0 0%
  • (reserved for other nominations)

3 2.29%

1 0.76%

1 0.76%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I've always been under the impression that SW Colorado and New Mexico are prone to extremely poor snow years. It would really suck to spend all of next season watching Telluride suffer from a poor snow year while knowing that the Summit was going to be there. The nice thing about places like Utah, Tahoe, and BC is that even in a crappy snow year (say, 300" instead of 500"), there's still tons of stuff to ski.

I'll make a suggestion. Right here in river city we have 5 ski areas w/in 90 min (4 w/in 60). Lookout, Mt. Spokane, 49, Silver and Schweitzer. There are cheap rates to be had close to all of these areas. There is a cat skiing op in N. Idaho at $220/day and less if you fill the cat. Usually good dumps around 1st week of March. Pretty easy to get to Spokane from any where. Now, I would say that Canada is better, but we did do that last year. I know the area doesn't have huge write-ups in mags and shit but its a pretty good little location able to handle large quantities of maggots and treat them to good skiing + nighlife. Just throwin' it out there. I'd prolly rather go somewhere else but the cost of Jackson would prolly turn me off (I've heard its expensive to stay...).

Thoughts anyone???

Originally posted by 1080Rider
    I'll make a suggestion. Right here in river city we have 5 ski areas w/in 90 min (4 w/in 60). Lookout, Mt. Spokane, 49, Silver and Schweitzer. There are cheap rates to be had close to all of these areas. There is a cat skiing op in N. Idaho at $220/day and less if you fill the cat. Usually good dumps around 1st week of March. Pretty easy to get to Spokane from any where. Now, I would say that Canada is better, but we did do that last year. I know the area doesn't have huge write-ups in mags and shit but its a pretty good little location able to handle large quantities of maggots and treat them to good skiing + nighlife. Just throwin' it out there. I'd prolly rather go somewhere else but the cost of Jackson would prolly turn me off (I've heard its expensive to stay...).

Thoughts anyone???
    I want to know why more people aren't voting for Whistler... and actually, lodging in Jackson Hole is pretty damn cheap. The lift tix are not.

Originally posted by funkendrenchman
    I want to know why more people aren't voting for Whistler... .
    Me too......

Whistler/Blackcomb has ample terrain to spend a week scaring yourself and not have to ski the same thing twice.

The Village has ample nightlife to spend a week scaring yourself and not drink the same thing twice.

Getting to Whistler to me seems easier and more straightforward to get to for most mags than Jackson....flights into Vancouver should be cheaper than a flight into Jackson and then just hop a shuttle to Whistler and don't even worry about a rental car while you're there.

Canadian exchange rates favorable for US based mags.

1st summit was stateside
    2nd was Canada
    3rd back stateside
    4th --- let's go back to Canada!

Originally posted by funkendrenchman
    I want to know why more people aren't voting for Whistler... and actually, lodging in Jackson Hole is pretty damn cheap. The lift tix are not.
    hey, i am DEFINITELY voting for whistler. I honestly think it is a great choice. It will be the sickest summit to date. why? all of us in ONE small village, skiing two huge ski areas, no cars, no commuting to the mountain, lots of condos means lots of parties and once again no driving.

I would say no way in hell to an Inland NW vote. Just not good enough over there.

I'd like to see a Montana in there in the voting as well though.

PNW, Tahoe, and Utah mini

Thoughts anyone???
    As a veteran of the Spo-vegas area, I'd say the skiing just isn't worthy. Sorry, 1080. And Jackson isn't necessarily expensive. It's all in how you do it.

But my vote is for Whistler.

Whistlaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    steezarific!!

Everybody should come to AK, ALP Aly and touring possible heli or snowcat, ransackable town, and random things to jump off of, what more do people want
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

My votes for Jackson, but thats just because I live here No, actually I think a JH, GT, MT Summit would be good because its within driving distance for Utards, Coloraggots, MT mags, and even the Tahoe crowd. I know flights are pretty expensive, but lodging is relatively cheap and we could try to work out ticket deals (maybe Dirk can pull some strings).

Whistler would be cool too, but most people would have to fly...and flying is a pain in the ass.
    "College degree. Good job. Big house. We all make mistakes..."

www.lizmarshall.zenfolio.com

Let's see....

Jackson and Utah are close enough to split up at one time...Ruby Mountian Heli?

What about Cat skiing in BC...stay at a lodge with us and only us?

There's always the BC/Alberta loop....you drive pretty easily from Calgary to Kicking Horse, to Red, to Whitewater, back to Sunshine/Lake Louise

Whistler and Blackcomb can keep us busy...

....North Carolina

Originally posted by Lumpy
    Loup Loup rocks
    if you base it out of wenatchee/levanworth you have 8 ski areas with in 2 hrs. most of them with chairs!

WHISTLER

Whustler would be tits.

Jackson would be easier to getg to.

all regferances are relative for the monkey's present location.

as probably noted earlier in this thread...jackson and whistler don't have a number of maggots.

seattle areas front half of the week - baker back half

From a monetary perspective, I believe the best value is in interior BC.

After growing up in the hell hole that is the Puget Sound basin, we have much better skiing here the first part of March than they have in January over there, but compared to Jackson or Whistler this area doesn't even hold a candle.

I would prolly vote for Whistler as a 1st choice and relying on the info. that Jackson isn't super expensive I would vote a 2nd for that. There's no way we want to gamble on seattle.

Whistler or jackson, Ok with me both drivable and both places I want to go.

If you want a trend or rotation I won't go US- Can- US

more like US- Can- US- US- Can-US-

So Jackson 2005
    whistler 2006
    CO or whatever 2007
    UT 2008
    BC - KH- Mt MacKenize 2009
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Question

After growing up in the hell hole that is the Puget Sound basin,
    WTF? Puget Sound is not a "Hell hole."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Originally posted by KQ
    WTF? Puget Sound is not a "Hell hole."
    Can't stand the rain or all the people (nor the attitude of the people that their shit don't stink). Just one man's opinion. I wouldn't want to put my trust in the weather to give snow in march.

I wouldn't want to put my trust in the weather to give snow in march.
    Baker gets an average of 110 inches in March, more than any other area. And sorry, but Mt. Spokane really doesn't make my top ten. Schweitzer is okay, but really not Summit material, and not top ten either.

I know Baker gets the snow, but that's it west of the Mt's. The snow here is drier and lighter than the west side. The problem is how small the areas are here.

All I'm sayin' is that I don't think it would be that great of a summit if we all stayed in Seattle and hit Crustal, Alpental, Stevens. If we're going to do Baker/Whistler that makes more sense.

Does the Summit have to be in March?

Originally posted by slim
    Does the Summit have to be in March?
    Bump, good question Slim, and my vote was for Whistler. But I'm down for what-evah.
    Is there a consensus yet? We only have 11 months to decide.
    bc-lovah

Question

Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey
    Everybody should come to AK, ALP Aly and touring possible heli or snowcat, ransackable town, and random things to jump off of, what more do people want
    Can we stay at your house, pretty please?