What kind of river fishing do you like?

My home river has two basic parts to it (in my area); the alpine end of it up in the mountains, surrounded by trees and canyon walls, faster water, more rocks, shallow, etc. and 'pasture land' area where it is slower, deeper, under cut banks, bigger browns, mud/gravel bottom etc. I like both areas, but usually fish the pasture land part of it.

What types of river do you like?

Riffles, Tailouts, Frog Water, Flatwater, Cuts, Slicks, Pocket Water, FISHING
    `..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Cuttbank - Spring creek fishing is tough to beat. Floating a good pocket water stretch is a close second.
    But, fishin is fishin....I like it all!

Well, liking all types is a given, I just mean, if you had the choice, which is your favorite type? I think my favorite is deep undercut banks in slower water for big browns. Getting a good cast and a perfect drift in the right spot and... waiting for the strike... It is like watching a hail mary pass into the end zone by your favorite football team as time expires in the 4th quarter for the win... Doesn't get any better than that for me...
    Last edited by 72Twenty; 04-28-2007 at 10:07 PM.

I prefer high altitude, shallow stream, starved cutbow stalking. They ave enourmous heads, long bodies, but very lean...
    It's got more paprika.

Riffles. I like it when the fish turns sideways and they're at mach looney speeds within a matter of seconds exploding your drag
    `..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy