1 0.76%
  • (reserved for other nominations)

1 0.76%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Nomination for:

arrival: Seattle and the Fremont Bar Crawl
    Players: Crystal, Alpental, Stevens, Baker, Whistler
    departure: Seattle

dates: during Crystal Mtn. freeride comp.

(although Jackson would be a sweet location- keep PNW second on the list)

Originally posted by DINMS
    Let's see how you feel when 4 people come that arn't from the eastcoast becuase no one wants to ski your hockey rinks, the 4 of which are, Brett AKA huge air dog, bakerboy, Ted, and iceman.

I triple dog dare you to get on a plane and come out here next year, we'll see just how much of a rock superstar you are
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I'll ski anywhere, especially if there's a local crowd - even get myself schooled on the east coast.

But! I love the idea of stormchasing with RVs. That would be an unbelievable adventure.

edit - those of you that haven't been to a summit, you've just got to go. So much fun...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I'm in for anywhere. But, wouldn't Colorado have an abundance of mountains to ski all around a 2hour drive?

Winter Park/Mary Jane
    Berthoud Pass
    Loveland
    A-Basin
    Keystone
    Breck
    Copper
    Vail/Beaver Creek

Just thinking!
    i'm going to tie you up with my golden lariat, and make you tell the truth!

For dollar value, coolness, and variety, I'd love to do Canada -because I love Canada and the price is right for us Yanks.
    Fernie, Castle, Jasper, snomo in Revelstoke, maybe blow out a day deal with CMH.

(mbs is gonna get mad cause last night I told him I'd support a PNW summit, but Canada gives me wood)

Originally posted by splat
    For dollar value, coolness, and variety, I'd love to do Canada -because I love Canada and the price is right for us Yanks.
    Fernie, Castle, Jasper, snomo in Revelstoke, maybe blow out a day deal with CMH.

(mbs is gonna get mad cause last night I told him I'd support a PNW summit, but Canada gives me wood)
    I like the canada idea.

But what about whistler as a base (not just spending a couple days there from a PNW summit).

Place has it all:

terrain and lots of it.
    the exchange rate
    great condos, walking distance from the base, that are not expensive.
    you don't need to rent a car.
    tons of restaraunts and great nightlife.
    proximity to 'relatively' inexpensive heli skiing.

not to mention the fact that we would all be staying in and invading the same relatively small village!
    Last edited by lph; 03-14-2004 at 08:03 PM.

This might be a cool place for a summit (the fact that i live in the area doesn't affect my decision in the slightest). The last canadian summit missed lots of cool moutains/terrain. And if Splat can get a day at CMH that would be icing on the cake.

The crew would also be up for Jackson/Targhee...
    ...what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

Originally posted by TJ.Brk
    Ya know Laser you do have a point. Doesn't seem fair that summits can only be held on the west coast.
    Hell, half of us out here came from the east ice coast and that is why we are here. The snow.

You can have all the love you want, but I certainly do want or have any desire to ride a chairlift most of the day to ski with gapers, stand in liftlines forever, or even go east to ski or board.

Been there done that, I like it here much better.

Not that you guys do not have a valid point and that you EC personas always have to travel more, but isn't it worth it??

More of my 2 cents.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

wait another year or two before coming back to canada. Mt Mackenzie in revelstoke should have the gondola by then. can you say 6000+vertical feet and 600"+ of annual snowfall?

Originally posted by powslut
    wait another year or two before coming back to canada. Mt Mackenzie in revelstoke should have the gondola by then. can you say 6000+vertical feet and 600"+ of annual snowfall?
    Do you really think so? On Mackenzie.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Originally posted by Buster Highmen
    Choice 1: SW CO: Telluride-Silverton-Taos.

'Cause that's where I'll likely be about this time next year.

Choice 2: Puget Sound

'Cause that it's easier to get there from here.
    I second though I prefer to flip the order. Still, South Colorado including Taos would be kick-butt.
    "Steve McQueen's got nothing on me" - Clutch

I am voting for Whistler cause it has a better party scene than JH, much hotter woman, and way easier access. Flying into Jackson can be a pain in the arse. You don't need a rental car in Whistler and lodging is cheap (as is JH). Sure, it may not be enough terrain for two weeks (may not), but how many summit attendees actually ski for two weeks? It seems like 5 or 6 days would be average, and there is no way you would get bored at Whistler in that amount of time.

