of the skis.

Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    One customer CAN bring a company to its knees, if the timing is right and the company is weak in some areas of their business (as PMGear seems to be).

I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but PMGear will be lucky if they get off with just a few bumps and bruises in their business.

You should come to CO this next winter mtt, I need a bar-buddy for the 10:00 am bar break.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Deep Days, is an unsatisfied customer who has skied a pair of loaner Bro model skis, and now is in possession of a new pair of 179 Bro model skis that he hand picked from multiple pair of skis.

He was sent to a shop that does not sell Bro Model and was allowed to go into the shop area at take what was perceived to be the pick of the litter with no PM Gear representation present.

I also heard mention of minor swag and a Hotel being provided.

PM Gear may have some issues and we all know that.

But I for one fail to see where Pat could go any further to try and please this particular customer. Their are other customers out their who have paid for Bro Skis and have yet to touch a pair, and certainly not 2 pair this winter.

It sounds like Deep Days may even have a pair #3 in his future. But I don't think PM Gear is in a position right now to shit a 3rd pair of skis they don't have while others are waiting for the first.

I guess that’s it for me.

It’s my opinion and like they say (Everyone has one)

PS: Alba is HOT in that Photo

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    You should come to CO this next winter mtt, I need a bar-buddy for the 10:00 am bar break.
    What you tryin to say littly buddy?

Hey have your new Colorado friends been teaching you how to ski? Or just whine and go along?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Nah. Not that bad. I may not even be on the committee when he starts sending 'em out. I'm sure he'll be a strong candidate if he applies to Utah, but it'd just be so funny, reading his highfalutin' essay with images of Erin poledancing in my head.
    You wouldn't happen to know Erica, would you? She's a med student at Utah...

Gawd damn!

Assume the position!

i'd just like to thank you all for typing in paragraphs, its made my reading of the daily soap opera that much more enjoyable
    If you open a second beer and don't miss a beat between sips, is that two beers or just one 24 ouncer? -Tye 1on

Alba makes everything better:

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This thread needs some Alba

tausen takk fritz!