Originally posted by Red Baron
    Well, all the Delta flights into Jackson are on Skywest, which means a stop in SLC to get there; kind of ironic...

But I'd be all over a Jackson Summit...
    Idaho Falls works as well to fly into to get to Jackson. Shorter drive.

http://www.cityofrevelstoke.com/edc/skihill.htm

its been pending for years, and the developer has finally created a plan that the community finds suitable. of course it's hinging on approval by BC Land and Water which is expected to occur sometime this spring or early summer.

Originally posted by DougW
    Do you really think so? On Mackenzie.

Originally posted by powslut
    http://www.cityofrevelstoke.com/edc/skihill.htm

its been pending for years, and the developer has finally created a plan that the community finds suitable. of course it's hinging on approval by BC Land and Water which is expected to occur sometime this spring or early summer.
    Thanks , I'd never run into the link. Skied there Jan and was supper impressed.

Now does the developer have the money?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Originally posted by DINMS
    Let's see how you feel when 4 people come that arn't from the eastcoast becuase no one wants to ski your hockey rinks, the 4 of which are, Brett AKA huge air dog, bakerboy, Ted, and iceman.
    ??? Drunk jibber.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Idaho Falls works as well to fly into to get to Jackson. Shorter drive.
    american airlines has non stop flights from chicago to jackson from mid-late december to end of march
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

^^^^^A little PNW stoke stolen from another thread to convince the naysayers.

So, considering I f*cked the original poll/post, I probably should try to fix this mess I've created. Or turn this over to someone else...or maybe I should just have another drink. Except that I'm at work, so that's out.

Anyway, it looks like we have 13 areas suggested (tried to simplify):

1. Whistler
    2. Seattle/PNW
    3. SW Colorado/Durango
    4. Summit/Vail
    5. Aspen
    6. Jackson/Targhee
    7. Bozeman/Red Lodge/MT
    8. Banff/Revelstoke
    9. Tahoe
    10. SLC
    11. Nelson/Selkirks/Fernie
    12. Burlington
    13. Storm chasing

Of those 3 are past summit locations. All good, but not all of the good, if you get my drift. I wouldn't object to going back to any, but I would prefer to see something new.

That leaves 10 new places. The maximum number of poll options is 10. Should I a) post a new poll with the new suggestions; b)post a new poll dropping the 3 least suggested/popular options; c) start a spreadsheet with 1st and 2nd choices and affix point values for votes; d) get back to my monthly financial statement and let someone else sort out what the collective opinion is, or e)assume that JH/Targhee is the choice, even given the faulty poll I posted.

You can say "shut up grrrr" if that is the correct answer.

Talking

wow looks like grrr is stepping up as next year's summit organizer!!

...you do realize you posted a poll asking what your next poll should like don't you?

I say wait a month......let the dust settle....and then start a new one. We still gotta year anyways

Talking

Originally posted by grrrr

You can say "shut up grrrr" if that is the correct answer.
    I am cornfused though.

Would the correct answer be "That" or "shut up grrrr" or does "that" indicate "shut up grrrr" or even better.....

if people are trying to avoid Ice covered hills, with masses of people, and large ticket prices, and long distances for people to fly, and poor snow conditions..................................
    Than why are people suggesting summit Co/Colorado

East coast it is

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Originally posted by grrrr
    or e)assume that JH/Targhee is the choice, even given the faulty poll I posted.
    With a side jaunt into MT. just my $.02.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

Just lump the Canadian resorts (other than Whistler) together. With the length of the summit you can easily progress from Whitewater/Red to Kimberley/Fernie/Big Mountain/Castle and then Kicking Horse/Louise/Sunshine. (Or the other way around.)

If it's an exceptional snow year add Panorama. Also plenty of cat and heli options along the way as everyone knows.

I also like the idea of a Whistler/PNW combo, but I don't know if the logistics would make sense for that.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Originally posted by Buster Highmen
    Yes, please continue to ignore the fact that there are 4 great ski areas with 4 hours of each other in the PNW: Crustal, Alpental, Stevens, Baker. Oh yeah, don't forget White Pass.
    Loup Loup rocks
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations